Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«84 »
Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 story lately, after spending almost a month in Online.

It's good and you get to do stuff like feed klansmen to alligators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Akion posted:

Been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 story lately, after spending almost a month in Online.

It's good and you get to do stuff like feed klansmen to alligators.

I know it's tempting to kill the klansmen, but don't, let their scenarios play out, they're incredibly inept.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Edit:
Just gonna quote crazy deal

BeAuMaN posted:

Yoshi's Crafted World (digital, code e-mailed to you) for Nintendo Switch showing up as $1 in cart. Go go go go (supposed to be $40, AAA Title)
https://www.target.com/p/yoshi-39-s...al/-/A-79405697

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 8, 2020

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Back Hack posted:

I know it's tempting to kill the klansmen, but don't, let their scenarios play out, they're incredibly inept.

My first one had the guy catching on fire. After they a ran I chased down the dude in the black robe and tossed him to the Gators.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

I was waiting on RDR2 to go on sale on Steam, but I've decided "gently caress it" and I'm getting it after I get paid over the weekend.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

chitoryu12 posted:

I was waiting on RDR2 to go on sale on Steam, but I've decided "gently caress it" and I'm getting it after I get paid over the weekend.

I use isthereanydeal for game price tracking. It was one sale on steam during through Jan 2nd at $47.99, and it was at its lowest price on GreenManGaming at $42.23 through Jan 3rd
https://isthereanydeal.com/game/red...emptionii/info/

isthereanydeal doesn't factor in coupon codes iirc (but they will show them), and GMG had a 5% running through the end of last year. They also don't factor in any discounts like from GMG VIP program or Humble Bundle's subscriber discount. And of course they don't show Amazon on their price history graph because Amazon will cut off their affiliate money if they do.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Witcher chat: I just had the barber scene and the general only asked about his troops, not the events of the past games. Did I screw myself out of content? When the game started I said no to simulating a save, I thought that was like importing a save or something which I don't have.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Witcher chat: I just had the barber scene and the general only asked about his troops, not the events of the past games. Did I screw myself out of content? When the game started I said no to simulating a save, I thought that was like importing a save or something which I don't have.

No, simulating a save is a way for you to go through an in-game Q&A process with a character if you don't have a Witcher 2 save. There is really only one dialogue choice that actually gates content there, and I'm not sure what happens to that content if you don't simulate a save. Even some quick looking doesn't tell me - if you have a manual save without going back too far, it may be worth loading that.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I think the only thing that really matters is whether Letho is alive. The rest is just bits of dialogue. If you killed him his little quest isn't available and obviously you can't bring him to Kaer Morhen.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

In terms of actual gameplay, that's accurate. The other answers will change up dialogue and a couple cutscenes, but that's it.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

I bought some guns when first legally able. College years and after they sat in a closet as I didn't really have the inclination to shoot and definitely didn't have the money to do much shooting.

Then what got me back into guns truly was playing the original Counterstrike. This was in the middle of the AWB. I wandered into a pawn shop and asked the guy how they could sell AKs when there was an AWB. Not long after I bought an AK and that kicked off where I am in the hobby today.

Game stuff I reloaded FO3 and played a bit and now am playing through FONV. The first time I played NV I rushed through the main campaign so I'm taking my time with it this time around with some mods. The Western aesthetic and guns is part of the real charm of the game to me so yeah, now I'm thinking I should get Red Dead. Also thinking about returning to Witcher 3.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Oh yeah Call of Duty MW 2 really made me want a Tavor like nothing else.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Action-Bastard posted:

Oh yeah Call of Duty MW 2 really made me want a Tavor like nothing else.

I want a white one for some stupid reason. Probably would get smudged to all hell.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

priznat posted:

I want a white one for some stupid reason. Probably would get smudged to all hell.

The MNU would like to remind you that firearms are issued as needed for you own protection and that of your fellow contractors. Please return all firearms in the condition they are given: free of dirt, fouling, and bodily fluids of both terrestrial and extra-terrestrial nature.

-thx mgmt

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

priznat posted:

I forgot to respond to this yesterday, but here's one goons paint job to emulate the M1A from the Rainbow Six cover:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Action-Bastard posted:

I forgot to respond to this yesterday, but here's one goons paint job to emulate the M1A from the Rainbow Six cover:

drat thatís hot

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Who protects?

Grimey Drawer

Yeah I would be tempted to do that if I lived somewhere with regular snow. Both the original Rainbow Six's cover with the USP and Rogue Spear's with the M14 are pretty iconic.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

I hope Rockstar gives Red Dead Online the director's tools like GTA Online got, I can only do so much with cutscene camera angles

that face when some creepy old dude is all oh no please retrieve my property by which I mean my wife who is several decades younger than me

Where's the button that lets me plunge my jawbone knife in your guts

Also I was the only person who voted to let the woman run off with the nicer, younger, less creepy man. Sometimes you yeehaw, sometimes you yeenaw.

Edit:

https://i.imgur.com/7J7ToDU.mp4

Just straight up stabbing you with my eyes don't mind me

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 11, 2020

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Action-Bastard posted:

I looked at the photo before the text and was instantly like 'hey yeah I remember that game'.

drat that looks cool.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I just found out homeworld remastered exists so thats cool

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

Also I was the only person who voted to let the woman run off with the nicer, younger, less creepy man. Sometimes you yeehaw, sometimes you yeenaw.

I went with young guy the first time, and old guy the second time so I could get my bad boy points to get the evil story missions.

