Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Endless Space Collection (Steam Key) free via Gamivo when you use code ENDLESS-GAMIVO and choose a merchant that's selling it lower than 45 cents (Under "OFFERS" when scrolling down below, should be 3 merchants). Make sure to disable "Customer Protection Program" either on the product page or in cart (orange checkbox with an orange shield). If it comes out free, there's no credit card/paypal required.
Edit: It seems the discount is limited to only being referred through Slickdeals.net, so use this link and click through to gamivo:
https://slickdeals.net/f/15005449-endless-space-collection-digital-delivery-steam-free-game-from-gamivo-0-01-ac

Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/208140/Endless_Space__Definitiv
(Pretty sure Collection is the Definitive Edition now)

Edit: Steps in case people are having issues
1.) Go to https://slickdeals.net/f/15005449-endless-space-collection-digital-delivery-steam-free-game-from-gamivo-0-01-ac and click the link to gamivo product page
2.) You should see the product page title as "Buy Endless Space - Collection Steam CD Key". Scroll down under OFFERS and choose a merchant that's below 45 cents (should be ILLUMICORPPRO, RetailKeysSeller, and GameSaloon)
3.) Click Buy Now and go to Cart
4.) Un-check the orange "Customer Protection Program" checkbox with the orange shield.
5.) On the bottom left, where the text box says "Do you have any discount code?", enter code ENDLESS-GAMIVO
6.) Price should show up as $0.00. Hit go to Checkout. You may need to create an account.
7.) At checkout, price should still show $0.00. Hit the Claim Now button. No credit card or paypal required.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Do you have another PCIe slot you can try the card in?

Yeah it has a 4x and a 16x, does the same thing in both slots. I thought it might be losing power maybe? That doesn't make a ton of sense to me because it has enough to get going, but I don't know enough to know for sure.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BeAuMaN posted:

Endless Space Collection (Steam Key) free via Gamivo when you use code ENDLESS-GAMIVO and choose a merchant that's selling it lower than 45 cents. Make sure to disable "Customer Protection Program" either on the product page or in cart (orange checkbox with an orange shield). If it comes out free, there's no credit card/paypal required.
https://www.gamivo.com/product/endless-space-collection

Source: https://slickdeals.net/f/15005449-endless-space-collection-digital-delivery-steam-free-game-from-gamivo-0-01-ac

Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/208140/Endless_Space__Definitiv
(Pretty sure Collection is the Definitive Edition now)

poo poo's not working. It keeps totaling me to over $3 due to taxes and fees.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

poo poo's not working. It keeps totaling me to over $3 due to taxes and fees.
Changed out the link to go to slickdeals because apparently coupon requires you to be referred through Slickdeals, but otherwise it shouldn't be $3

I'm looking on the website and you must have clicked one of the "Related Products", which is the Steam Gift version that's listed for $3 for some reason. You want the one that's titled "Endless Space - Collection Steam CD Key " as I linked above.

From here, scroll down to Offers. Use the merchants either illumicorppro, retailkeysseller, or GameSaloon since they have it less than 45 cents.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 6, 2021

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BeAuMaN posted:

Changed out the link to go to slickdeals because apparently coupon requires you to be referred through Slickdeals, but otherwise it shouldn't be $3

I'm looking on the website and you must have clicked one of the "Related Products", which is the Steam Gift version that's listed for $3 for some reason. You want the one that's titled "Endless Space - Collection Steam CD Key " as I linked above.

From here, scroll down to Offers. Use the merchants either illumicorppro, retailkeysseller, or GameSaloon since they have it less than 45 cents.

yeah, I don't know wtf but it keeps adding a couple bucks after the actual vendor, due apparently to taxes and/or fees?

ignore the double entry, one is zero'd out but I couldn't get it to blank right away.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

yeah, I don't know wtf but it keeps adding a couple bucks after the actual vendor, due apparently to taxes and/or fees?

ignore the double entry, one is zero'd out but I couldn't get it to blank right away.

I see what's happening. On product page, when you click BUY NOW, that will take you to cart.

