Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«84 »
HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Nap Ghost

"According to [Assassin’s Creed Valhalla producer Julien] Laferriere, the map in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be slightly larger than Odyssey’s map."

Goddammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

lmao yes give us the entire north atlantic

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm ok with that. Huge sandbox games get me erect.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I just started Odyssey and I think I spent 5 hours in the starting area. This game is going to take me forever, I think.

Also, I am really excited to upgrade EVERYTHING on the ship

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

Odyssey was too loving big and the only way Valhalla can justify making the world map bigger is actually putting decent poo poo to do in the world instead of sailing off to an island and oh wowee zowee there ain't poo poo out here babes!!

Also you know what owned

Blood owned

https://twitter.com/GetGianni/statu...221212391854081

Also here's a Yakuza meme

https://twitter.com/ryugagaytoku/st...549244379127808

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Grumping about the size of current open-world games reminded me of people bitching about a fast-travel system getting implemented in TES: Oblivion. Then Skyrim dropped, and nobody said a loving thing was wrong with fast travel from then onward.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Zelda Breath of the Wild map is both gigantic and manages not to feel samey throughout.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

5er posted:

Grumping about the size of current open-world games reminded me of people bitching about a fast-travel system getting implemented in TES: Oblivion. Then Skyrim dropped, and nobody said a loving thing was wrong with fast travel from then onward.

I'll forever bitch about games that have fast travel but don't let you fast travel from the entrance to whatever cave/dungeon/inn you're in.

gently caress you skyrim and fallout for making me go through a load screen just to go through a load screen.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

5er posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU8oxcgkkis

5er
Jun 1, 2000

The worst thing about those cliff racer encounters is that there was always a slight pause in the game as I assume the aggressive AI of the mob loaded (and my computer at the time was barely competent for whatever game I was playing). It was salt on the freshly created wound.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oh, uh, F:76 free weekend report: it had a CTD on Saturday and I said "cool, I can go play more Streets of Rage 4". Uninstalled with zero hesitation.

Everyone go play Streets of Rage 4.

Edit: for real though, I clocked about 3 hours, beelining the main quest, and the combat was mindlessly easy. That's MMO 101 and the kiss of death for me. I had the same problem when I tried Morrowind Online and its take on Skyrim combat.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 18, 2020

5er
Jun 1, 2000

F:76, 5er's "Free Weekend Report":

I opted to sit on my back porch with baby chickens most of the weekend knowing full well there was a F:76 free weekend event. No ragerts.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

But wait, it gets worse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z4Fd8bIYaU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Anyone that's interested in Chimera Squad should head over to greenmangaming, it's <$10 right now.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GTA V is free on the Epic Games store, and NFS Heat for Xbox One is $24.

Definitely bought both of those today.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

I've always been a console gamer, but my laptop recently poo poo itself and I replaced it with a "gaming laptop" so I've been redownloading things I played on PS4 at home to play on this thing at work. Currently taking advantage of the free GTAV to play the single player for the like fifth time, except now I can ruin it with mods

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Forum Hussy posted:

I've always been a console gamer, but my laptop recently poo poo itself and I replaced it with a "gaming laptop" so I've been redownloading things I played on PS4 at home to play on this thing at work. Currently taking advantage of the free GTAV to play the single player for the like fifth time, except now I can ruin it with mods

What kind of laptop did you end up getting?

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What kind of laptop did you end up getting?

some HP thing best buy had, it's nothing special but it can run witcher 3 on ultra at 1080p. 4k has some framerate issues, but alas

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Anyone that's interested in Chimera Squad should head over to greenmangaming, it's <$10 right now.
$9.20 to be exact.
$8.80 if you are a GMG VIP.

As a non-X-COM player Chimera Squad is a good distraction if a little short, had a lot of fun and the characters and their interactions are adorable. Game has bugs; needs patch, however game did not give me any issues other than 2 out of 54 missions had a crash or were impossible to complete until reloaded (Game auto-saves and you can manual save whenever so no big deal).

Very much worth the $8.50 I spent on it.

Edit: They could make $8 DLCs with NEW ADVENTURES and I'd be totally on board to buy.

P.S. Also buy Deep Rock Galactic but it's not on sale right now so probably wait.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 20, 2020

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW65wZOtPyA

5er
Jun 1, 2000

This thread showed me this guy's channel, and he's a loving treasure.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

5er posted:

This thread showed me this guy's channel, and he's a loving treasure.

