Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«84 »
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

Lotion Tester posted:

*Cleans Schofield, cocked, finger on trigger*

Look, firearms safety was just not as evolved back then. Safe firearms handling was "If I shot you by accident but you ain't dead then we're being safe, pardner"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Smiling Jack posted:

I just found out homeworld remastered exists so thats cool

You know they did a great job with the remaster when you fire it up and say "nah, this is pretty much what Homeworld always looked like." Love that game: the premise, the music, the audio barks, all of it.

I swear it's an unexplored branch of the genre, the rouge-like rts, where your army fleet is a persistent, enduring thing you take with you across the campaign.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Played through Homeworld Remastered last weekend. Thoughts: salvage Corvettes are still amazing, and the "pause" button is the pause/break key.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

God I remember breaking that game over my knee so hard with liberal abuse of salvage corvettes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Game: Unit Limits Exist!
Me: *Laughs in salvage corvette*

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Me: *Laughs in salvage corvette*

Especially that one mission (third to last?) where there's something like 75 ion cannon frigates available to steal, as well as a handful of destroyers, a carrier, and a heavy cruiser.

Yes, I'll be having all of those.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

I got RDR2 turned down to like Oblivion/Two Worlds 1 level graphics but I got it going and I got it near 60. Gives me something to look forward to when I can really upgrade system in a while.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I just looked and they released Hellgate: London on Steam. I got it at launch years ago and kinda enjoyed my two playthroughs with two characters but stopped playing. Wasn't that game dead, then kinda resurrected then dead again?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Guillermus posted:

I just looked and they released Hellgate: London on Steam. I got it at launch years ago and kinda enjoyed my two playthroughs with two characters but stopped playing. Wasn't that game dead, then kinda resurrected then dead again?

I heard it's a singleplayer conversion or something.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

I'm not looking for your validation through this telescope, just planets boobies bullets

College Slice

Action-Bastard posted:

I forgot to respond to this yesterday, but here's one goons paint job to emulate the M1A from the Rainbow Six cover:

That would be mine. I'm still trying to find a sling to match it since the OD green one it came with would look ugly as hell on there. I'm thinking white or grey but plain black would probably also work. I'd make my own but 1.25" webbing is surprisingly hard to come across locally.

And it's Rogue Spear, specifically.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

I heard it's a singleplayer conversion or something.

My inner steam hoarder tells me to get it but in reality I don't think I'll ever do a full playthrough again.

Coxswain Balls posted:

That would be mine. I'm still trying to find a sling to match it since the OD green one it came with would look ugly as hell on there. I'm thinking white or grey but plain black would probably also work. I'd make my own but 1.25" webbing is surprisingly hard to come across locally.

And it's Rogue Spear, specifically.

A thing of beauty. Rogue Spear and SWAT 3 in 1999 with a 64k ISDN were my most played games online, while Unreal Tournament was my LAN game of choice. These two games letting you choose between FMJ and hollow point ammo back then was mindblowing. Both amazing co-op games and SWAT 3 after a few patches introduced more weapons and an hilarious free for all mode that ended in a house filled with smoke and people just spraying down.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb0-I8FkUWU

Holy poo poo this is cool

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

CainFortea posted:

Me: "Wololooo!"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Thatís pretty neat!

I wish I played my switch more it feels kind of neglected.

I got back into Dead Cells on PC, there is a bunch of new stuff in it since my last play and it owns.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

priznat posted:

Thatís pretty neat!

I wish I played my switch more it feels kind of neglected.

I got back into Dead Cells on PC, there is a bunch of new stuff in it since my last play and it owns.

I never got one because I kinda feel like that would happen. It looks cool but there's no first party nintendo games I care that much about and while I"ve got a solid commute on the subway, I'm pretty happy just using that time to read forums.

I get plenty of gaming time as it is on my PC.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

There's some very fun and solid games on Switch.