Bottom left is where you enter the discount code ENDLESS-GAMIVO
(Make sure Customer Protection Program is disabled)

This should drop it to $0.00. NOW hit "Go to checkout" and you'll see the below picture with the "Claim Now" button.

You went to go to checkout first when there's a balance, it will do two things:
1.) It will select payment service
2.) It will sign you up for a bullshit monthly subscription service called "Gamivo Smart". That's where the $2 is coming from. Usually I have instructions to disable that by clicking the "Smart On" slider under payment method to cancel it, but since the checkout doesn't have a balance it shouldn't be triggering that so I didn't bother.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 6, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

What the Christ is that song?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BeAuMaN posted:

I see what's happening. On product page, when you click BUY NOW, that will take you to cart.

Bottom left is where you enter the discount code ENDLESS-GAMIVO
(Make sure Customer Protection Program is disabled)

This should drop it to $0.00. NOW hit "Go to checkout" and you'll see the below picture with the "Claim Now" button.

You went to go to checkout first when there's a balance, it will do two things:
1.) It will select payment service
2.) It will sign you up for a bullshit monthly subscription service called "Gamivo Smart". That's where the $2 is coming from. Usually I have instructions to disable that by clicking the "Smart On" slider under payment method to cancel it, but since the checkout doesn't have a balance it shouldn't be triggering that so I didn't bother.

Says I'm not eligible for that coupon when I try to enter it.

Don't worry about it. I've got zero invested in this, and I"m not going to sweat it in the slightest.

Thanks for doing this kind of legwork to bring deals to people.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Memento posted:

Yeah it has a 4x and a 16x, does the same thing in both slots. I thought it might be losing power maybe? That doesn't make a ton of sense to me because it has enough to get going, but I don't know enough to know for sure.

Try a slightly older BIOS revision?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

Says I'm not eligible for that coupon when I try to enter it.

Don't worry about it. I've got zero invested in this, and I"m not going to sweat it in the slightest.

Thanks for doing this kind of legwork to bring deals to people.
Yeah np. It's likely since I originally posted it as the link (rather than the slickdeals deal page) that's mucking things up. Sometime back Slickdeals and/or Gamivo requiring these codes to only work if the person was referred to via a partner, and referral code can often be messy when checking for things link that. I've updated the post so that people will be less likely to run into the issues that you did.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BeAuMaN posted:

Yeah np. It's likely since I originally posted it as the link (rather than the slickdeals deal page) that's mucking things up. Sometime back Slickdeals and/or Gamivo requiring these codes to only work if the person was referred to via a partner, and referral code can often be messy when checking for things link that. I've updated the post so that people will be less likely to run into the issues that you did.

Seriously, thanks for giving people these kinds of heads up. You've already saved me way more than from clicking random links you've tossed my way, so from a purely mercenary, selfish perspective I'm still giving a good hard read to anything you tip me to.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Memento posted:

Those symptoms sound an awful lot like not enough power to me. It's definitely possible for something to boot up, but then crap out after a few seconds as the components spin up and start to draw more. Does the PSU have dedicated separate leads for the GPU?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nipponophile posted:

Those symptoms sound an awful lot like not enough power to me. It's definitely possible for something to boot up, but then crap out after a few seconds as the components spin up and start to draw more. Does the PSU have dedicated separate leads for the GPU?

Yeah it has two GPU leads. They both have two 8-pin connectors on the end of them, but I used both leads instead of doubling up with the one lead, I assumed it would get better(?) power that way.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Playing Battletech and I just played the mission in which you get a lance of Star League era mechs, including an Atlas II. Gauss rifles are utterly, hilariously broken and watching an Atlas II smash the limbs off a hostile Commando that got too close is good for the soul.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Memento posted:

Yeah it has two GPU leads. They both have two 8-pin connectors on the end of them, but I used both leads instead of doubling up with the one lead, I assumed it would get better(?) power that way.

Yeah, that's the correct way to connect the power to the GPU. It also sounds like the PSU is somehow not delivering enough power to everything. How old is the be quiet?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's a be quiet pure 10 600w 80+ Silver, so like mid 2017?