Holy crap yeah. Watching his Blood video now and god I wish there was a Blood remake.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Akion posted:

Holy crap yeah. Watching his Blood video now and god I wish there was a Blood remake.

Get Blood: fresh supply from GOG or Steam (or both), it's great and runs nicely on pretty much anything.

Civvie has been the to-go channel for the Early FPS Megathread for quite some time. The guy is great, is not a chud or anything bad and his only guilty pleasure is liking Postal 2. Postal 4 devs are including him as NPC and his video interacting with himself is hilarious.

I'd recommend watching all of his videos from the start to get all the details and one of my favorite things is his constant pissing on Randy Dickford.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Also grab the fan made Blood campaign Death Wish. It has an immense amount of effort put into it and is full of mapping tricks that I don't remember ever seeing in a commercially released Build engine game.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Good news. That Denuvo bullshit is getting stripped out of Doom Eternal

quote:

"Despite our best intentions, feedback from players has made it clear that we must re-evaluate our approach to anti-cheat integration," Stratton wrote. "As we examine any future of anti-cheat in Doom Eternal, at a minimum we must consider giving campaign-only players the ability to play without anti-cheat software installed”

Good enough for me. Idgaf about multiplayer and just want my single player without some kernel level bull poo poo.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That's really nice and with EU laws players with 5+ hours can still request a refund and get it so better kick that poo poo out that will stop that some of the players that are waiting on a decent sale to get the game (like me).

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Clapping Larry

Civ VI free on EGS, has cross-play with Steam players as well.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Maneater, which is basically 'Shark Simulator', quietly released today without much fanfare or advertising prior to. It's $40, and if you've basically wanted a game that was just simply 'swim around, eat stuff,' this game is perfect. The consoles have it, except switch, but switch is eventual. It's a EGL exclusive right now on PC because of course that's a thing.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

MATN did a video about the first hour or so of gameplay and it’s on my list of “once this hits 20$ I’ll buy it to gently caress around”

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I've been switching in and out letting my 8yr old play, and he loves this game. He loves dick-around sandbox games, and even if I somehow get to feeling the game wasn't $40 to me, I'm fairly sure my boy's going to get my money's worth out of it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

5er posted:

I've been switching in and out letting my 8yr old play, and he loves this game. He loves dick-around sandbox games, and even if I somehow get to feeling the game wasn't $40 to me, I'm fairly sure my boy's going to get my money's worth out of it.

I've always enjoyed doing the math of the cost per hour of games I've played 400+ hours.

Seeing as how I might play two games in a year, I get my money's worth.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Memento posted:

Civ VI free on EGS, has cross-play with Steam players as well.

And there's a discount on the platinum pack.

Hi, I'm mllaneza and I play Civilization...

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

mllaneza posted:

And there's a discount on the platinum pack.

Hi, I'm mllaneza and I play Civilization...

I never even bothered with Civ VI after Civ V since Civ V was a disaster for multiplayer. Multiplayer would be bloated and slow, and it wasn't even optimized to be run on a headless server. Did Civ VI fix these problems?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ2Us_C1FTE

This is impressive as hell

Now let's see Saints Row 2 get this treatment

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Did they add the one feature Saints Row missed that GTA has? Custom radio.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Is it possible to mute music in the game? If so, do that and play music in your preferred media player.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ2Us_C1FTE

This is impressive as hell

Now let's see Saints Row 2 get this treatment

What the gently caress. I just read an article about how they weren’t going to be changing all that much graphically in the remaster. That looks incredible. Just went from skipping it to a sure buy.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Oh woah, I was just assuming it was an itty bitty touchup like SR4 re-elected (I didn't give a fart that critics weren't happy with it being a low-effort port, I loved an excuse to re-play SR4). I was figuring eh, if this is cheapcheap, I could throw some minutes at this; now i'm excited.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is it possible to mute music in the game? If so, do that and play music in your preferred media player.

SR3's radio had the Superjail intro song- Cheeseburger's 'Comin Home', and Unknown Hinson's 'Save Me From Myself'. You could not find more thematically appropriate tunes for driving break-neck around a comic lampoon of an American city that leaned harder into the jokes in a way that GTA wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Did SR3 have the ability to listen to the radio outside of a car or was that just 4? It was such a good QoL feature and for some reason other open world games still don’t do it.

«84 »