R* has made it annoyingly hard to stay evil in this game when any manner of horse care makes you go from Literally Hitler to Gandhi in 3 seconds flat.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

Smiling Jack posted:

Hell yeah dude you're in for some fuckin' gaming.

Homeworld 1 was one of my Youth Games, I ended up with the collector's set with the silver box and the soundtrack and all the technical manuals and lore books.

Also I rebought RDR2 and managed to get it working by loving around non-stop with admin mode for various poo poo. If I weren't transferring poo poo to a new hard drive I got (fun thing they make 8TB hard drives now so I can consolidate all these smaller older ones into bigger new ones) I'd be cowpoking right now.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/696650/BLACK_DAY/

I saw this game, Black Day, on RPS in the Flare Path.

He touted it as a sort of spritual successor to OG Ghost Recon or a better Wildlands. IIRC the dev also mods Arma 3 and there's definitely some DNA of A3 in here.

It's surprisingly well put together but still really rough around the edges. The AI pathfinding is way better than I expected and I love the customization and weapon variety already. It's very early access still.

I refunded it just because I probably need the 15 more than the game atm. I'm gonna keep an eye on it though.

Edit: I posted a steam review and saw this in another review.

..x3 gamemodes
...x21 terrific maps (with time-of-day and weather variables!)
...x28 different difficulty variables

It's surprisingly fleshed out for alpha. Like I said, definitely going to watch out for this one even though I refunded it.

skooma512 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 11, 2020

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Action-Bastard posted:

gently caress I forgot all about that one.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Action-Bastard posted:

Rogue Spear is my favorite game from my middle school era.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

gently caress I'm old, I was in my twenties when I first played Homeworld and Rogue Spear.

I fell out of computer gaming from like 2002-now because reasons, but getting back into it.

Grand Theft Auto and Skyrim felt like having a god drat job though- go here! Do this! Blah blah blah.
X-Com on my phone owned though.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

came the flu sicker,
spent trumpbux on nothing//
now brace the strain, fuckers:
more vaping pains, coffin//

Grimey Drawer

i hate how there's no trigger discipline in video games, safeties aren't on, and you can just point your gun at everyone instead of lowering them when in buildings or talking to people. it turns me off of games these days unless i can mod it out.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Lpzie posted:

i hate how there's no trigger discipline in video games, safeties aren't on, and you can just point your gun at everyone instead of lowering them when in buildings or talking to people. it turns me off of games these days unless i can mod it out.

We have very different play styles when it comes to FPS games

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Lpzie posted:

smdh if you ain't got kicked from Red Orchestra at least fifty times because your urge to shoot is greater than your ability to discern grey from green

edit: it's not blue on blue it's RU on RU

Fond memories of rage-quitting a game where my team wouldn't attack by calling down artillery in the middle of my own camp-rear end team.

NerdyMcNerdNerd fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 11, 2020

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Lpzie posted:

There are a few games where walking around with your poo poo out and pointing at people gets a pretty negative reaction. Plenty of RPGs. RDR2 is one I can think of right now, but there's a bunch.

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Who protects?

Grimey Drawer

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

smdh if you ain't got kicked from Red Orchestra at least fifty times because your urge to shoot is greater than your ability to discern grey from green

Good thing nazi helmets are pretty distinctive in WWII games

The normal thing to do in video games is to dump your mag indiscriminately around your spawn while spawn protection is still on

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

While i'm glad I bought it, and i've played it a few times, i'm salty they didn't keep the original formation and attack postures from 1

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

skooma512 posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/696650/BLACK_DAY/

I saw this game, Black Day, on RPS in the Flare Path.

He touted it as a sort of spritual successor to OG Ghost Recon or a better Wildlands. IIRC the dev also mods Arma 3 and there's definitely some DNA of A3 in here.

It's surprisingly well put together but still really rough around the edges. The AI pathfinding is way better than I expected and I love the customization and weapon variety already. It's very early access still.

I refunded it just because I probably need the 15 more than the game atm. I'm gonna keep an eye on it though.

Edit: I posted a steam review and saw this in another review.

..x3 gamemodes
...x21 terrific maps (with time-of-day and weather variables!)
...x28 different difficulty variables

It's surprisingly fleshed out for alpha. Like I said, definitely going to watch out for this one even though I refunded it.

This sounds pretty cool. How is the AI re: being all-seeing laser accurate god mode bastards who can pop you in two shots from 500 yards when you sneeze?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Arrath posted:

This sounds pretty cool. How is the AI re: being all-seeing laser accurate god mode bastards who can pop you in two shots from 500 yards when you sneeze?

Well it it's like Arma, then 100%.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

Well it it's like Arma, then 100%.

That's exactly my concern.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Arrath posted:

That's exactly my concern.

Here's some random Smash That Like Button guy talking about it and showing footage, IDK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1DyOo1NFIM

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Akion posted:

I went with young guy the first time, and old guy the second time so I could get my bad boy points to get the evil story missions.

R* has made it annoyingly hard to stay evil in this game when any manner of horse care makes you go from Literally Hitler to Gandhi in 3 seconds flat.

Just murder random NPCs and steal their horses, then ride them until you find another person to kill, kill them and execute the previous horse.

Extra points if you can steal a wagon because then you get more horses to murder.

edit: oh and if you run across a farm kill all the farm animals, then murder the farmer when he complains.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I've just been getting on a roof in Saint Denis and murdering cops.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

*Cleans Schofield, cocked, finger on trigger*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Smiling Jack posted:

gently caress this is more complicated than I remember

«84 »