I had another thought about it today after I had finished a meeting. What hadn't I tried? A different monitor? Well, I got a sore back from working on this thing on the loungeroom floor yesterday, so I took it into my office to work on my bench there. I plugged it into one of my desktop monitors. Checked onboard graphics, fine. Plugged in the GPU. Plugged it into my monitor, booted up normally no problems. Opened steam, seemed fine. Opened a game to play (Whisker Squadron demo, that ran like a slideshow using onboard graphics), loaded up fine, getting decent frame rates, watching the GPU carefully, as soon as it got a little warm and tried to power on the fans, the whole system died. So it's the power to the card, for sure. I can't imagine why a 600w psu can't run a 6-year-old graphics card, but here we are. I guess trying to make it run a 65" TV was making it heat up a lot faster and getting the fans to kick in that much quicker?

I might try it again in my desktop to make sure the card was actually OK, whether I spent enough time with it to get the fans to kick on, and if it's fine there on an extended test, it's definitely the PSU. I got it for free from a friend who I helped install his new 3080 (which is where I got the 1080 in my desktop, traded for a case of beer), so it owes me nothing. But it was also the PSU that ran the 1080ti. Who knows.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Fearless posted:

Playing Battletech and I just played the mission in which you get a lance of Star League era mechs, including an Atlas II. Gauss rifles are utterly, hilariously broken and watching an Atlas II smash the limbs off a hostile Commando that got too close is good for the soul.

Such a goddamned good game.

The campaign is solidly fun, but wait until you do a career mode run later.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Memento posted:

It's a be quiet pure 10 600w 80+ Silver, so like mid 2017?

I had another thought about it today after I had finished a meeting. What hadn't I tried? A different monitor? Well, I got a sore back from working on this thing on the loungeroom floor yesterday, so I took it into my office to work on my bench there. I plugged it into one of my desktop monitors. Checked onboard graphics, fine. Plugged in the GPU. Plugged it into my monitor, booted up normally no problems. Opened steam, seemed fine. Opened a game to play (Whisker Squadron demo, that ran like a slideshow using onboard graphics), loaded up fine, getting decent frame rates, watching the GPU carefully, as soon as it got a little warm and tried to power on the fans, the whole system died. So it's the power to the card, for sure. I can't imagine why a 600w psu can't run a 6-year-old graphics card, but here we are. I guess trying to make it run a 65" TV was making it heat up a lot faster and getting the fans to kick in that much quicker?

I might try it again in my desktop to make sure the card was actually OK, whether I spent enough time with it to get the fans to kick on, and if it's fine there on an extended test, it's definitely the PSU. I got it for free from a friend who I helped install his new 3080 (which is where I got the 1080 in my desktop, traded for a case of beer), so it owes me nothing. But it was also the PSU that ran the 1080ti. Who knows.

I think PSUs can get a little funny with power delivery as they near their lifetime. As this particular model has a 3-year manufacturer warranty, it's definitely time to replace it. Maybe powering the 1080 Ti for however many years also degraded its performance over time.

I recommend this Corsair RM 650W. It has a 10-year warranty and will probably be able to support an RTX 3080 if you're lucky enough to upgrade.

edit: wtf, coulda sworn I put the Australian link to the PSU

HappyCapybaraFamily fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 6, 2021

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

750W+ is a safer bet for a 3080/6800XT especially since with the limited supply the manufacturers are prioritizing the higher end (and profit margin) models with 3 8-pin connectors and 400W+ power draw. That load can be fairly bursty, too, which can swamp PSUs even with a good amount of headroom on paper.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Fearless posted:

Back when I played all of storyline, I never could get good results out of the Gauss. Mostly thr drat thing missed, even with full 10s-across-the-board pilots, TTCs, whatever. I just kept going back to various improved AC20s and deleting entire arms/legs/heads at a time.

