Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gewehr 43
Aug 25, 2003

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Partisans 1941 has dropped a fairly cheap dlc. There are more missions as well as a cool new sandbox mode that allows you to freely select characters and weapons and things like that. They have also added the ability to add difficulty modifiers to change the way every mission plays. It's worth the 10 bucks in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Oooooh. I could do with some more Nazi-stabbing action.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

I liked Wolfenstein more than Doom. I love new Doom's aesthetic, and I love the mechanics, but I just hate how all the combat is 'here is a fighting arena, and HERE is a fighting arena'. It really made me miss old Doom to the point where I went looking for and bought a few retro shooters that gave me what I was looking for.

I don't want quite Serious Sam levels of combat all the time, and I like nicely structured missions just fine. But I hate having all the combat condensed to designated areas, usually multi-story arenas blah blah.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I liked Wolfenstein more than Doom. I love new Doom's aesthetic, and I love the mechanics, but I just hate how all the combat is 'here is a fighting arena, and HERE is a fighting arena'. It really made me miss old Doom to the point where I went looking for and bought a few retro shooters that gave me what I was looking for.

I don't want quite Serious Sam levels of combat all the time, and I like nicely structured missions just fine. But I hate having all the combat condensed to designated areas, usually multi-story arenas blah blah.

My hierarchy goes:

Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood
Doom 2016
Wolfenstein II
Doom Eternal

Doom eternal was good, but something about the action and the way they tweaked the graphics just didn't click with me the way 2016 did. And, as lovely as literal demons from hell are . . .

quote:

Gewehr 43
Aug 25, 2003

Somebody Awful posted:

It is never not a good time to stab Nazis.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Excellent new thread tag

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Yes. I hate having to bunny hop all the time and play it like Quake.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

Don't sleep on Empire of Sin, especially if you've got XBGP.

I like it. I miss some of the early jankiness though. I attacked one of the rando thug's warehouses, and all of their guys said "Assholes." enthusiastically. 8 in a row. But they've added a lot of situational awareness improvements and removed a lot of the really exploitable mechanics, so you feel more like you are playing it, and not so much breaking it over your knee.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

I'd just like to note here that I have relapsed again and am now taking a week off of working anywhere so I can play Fallout 4 in 14 hour+ binge sessions. This has been going on for days now and will last until around Monday.

Survival mode, no mods.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mass Effect Legendary rolls out tomorrow. I have not warned them of the impending binge sessions. I'll just let them find out naturally.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

Cyrano4747 posted:

My hierarchy goes:

Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood
Doom 2016
Wolfenstein II
Doom Eternal

Doom eternal was good, but something about the action and the way they tweaked the graphics just didn't click with me the way 2016 did. And, as lovely as literal demons from hell are . . .

I would say swap Wolf II and New Order / Old Blood for me.
I really enjoyed Doom 2016 and New Order when they were new, and I had gotten both Wolf II and Doom Eternal as gifts but hadn't played either because, ya know, life and young kids. Finally got around to them, burned through the first level of Doom Eternal and just felt meh. So I grabbed Old Blood for like $5 on the Xbox store, burned through that, and now I'm cruising along II.

I definitely get the criticism of the map design, it's just open enough to get lost in while being linear enough to not be super interesting on re-plays or exploring on UberKommander missions, but I like they tweaks they've made to the skill trees and the weapon upgrade systems.

For the ~45 minutes of gaming I get two or three nights a week, it's scratching all my itches.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

I really wanted to like Wolf2 but it ran so poorly that I had to give up. And that was after having to troubleshoot it just to get it to not crash on launch, it wasn't worth the trouble to play that lovely New York level at 20 FPS.

5er posted:

Mass Effect Legendary rolls out tomorrow. I have not warned them of the impending binge sessions. I'll just let them find out naturally.

Oh poo poo. Does it come with Mass Effect 3 or is there some other reason they want me to buy both Legendary and ME3 in a bundle?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Shima Honnou posted:

I really wanted to like Wolf2 but it ran so poorly that I had to give up. And that was after having to troubleshoot it just to get it to not crash on launch, it wasn't worth the trouble to play that lovely New York level at 20 FPS.