Just not enough.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

And the games that are fun I've already got on the PC. Like yeah sure Hollow Knight on the go would be rad but... ya know. PC.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah the switch has all the excellent indie games but same, PC. Add into that the nintendo games are so drat pricey and rarely go on sale.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The one really compelling argument I can see for the switch is mobile gaming. If you travel a lot, have a hell commute where you're not driving, work a graveyard shift babysitting a desk, etc. it's way more capable than a phone or tablet (or gameboy) and way more handy than a laptop. If I had a job where I was flying a poo poo ton it would be a no brainer. I've also got a cousin with a young kid who swears by it because he can fiddle around with a pause-able game while bouncing the baby on his knee to get it to calm down or the kid's sleeping on him and he doesn't want to wake it up etc.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

priznat posted:

Yeah the switch has all the excellent indie games but same, PC. Add into that the nintendo games are so drat pricey and rarely go on sale.

My Switch is just an indie game console lately. Though I got the Dark Souls remaster which is fun to play in short spans.

Stardew Valley, and another indie game called Tiny Metal (just a spiritual successor to Advanced Wars) are my main time wasters on it.

I'll probably get Disgaea when it's on sale because gently caress Square for never making another Final Fantasy Tactics game.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah if I had a public transit commute for sure itíd be great. Witcher 3 mobile? Hell yes.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Honestly if the switch had a way to synch saves between it and other platforms it would be a lot more attractive to me. Like, if I could play Witcher 3 on my PC using steam then fire up the switch version to pick up my save.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Cross compatibility is the dream but apparently software update approvals for consoles is a pain in the rear end, and so they tend to do updates slower. That would probably mess with saves too.,

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I bought my Switch when I was at my old job and travelling more, and it was great. Now that my commute to work is a ten minute walk, and my work trips are a limited to a 1-2 hour drive once or twice a year, it hardly gets used.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I have mine set up on a 2nd input on my main computer monitor with the dock and I play on that when I wanna play a switch game. Or take it to work for lunch sometimes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Action-Bastard posted:

My Switch is just an indie game console lately. Though I got the Dark Souls remaster which is fun to play in short spans.

Stardew Valley, and another indie game called Tiny Metal (just a spiritual successor to Advanced Wars) are my main time wasters on it.

I'll probably get Disgaea when it's on sale because gently caress Square for never making another Final Fantasy Tactics game.

I couldnít get down with the controls, but maybe it was just me?

I would have loved that game when I was younger, but itís too dreary for me now.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I couldn’t get down with the controls, but maybe it was just me?

I would have loved that game when I was younger, but it’s too dreary for me now.

Controls on the switch in general are not the best. At least Stardew is a slow chill game so less than optimal controls dont change much. And the other games I mentioned are turn-based so

Points where points due I did beat Dark Souls on it without much hardship.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I do find that playing on the switch itself is a bit of an eyestrain situation but I'm an old.

Playing on a 10.5" ipad is my fav mobile gaming option currently, update stardew you bastards!!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Action-Bastard posted:

Controls on the switch in general are not the best. At least Stardew is a slow chill game so less than optimal controls dont change much. And the other games I mentioned are turn-based so

Points where points due I did beat Dark Souls on it without much hardship.

I have a Pro Controller, but all my attempts were just on the little Switch screen. I also got, then sold, Skyrim. It needed a big screen.

Don't get me wrong though, I loving love my Switch. I can only imagine how great it would be if you had multiple children.

I still need to finish the new Mario side scroller I haven't touched in a while.

My Switch was gifted to me back when I was really ill/untreated and it literally improved my life. Being stuck in hospitals can legit start to drive you nuts. I owe Achievement Hunter credit too. Their long running, hour long series were mana from Heaven. Even though I watch a lot less of that stuff now, I still try to watch them doing Seven Days, Hitman, Minecraft, and anything funny like My Summer Car.