Playing RogueTech now, and Gauss is one *hell* of a lot more fun. Blap on a light at extreme range, leg blown off, mech falls, and takes an engine crit that kills it. And with a Breaching FCS, you're only firing one thing at that range, so gently caress yo' Guarded and Cover.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

darnon posted:

750W+ is a safer bet for a 3080/6800XT especially since with the limited supply the manufacturers are prioritizing the higher end (and profit margin) models with 3 8-pin connectors and 400W+ power draw. That load can be fairly bursty, too, which can swamp PSUs even with a good amount of headroom on paper.

True, and the price increase isn't too bad. I've been running a Ryzen 7 3700X and RTX 3080 FE on a 650W 80+ Gold SFX PSU with no issues (outside of an overly aggressive undervolt during testing), but my mITX build is pretty low-power otherwise. More headroom would be the safer bet if you add more than one SSD and any number of HDDs in the mix.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Ygolonac posted:

Back when I played all of storyline, I never could get good results out of the Gauss. Mostly thr drat thing missed, even with full 10s-across-the-board pilots, TTCs, whatever. I just kept going back to various improved AC20s and deleting entire arms/legs/heads at a time.

Playing RogueTech now, and Gauss is one *hell* of a lot more fun. Blap on a light at extreme range, leg blown off, mech falls, and takes an engine crit that kills it. And with a Breaching FCS, you're only firing one thing at that range, so gently caress yo' Guarded and Cover.

I really didn't like the writing of the story in the campaign, it just seemed to be the same "this is a bad idea, might be an ambush" setup followed by "oh no it's an ambush what do we do" over and over again. It might be fun if there were choices to be made, but barring like one or two missions the best strategy is just to bring the biggest stuff you have. Also, I get that the universe is called "BATTLETECH" but I thought it was kind of a bummer that there's just going to be wars, forever, about whatever. Every positive thing that happens is immediately undercut. You destroyed the enemy base? Trusted ally gets captured and tortured. You find a armory full of weapons and equipment to help your cause? That's blown the gently caress up literally minutes after you find it. I guess maybe having a compelling story was never one of the game's selling points, but there were literally no surprises in the plot. You only ever get four mechs, regardless of the setup of the mission, and you'll always have at least two lances sent against you.

That said, I really enjoyed my Jaegermech with 4x AC10's deleting mechs from distance. The early game kind of sucks because your weapons suck, your mechs suck, and it feels like you can barely hurt anything, but once your pilots can do targeted shots and use other abilities the game gets a lot more fun. It was fun to see a cool mech I didn't have and blow a hole through the cockpit and take it home (I WAS AIMING FOR HIS HEAD HOW THE gently caress DID YOU KNOCK HIS LEG OFF?)

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

This week Epic Games Store is giving away:
Pine; Open World Adventure Game
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/pine

This runs from 5/6/2021 through 5/13/2021 8AM PT.

Next week Epic Games Store is giving away:
The Lion's Song; early-20th-century-Austria pixelated "narrative adventure game" (yo I think we call those Visual Novels) following various fictional young artists/scientists w/ branching choices or something. 4 episodes.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-lions-song

This will run from 5/13/2021 through 5/20/2021 8AM PT.

Additionally, This stuff is still free on PS4:

BeAuMaN posted:

And apparently there will be nine free games on PS4 3/25 - 4/22, and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be free 4/19 - 5/14. No Playstation Plus membership or anything like that required.
https://slickdeals.net/f/14902027-s...tness-more-free
They should all show up here during their respective dates on the Play at Home landing page: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/83ccec1a-8c8e-4ef7-bb02-ba0fdf042e6c/1
Landing page: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/83ccec1a-8c8e-4ef7-bb02-ba0fdf042e6c/1

Additionally, not going to put any effort into updating this every week, but I'm going to keep a blurb here to remind everyone that if you have Amazon Prime that Amazon Gaming exists (Or Prime Gaming now? It's been renamed so many times):
https://gaming.amazon.com/home
TL;DR: Probably should check every 2 - 3 weeks if it has things you care about.