Oh poo poo. Does it come with Mass Effect 3 or is there some other reason they want me to buy both Legendary and ME3 in a bundle?

It's 1 thru 3 with all the DLC content packed in. No co-op multiplayer though >:/

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Well I know what I'm doing tomorrow

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

So pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost

Pillbug

5er posted:

I thought it got a last second delay to Saturday for some reason. Steam is saying the 15th.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Must have been super last minute, when I bought it a bit ago it was saying unlock in about 25 hours

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I thought it got a last second delay to Saturday for some reason. Steam is saying the 15th.

I got 8.5 hours to go on my PS5's countdown.

lol pc master race

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

5er posted:

I got 8.5 hours to go on my PS5's countdown.

lol pc master race

Easy now, if it weren't for us all your patches would be totally untested.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Shima Honnou posted:

Easy now, if it weren't for us all your patches would be totally untested.

If ME played better on PC I'd be waiting until Saturday

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

5er posted:

It's 1 thru 3 with all the DLC content packed in. No co-op multiplayer though >:/

This is so fuckin lame

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

This week Epic Games Store is giving away:
The Lion's Song; early-20th-century-Austria pixelated "narrative adventure game" (yo I think we call those Visual Novels) following various fictional young artists/scientists w/ branching choices or something. 4 episodes.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-lions-song

This will run from 5/13/2021 through 5/20/2021 8AM PT.

Next Week Epic Games Store is giving away:
A mystery game. No, not that kind of mystery game, just straight up not telling anyone anything. Meh.

Whenever is revealed will run from 5/20/2021 through 5/27/2021 8AM PT (probably).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (GOG Code) is free on Gamivo. Have to do the slickdeals-referral-deny-the-gamivo-add-on-insurance-crap-dance like last time so for some this might be .
Steps:
1.) Go to https://slickdeals.net/f/15019612-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-call-of-pripyat-gog-digital-delivery-0-01-ac and click the link to gamivo product page (otherwise the code won't work).
2.) You should see the product page title as "Buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat GOG CD Key ". Scroll down under OFFERS and choose a merchant that's at 58 cents (should be _ePlay)
3.) Click Buy Now and go to Cart
4.) Un-check the orange "Customer Protection Program" checkbox with the orange shield.
5.) On the bottom left, where the text box says "Do you have any discount code?", enter code STALKERPRIPYAT-GAMIVO
6.) Price should show up as $0.00. Hit go to Checkout. You may need to create an account.
7.) At checkout, price should still show $0.00. Hit the Claim Now button. No credit card or paypal required.

If the 58 cent one runs out, the 59 cent one will be there and you can get it for a penny, but you have to also deny the crappy subscription service called "Gamivo Smart" before paying via paypal.

Also going to double post once to have a separate post talking about the Amazon Gaming thing so I can just link to it so as to keep my weekly posts shorter, since I don't want to cramp game chat with a static reminder on my weekly post which may be getting a bit long.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 13, 2021

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Ireland DLC for Assassins Creed Valhalla is out today, and it sounds... kinda cool?

https://www.thegamer.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-wrath-of-the-druids-review/

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Not going to put any effort into updating this every week, but I'm going to keep a blurb here to remind everyone that if you have Amazon Prime that Amazon Gaming exists (Or Prime Gaming now? It's been renamed so many times):
https://gaming.amazon.com/home
TL;DR: Probably should check every 2 - 3 weeks if it has things you care about.

The freebies up top are in-game stuff like skins, boosters, items for various games like LoL, GTA Online, RDR Online, World of Tanks/Warships, Warframe, etc. Also a lot of crap for mobile games which I wish I could filter out. Usually it's released in staggered schedule so something comes out every week but I think most stuff releases items 1/mo and I -think- that's usually what the expiration is before you can claim for that period, though some of it may have a different schedule. For most in-game stuff you'll have to link the specific game account to your Prime Account.

At the bottom are the free games. At the end of every month usually 4-5 games will be released together. Additionally, they'll do staggered releases of individual games; about every week-ish. Sometimes sooner than that though. I want to say that the claim period for all games is about a month.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BeAuMaN posted:

Not going to put any effort into updating this every week, but I'm going to keep a blurb here to remind everyone that if you have Amazon Prime that Amazon Gaming exists (Or Prime Gaming now? It's been renamed so many times):
https://gaming.amazon.com/home
TL;DR: Probably should check every 2 - 3 weeks if it has things you care about.

