Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Looks like it's decent enough now from what I know from goons and friends. I might bite soon but I don't know how good/bad it'll run on my ancient PC (i7 2600k, 16Gb DDR3 and a 1080Ti) but sure it will do better than my PS4 slim.

Game is pretty decent with older hardware. Watch Digital Foundry video in case you notice slowdowns, they did deep dive on how noticeable a setting is for quality vs performance hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm sorta glad I got to see all the hilarious graphics glitches that messed with dramatic cutscenes (like guns not being put away when they should be) before they scrubbed them out in CP2077. A lot of unintended comedy.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ZebraBlade posted:

Is CP2077 unfucked enough to merit buying or should I keep waiting?

I'm waiting till end of this year to try it. I barely have any time to play now anyway and hopefully there will be a few major patches between now and then.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

ZebraBlade posted:

Is CP2077 unfucked enough to merit buying or should I keep waiting?

It's odd, being honest about it both sides of that statement are true. Game is fine once you identify the dumb things it's going to do you can easily work around (or use to your advantage) what they are. Save often have fun.

Also, there are a few things that really should be addressed at some point and waiting isn't a bad idea either. Getting it on a good sale or with a big coupon putting it in the 30-35 range and I am pretty sure there wouldn't be much buyers remorse. It was gifted to me, but at around 600 hours in I've done pretty much everything at least once and a few things that weren't intended at all. If I had paid full price I would have still got my money out of it but I am in no way normal. Expect to play through twice, with a total time of 45-70 hours.

I got all the achievements in the game on an i52400 with 16gb of ddr3 and a 1080gt with the game installed on a HDD. Was in potato mode for almost all of it but it was certainly playable. Im on a Ryzen 5 3500 with 32gb of DDR4 and a 1650 Super with the game installed on an SSD now. I get 30+fps with everything on ultra.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

PC gamer reviewed the recent patch and their headline is literally like "if you were waiting, keep waiting".

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Jack B Nimble posted:

PC gamer reviewed the recent patch and their headline is literally like "if you were waiting, keep waiting".

I've gotten my monies worth on PC.

On sale, I'd say the game is a solid buy. I haven't run into any major bugs that stop the game from being enjoyable.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

It was fine enough. I still wish they had gone full Ubishooter instead of doing a bastardized Borderlands+Witcher looter shooter.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

I played it at launch and loved it, but if you are someone who said "I will wait", not much has changed for you.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

I know there is no way this happens but when multiplayer hits, if they would just mirror Saints Row 2's method with it, they can leave it full price forever and no one will ever feel cheated

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I feel like I read recently that Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer was cancelled.

I hope I'm wrong, though. A GTA Online experience in Cyberpunk 2077's world would be amazing if they fixed all the open-world jankiness.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

What in the world makes you think they could produce anything CLOSE to GTA?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

The Automator posted:

What in the world makes you think they could produce anything CLOSE to GTA?

You could ask the same of the devs.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Akion posted:

I feel like I read recently that Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer was cancelled.

I hope I'm wrong, though. A GTA Online experience in Cyberpunk 2077's world would be amazing if they fixed all the open-world jankiness.

IIRC, it was cancelled as a stand-alone game, but might become a feature for the single-player game. Think how Rockstar has positioned GTA:O as it's own thing, while abandoning single-player development all together.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

madeintaipei posted:

IIRC, it was cancelled as a stand-alone game, but might become a feature for the single-player game. Think how Rockstar has positioned GTA:O as it's own thing, while abandoning single-player development all together.

I don't like thinking about that because it fuckin disappoints me.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

I'm not sure why anyone thinks open PvP involving wall-piercing sniper rifles and quickhacks would be anything but a trainwreck.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Given the absolute shitshow GTA Online is, CDPR could absolutely reach their level.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm not sure why anyone thinks open PvP involving wall-piercing sniper rifles and quickhacks would be anything but a trainwreck.

Yep. Games don't need PvP shoved in them.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm not sure why anyone thinks open PvP involving wall-piercing sniper rifles handguns and quickhacks would be anything but a trainwreck.

Actually never tried it, but can the Satara tech shotgun wallhack?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Yes, all tech weapons can. The shotgun's is less useful since it spreads, but it can be rude if the opponent is on the other side of a fence or something. Most of them require a charge-up, the Burya doesn't, but that also means it can't take advantage of the perks in the Engineering tree that relate to charging up. At the same time, the fact that other guns shake while charging up means that it can get more precise shots through walls than even the sniper rifle, which gets obscene when you have the Comrade's Hammer version, which trades having only a single shot for having that shot be 2-3x as powerful and also it explodes and can go through targets so you can get twofers if enemies line up right. Really the main downside is, uh, don't fire it near civilians if you don't want a visit from Maxtac in your future.