The freebies up top are in-game stuff like skins, boosters, items for various games like LoL, GTA Online, RDR Online, World of Tanks/Warships, Warframe, etc. Also a lot of crap for mobile games which I wish I could filter out. Usually it's released in staggered schedule so something comes out every week but I think most stuff releases items 1/mo and I -think- that's usually what the expiration is before you can claim for that period, though some of it may have a different schedule. For most in-game stuff you'll have to link the specific game account to your Prime Account.

At the bottom are the free games. At the end of every month usually 4-5 games will be released together. Additionally, they'll do staggered releases of individual games; about every week-ish. Sometimes sooner than that though. I want to say that the claim period for all games is about a month.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Ygolonac posted:

I have an Awesome that has three PPCs. Multi target and breaching shot synergize really, really well in this instance, because you get three breaching PPC shots on three different targets.

what else can I say?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3ofS6riDU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

I think PSUs can get a little funny with power delivery as they near their lifetime. As this particular model has a 3-year manufacturer warranty, it's definitely time to replace it. Maybe powering the 1080 Ti for however many years also degraded its performance over time.

I recommend this Corsair RM 650W. It has a 10-year warranty and will probably be able to support an RTX 3080 if you're lucky enough to upgrade.

It just rebooted while my daughter was playing Fez, a really simple 2d game, so yeah, it's definitely the PSU. Got a new one on order.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

ArmA firefights are always so underserved with the wimpy small arms audio that make it sound like a paintball match.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

The weak sounds is one reason I've never liked using the vanilla equipment for Arma 3 and always lean towards mod weapons that for the most part sound a lot meatier.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

So pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost

Pillbug

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

This is why I never recycle power supplies between builds. Id rather spend a hundred bucks than deal with old PSU fuckery.

Though I did also have a PSU go and brick every part it was attached to like six years ago so Im also a little paranoid.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

This is why I never recycle power supplies between builds. I’d rather spend a hundred bucks than deal with old PSU fuckery.

Though I did also have a PSU go and brick every part it was attached to like six years ago so I’m also a little paranoid.

That's not paranoid, it's smart. Power supplies don't last forever and are one of the parts that are capable of burning out every other component when they fail.

Also they aren't expensive.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

The Dream Machine Chapters 1 & 2 are free on Steam until 5/17/2021 @ 10am (PST?)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/94300/The_Dream_Machine_Chapter_1__2/
It's a weird claymation + cardboard point and click adventure game.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Don't sleep on Empire of Sin, especially if you've got XBGP.

It's a pretty solid little XCOM-like as far as the tactical combat aspect goes, and the criminal empire building strategy meta-game is pretty solid. The semi-story-like quests in it are also decent and add a nice little something extra on top of the loop of taking over the competition. From a TFR aspect it's also just dripping with 20s era guns. Right now my heavy hitter is rolling with a Remington Model 8 which just kind of delights me. I also got a chuckle at the flavor text on the Chauchaut that noted how it got a bad rep for reliability in the mud of the trenches but since there's not as much mud in Chicago it's doing fine there.

There's a learning curve up front and not all of the mechanics are explained as well as they should be, but it's not insurmountable. It took me maybe two days to break the normal difficulty over my knee and now I"m having a fun, challenging time on the medium-hard.

I'm noticing a lot of bad reviews, which is why I'm mentioning it here. No idea why it's getting dragged as bad as it is. Buggy launch maybe? It's been out for a little while. Either way stability hasn't been a problem for me at all and the balance feels about right.

Don't get me wrong. This isn't GOTY: FOREVER territory. But it's a solid little fun game. It's also on XBGP so if you've got that it's a no brainer to try it out. It's $40 on Steam full price, so I"m assuming if you wishlist it you'll spot it at $20 eventually. It's worth that at least.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Other games that are fun right now:

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail. From the guys who did Ultimate General: Civil War, they're using that engine for naval combat. It's a hoot. There's also some land combat so that's a fun little way to mix things up. I've been having a ton of fun with it. Taking a break right now after beating the British campaign before I fire up the American campaign. Oh, and they cover different time periods - it's not like Civil War where you're just doing the same battles (mostly) from different sides. The British one focuses on the Napoleonic Wars while the American one focuses on the Revolution. There's also a Barbary Coast campaign as the Americans that I havent 'looked at yet.