Funhaus started to get really self loathing and sometimes over edited. I still love them, but I felt like their self hatred was contagious.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Finally got RDR2 yesterday. I was very happy to learn that you can bypass Rockstar's forced VRAM limitations by adjusting the settings in NVIDIA GeForce Experience; my computer is able to do 30-40 FPS easily at high texture settings, but the game will simply refuse to let me go above low otherwise and everything looks like smeared rear end.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Finally got RDR2 yesterday. I was very happy to learn that you can bypass Rockstar's forced VRAM limitations by adjusting the settings in NVIDIA GeForce Experience; my computer is able to do 30-40 FPS easily at high texture settings, but the game will simply refuse to let me go above low otherwise and everything looks like smeared rear end.

What card, and what settings did you tweak?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Captain Log posted:

I have a Pro Controller, but all my attempts were just on the little Switch screen. I also got, then sold, Skyrim. It needed a big screen.

Don't get me wrong though, I loving love my Switch. I can only imagine how great it would be if you had multiple children.

I still need to finish the new Mario side scroller I haven't touched in a while.

My Switch was gifted to me back when I was really ill/untreated and it literally improved my life. Being stuck in hospitals can legit start to drive you nuts. I owe Achievement Hunter credit too. Their long running, hour long series were mana from Heaven. Even though I watch a lot less of that stuff now, I still try to watch them doing Seven Days, Hitman, Minecraft, and anything funny like My Summer Car.

Funhaus started to get really self loathing and sometimes over edited. I still love them, but I felt like their self hatred was contagious.

Iím glad people enjoy My Summer Car if only vicariously.

Iíve built that car like 4 times. Itís a very zen experience. Spend all that time building it, and it gets broken or I stop playing and start over later. Itís like my version of a sand mandala. Life is fleeting, free yourself from the desire to hold on to this car and your very life itself, haista vittu.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

What card, and what settings did you tweak?

I think it's a GTX 760? The game forces me to use no more than exactly 2 GB of VRAM, which my computer is perfectly capable of exceeding with little or no issue. If you try to have settings that exceed the limit Rockstar puts on you by even a megabyte, it'll outright refuse to let you play. GTA V has the same issue, though it's an older game so my computer has no issues with it. The worst part is that it's only the texture quality that actually changes anything appreciably in the settings. Shadows, reflections, lighting, I can set all of that to Ultra and it'll merrily switch it over, but as soon as I try to put textures on Medium it says that's too much. On Low, the textures are so bad that you can't even read text.

I found that if you use GeForce Experience to tweak the settings and launch, it bypasses this forced limitation. Now I'm playing with textures on High and it's all perfectly playable despite Rockstar telling me they know my computer better and can control my graphics for me.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Been playing RDR2 and having a hell of a good time just looking around. The landscapes in 1440p on high/ultra is a beauty to behold.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Steeltalon posted:

Been playing RDR2 and having a hell of a good time just looking around. The landscapes in 1440p on high/ultra is a beauty to behold.

Yeah. I rarely screenshot games but I've got a whole folder for this one. poo poo, this was last night loving around fishing.

edit: that's only 1080 on medium/high (GTX970) too.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Fallout New Vegas on the RDR2 engine ok thanks

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Fallout New Vegas on the RDR2 engine ok thanks

loving this. I have still to play RDR2 (gonna get it on PS4 because my ancient PC won't be able to handle it) and while not a fan of Rockstar games, just wandering around that amazing landscapes...

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Guillermus posted:

loving this. I have still to play RDR2 (gonna get it on PS4 because my ancient PC won't be able to handle it) and while not a fan of Rockstar games, just wandering around that amazing landscapes...

The story is A+. Donít think itís going to be like GTA as far as that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianM87
Oct 30, 2006
I keep missing. Are you sure the bullets work?

Cyrano4747 posted:

The story is A+. Donít think itís going to be like GTA as far as that goes.

I don't even remember what the story is in RDR2. I've just been wandering in the mountains, lassoing animals, and loading up my horses with skins. Also being pretty terrible to every person unlucky enough to cross my path.

«84 »