The freebies up top are in-game stuff like skins, boosters, items for various games like LoL, GTA Online, RDR Online, World of Tanks/Warships, Warframe, etc. Also a lot of crap for mobile games which I wish I could filter out. Usually it's released in staggered schedule so something comes out every week but I think most stuff releases items 1/mo and I -think- that's usually what the expiration is before you can claim for that period, though some of it may have a different schedule. For most in-game stuff you'll have to link the specific game account to your Prime Account.

At the bottom are the free games. At the end of every month usually 4-5 games will be released together. Additionally, they'll do staggered releases of individual games; about every week-ish. Sometimes sooner than that though. I want to say that the claim period for all games is about a month.

Something I just realized: if you do this on mobile it splits into two side scrolling bars and games is right on the bottom. Way easier to just go right to those if you dgaf about the in game premium bullshit.

First time ever Iíve had mobile browsing be a boon buy hey here we are.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Capn Beeb posted:

The Ireland DLC for Assassins Creed Valhalla is out today, and it sounds... kinda cool?

https://www.thegamer.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-wrath-of-the-druids-review/

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

So pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost

Pillbug

Oh hey the Steam listing for Mass Effect Legendary Edition is back to tomorrow. Some switch flipper must have bumped something when they were getting the preload ready.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

This is so fuckin lame

I know! If you grump about it anywhere else online, douchebags that love just being contrarian fucks will tell you 'just play the original game, heh.' Oh well.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Oh hey the Steam listing for Mass Effect Legendary Edition is back to tomorrow. Some switch flipper must have bumped something when they were getting the preload ready.

Good!

Oh and Shima, for the record, I was hoping my 'pc master race' thing was dripping with sufficient sarcasm, because personally I passionately loathe the 'console war' bullshit. Some people get so uptight and tribal over their luxury electronic purchases.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

16 hours to go until rear end Effect: Shep Harder let's do this

5er posted:

Oh and Shima, for the record, I was hoping my 'pc master race' thing was dripping with sufficient sarcasm, because personally I passionately loathe the 'console war' bullshit. Some people get so uptight and tribal over their luxury electronic purchases.

There's space for all of us here. Everyone except for those dastardly Dreamcasters...

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

5er posted:

I know! If you grump about it anywhere else online, douchebags that love just being contrarian fucks will tell you 'just play the original game, heh.' Oh well.

Which I wouldn't mind if my backlog wasn't already so full, but the co-op was honestly the best part of ME3

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Micromancer posted:

I'd just like to note here that I have relapsed again and am now taking a week off of working anywhere so I can play Fallout 4 in 14 hour+ binge sessions. This has been going on for days now and will last until around Monday.

Survival mode, no mods.

Streaming? Building settlements still?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

Something I just realized: if you do this on mobile it splits into two side scrolling bars and games is right on the bottom. Way easier to just go right to those if you dgaf about the in game premium bullshit.

First time ever Iíve had mobile browsing be a boon buy hey here we are.
Amazing, never tried it on mobile. Yeah, most mobile website designs suck but that's actually useful.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

There's space for all of us here. Everyone except for those dastardly Dreamcasters...

The gently caress did you just say???

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BeAuMaN posted:

Amazing, never tried it on mobile. Yeah, most mobile website designs suck but that's actually useful.

Yeah, tha'ts why I had to mention it. It's literally the first time ever I've gone "oh poo poo, people should only bother with the mobile version of this website."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shima Honnou posted:

man what the gently caress

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

Shima Honnou posted:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I watched the timer for Mass Effect get to 0 and change to 'Play Game'. Went to play it and it popped with a 'not unlocked yet' message, and the timer crawled back up to 59 minutes. LOL guess the cosmos is telling me to go to bed and play in the morning.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Memento posted:

man what the gently caress

Next he's going to say that he eats Ribeye well done with ketchup.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Come on, I'm not a monster. I use cocktail sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

Come on, I'm not a monster. I use cocktail sauce.