Project Zomboid: Base game is OK, especially for the early access $15 they're charging. loving brutal zombie rogue-like survival game. One of those things where the learning curve is half the fun because you're just dying and repeating to figure out how to not die as quick next time. Huge modding scene too, all sorts of fun poo poo going on in there. One of those ones where I'd say watch a youtuber do it a bit just to see if you're digging on it, because it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. Still, if it clicks there's nothing out there like it.

The Saboteur: Yeah, that weird "everything's in black and white and then color" game from 2010 or so. Basically Grand Theft Peugeot set in Nazi-occupied Paris. It's very, very much an Indiana Jones version of Nazis where they're essentially comic book villains that your swashbuckling hero can punch, stab, shoot, and blow up. They also lean loving HARD into the 1930s Parisian cabaret aesthetic and basically everyone you meet is a turtleneck wearing, chain smoking, sardonically witty parisian stereotype that might as well be beating Nazis over the head with a baguette. Every German is comically evil. Think Return to Castle Wolfenstein (the 2001 reboot) Nazis. There's also a fair bit of wall scaling in a way that makes me feel like someone looked at the OG Assassins Creed, then GTA Vice City, then Wolfenstein, then smoked a bowl and listened to way too much Edith Piaf. Oh and the main character is this Irish guy who gets the same insane stereotype treatment in a way that would make Garth Ennis blush and say they took it a bit too far.

Either way, it's goofy fun and it's on XBGP via EA. The version that EA serves is broken if you have more than 4 cores, but there's a fan patch out there that fixes it right up. You also need to edit a config file to unlock normal resolutions, but once you jump through those typical 10+ year old game hoops it works fine. It's weird, and not a classic, but it's also not a waste of time and I'm pretty sure it will run on a toaster.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Thanks for reminding me that The Saboteur exists. I bought it from Amazon for $5 some years ago, played a little bit, then promptly forgot about it. It's a fun enough game and merits a revisit.

e: Welp, nevermind. I can't get it to run on this PC.

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 11, 2021

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Thanks for reminding me that The Saboteur exists. I bought it from Amazon for $5 some years ago, played a little bit, then promptly forgot about it. It's a fun enough game and merits a revisit.

If it's the problem where it won't launch there's a fix out there. I found it pretty quickly via googling. I can just shoot you the file if you PM me an email.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Saboteur#Fixing_crash_on_CPUs_with_more_than_four_physical_cores_.28GOG.com.29

With this it works perfectly. GOG release has all the fixes already.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 11, 2021

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

I've already tried the patch you guys found with no luck. The version of the game I have is a direct download from Amazon that pre-dates Origin, so I'm sure there's probably something fucky going on with versioning.

e: Ah ha, I think I got it. I was able to add the code from my Amazon download into Origin and add it to my library there. Now I can get their version and use the patch.

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 11, 2021

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

The Sabetour was great, and I'm pretty sure I still have a physical copy knocking around here somewhere. I should fire that back up when I'm caught up.

I'm a decent way through Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus escaping from New Orleans and really enjoying it. I got this game new, but only just got around to it.

It's pretty heavy at points, and more than a little ridiculous, but mercing Nazis and Klansmen hasn't gotten old yet.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Hayden posted:

The Sabetour was great, and I'm pretty sure I still have a physical copy knocking around here somewhere. I should fire that back up when I'm caught up.

I'm a decent way through Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus escaping from New Orleans and really enjoying it. I got this game new, but only just got around to it.

It's pretty heavy at points, and more than a little ridiculous, but mercing Nazis and Klansmen hasn't gotten old yet.

Somehow the Klansmen manage to be even more satisfying than the Nazis. I mean, they're not just Klansmen, they're Quisling traitor Klansmen.

Plus games are few and loving far between that let you kill Klansmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

So pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost

Pillbug

I wanted to like it but the level design in the New York level was badly done and super confusing and completely derailed me.