The sniper rifle might be better once you get perks to bring the damage up to the point you don't need headshots, the main weakness of the Nekomata or however it's spelled is that you can't reliably land headshots with it shaking so bad. Or maybe that's what the perk that makes guns not automatically fire once charged is for, release when the shake brings it over the head. This run I'm currently on is melee-focused so I'm rushing a quest line that gives an iconic suppressed antimateriel rifle for the instances where I can't get in close. I've got a smart sniper rifle but with the amount you have to wiggle it around to get it to aim for the head I'd rather just aim myself.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Getting the steadying perks does help, but it still gets sporty if you hold for too long.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Shhhhhh God drat that train wreck is my ambrosia

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

IMO the way a Cyberpunk multiplayer could be good would be making it co-op, either open world balanced for more players or Payday style closed set missions.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

22 Eargesplitten posted:

If that was the original plan, that'd be godawful. I thought of that, as I am a happy abuser of legendary ping and maxed out quickhacks. They would have to have balanced and tested 'class sets' to pick from for PVP, like how Mass Effect had those co-op PvE loadouts.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Shima Honnou posted:

There is a new one, Direct Action, which seems neat but I've not tried it yet.

Tried Direct Action a couple of weeks ago. Turns out it really doesn't like if your server has multiple compatible addons loaded onto it and will just pick the last one on its mod list.
Overall it was okay, it really needs a save system. Especially if you want keep playing it and not having to restart all the time and the tier system feels a bit wonky.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

Tried Direct Action a couple of weeks ago. Turns out it really doesn't like if your server has multiple compatible addons loaded onto it and will just pick the last one on its mod list.
Overall it was okay, it really needs a save system. Especially if you want keep playing it and not having to restart all the time and the tier system feels a bit wonky.

No save system no sale.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

This week Epic Games Store is giving away 3 Out of 10: Season 2
A comedy adventure game w/ mini games?... about developers making bad games.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/3-out-of-10-season-2
... Which they already give it away for free (Season 1). I guess they're using the slot to promote the reason of Season 2.
It says Free 4/5/2021 through 4/15/2021 though I think it's free even after that so

Next week Epic Games Store will be giving away three games:
Deponia: The Complete Journey; A quirky sci-fi-ish point-and-click adventure game
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/deponia-the-complete-journey

Ken Follet's The Pillars of Earth; a not-so-quirky medieval point-and-click adventure game
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/ken-follets-the-pillars-of-the-earth

The First Tree; an indie adventure exploration game
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-first-tree

These will be free from 4/15/2021 through 4/22/2021.

I have Deponia and my one complaint is that it doesn't have a borderless window mode where I can change focus to other things.

Edit: So, separate note, since most people here probably have Amazon Prime

Everyone's aware that Amazon gives away free crap via Prime Gaming about weekly, right? In-game Loot/bonuses at the top and free games at the bottom?
https://gaming.amazon.com/home
You can plug in Amazon Gaming's client to GOG Galaxy with uh... I think there's a github or whatever out there with one, though you still need to boot it up; most of the Amazon Gaming stuff really doesn't have hard-coded DRM in it so once you download you can just run it from the game folder.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 8, 2021

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Oh wow, Moving Out is free on that Amazon thingy right now. Guess it's time for another game client lol

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Memento posted:

Oh wow, Moving Out is free on that Amazon thingy right now. Guess it's time for another game client lol

It's also on gamepass, if you already have that

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

I read Pillars of the Earth in the late 90s. I do not recall wanting a video game tie in.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to PARTAYYY!

Fun Shoe

The gently caress?

I have to download and install Origin in order to play C&C Red Alert 2. gently caress.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Micromancer posted:

I read Pillars of the Earth in the late 90s. I do not recall wanting a video game tie in.

Same, and, same.

"Press X to avoid getting trampled under the hooves of the horse the petty rapist lord is riding" doesn't sound like a good time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

It's an adventure game so clearly you'd need to pixel-hunt and find the correct inconsequential random item at the start of the game that prevents you from being trampled to death, rather than a quicktime event.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

One of the three people you can play is philip wtf I have failure at home

Edit: it should have been a dating sim

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shima Honnou posted:

It's an adventure game so clearly you'd need to pixel-hunt and find the correct inconsequential random item at the start of the game that prevents you from being trampled to death, rather than a quicktime event.

don't be born poor has been added to your inventory

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Started Disco Elysium, socked a racist in the throat and spun kicked him in the face

Disco inferno, babes

Also by being considerate to a sandwich board, I recovered morale

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Show Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is getting a standalone expansion

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1579380/Shadow_Tactics_Blades_of_the_Shogun__Aikos_Choice/
Expected Late 2021. They're releasing it as standalone and that makes me wonder if they're going too use some of the stuff from the Desperados III engine.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

Started Disco Elysium, socked a racist in the throat and spun kicked him in the face

Disco inferno, babes

Also by being considerate to a sandwich board, I recovered morale

Those devs understand the intrinsic value of maintaining virtuous character.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

I started Disco Elysium last weekend. The setting and writing are great, but I'm getting turned off by the arbitrary nature of some of the mechanics. Twice now, I've gotten a game over that seemed like a complete non sequitur after choosing a dialogue option that had no warnings or indicators. I looked at a car, and somehow that made me sad enough that I was too depressed to stay a cop.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Shima Honnou posted:

No save system no sale.

Pretty much yeah.
I wasn't too enthused by the tier and unlock system, especially when the second tier vehicle repeatedly spawned, and exploded as a result, in the roof of the garage it stood.
It has some neat ideas but considering it hasn't been worked on since last year from what I can tell I don't really expect to see it updated with anything new.
And going through the loving oodles of scripts to make it run isn't worth the hassle either.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw_a7VgQyP8

holy poo poo I'm hootin and hollerin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"go home GI"

and