Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«84 »
Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did SR3 have the ability to listen to the radio outside of a car or was that just 4? It was such a good QoL feature and for some reason other open world games still donít do it.

~My realism~. Can't listen to the car radio outside the car now can you, that would break my immersion.

*hijacks an army tank (which also has a radio) and escapes with it*
*falls four stories, dies, and wakes up minutes later outside a hospital*
*hospital only charges a few thousand dollars for emergency care despite organized crime probably not having the best health plan*

edit: also no such thing as Spotify in game world apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

I want to live in an extremely realistic world wherein cops are assaulted by purple dick claymores.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I think car radios were audible from outside of cars even in SR2. You can't like, walk around listening to radio but you can still hear the radio while you go into the gas station to buy a 40 and a blunt.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Is anyone still playing Apex? I logged some serious hours during the launch and first season, but got distracted early on in the second by the major destiny expansion.

When I'm playing my one to two hours of video games at night, I'm normally wanting two things -

- To get the satisfying feeling of competing
- To be able to turn off the part of my brain that keeps up with a story so I can listen to podcasts

I know I need to finish RDR2 and get into the Witcher, but I'm just having more fun with shooters right now.

I'm getting very close to playing BF1 again, but that game is loving hard. Also, the people still playing it are almost all 150 level hardcores.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I want to live in an extremely realistic world wherein cops are assaulted by purple dick claymores.

Be the change you want to see.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

https://twitter.com/muselk/status/1...7099387904?s=21

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I just tried to look up buying a wired xbox 360 controller so the partner and I can play some games together during the Rona. They don't seem to be available as made by Microsoft. Did everyone move to xbox one controllers and does anyone have a wired controller I can buy?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

The wireless Xbone ones should have a standard micro-USB plug on them, mine does. Or are you actually plugging it into a 360?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

My friends and I have been playing quite a bit of Deep Rock Galactic together lately. It's pretty fun if you like mining, shooting bugs, making rude jokes about elves and being a dwarf.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Fearless posted:

My friends and I have been playing quite a bit of Deep Rock Galactic together lately. It's pretty fun if you like mining, shooting bugs, making rude jokes about elves and being a dwarf.

I can second this. I played a bunch with a few old friends as well. A+ game.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Herr Tog posted:

I just tried to look up buying a wired xbox 360 controller so the partner and I can play some games together during the Rona. They don't seem to be available as made by Microsoft. Did everyone move to xbox one controllers and does anyone have a wired controller I can buy?

Microsoft has been in the process of phasing out a lot of accessories recently to make way for newer ones. I'd go the Ebay route, but the controllers on there have been on the high side lately.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Cyrano4747 posted:

I can second this. I played a bunch with a few old friends as well. A+ game.

I love the fact that beards, moustaches and sideburns are all different cosmetic categories and each have remarkable depth.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Herr Tog posted:

I have a wired xbox 360 controller stashed in my closet, it was previous pad and it's a bit used, but PM your address and you're welcome to it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The wireless Xbone ones should have a standard micro-USB plug on them, mine does. Or are you actually plugging it into a 360?

I'm weird about waves and input issues.

Captain Log posted:

Microsoft has been in the process of phasing out a lot of accessories recently to make way for newer ones. I'd go the Ebay route, but the controllers on there have been on the high side lately.

You are totally right, it is weird. I am kind of also assuming Supply lines are hosed.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I have a wired xbox 360 controller stashed in my closet, it was previous pad and it's a bit used, but PM your address and you're welcome to it.

I don't know what previous pad means but thank you, message sent!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Herr Tog posted:

I use this, got it recently, works well. I love my PS4 controller for PC but the lack of games that are fully compatible, and constantly running into ones that just don't register it right, was getting to me.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I looked at this for like 1 min and thought it must be bullshit, you have given me hope. Thank you again O King of Detroit.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

Have you tried DS4Windows?

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

I bought a usb dongle on amazon to connect to XB1 controllers wirelessly for like 18 bucks and it has been super painless. The hardest part is remembering to charge the controller occasionally.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, it doesn't work for everything for some reason which sucks.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

chairface posted:

I think car radios were audible from outside of cars even in SR2. You can't like, walk around listening to radio but you can still hear the radio while you go into the gas station to buy a 40 and a blunt some dice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiqXcyxKPfo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

I have like 6 different Xbox360-alike controllers (yes, I like to stack them), a xbone one and my two DS4. The DS4 is a great controller but DS4Windows has some flaws and doesn't work well with every while my original 360, Logitech F310 and other 3rd party ones work perfectly. DS4Windows fail often if Steam is around trying to identify it as a DS4 instead of a 360 controller and without proper Sony support to fully make it a Ximput gamepad it gets really annoying.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Herr Tog posted:

I looked at this for like 1 min and thought it must be bullshit, you have given me hope. Thank you again O King of Detroit.

Mind you click the colors other than red because it shouldn't be $70 lol that's pandemic price gouge, as always you want Prime shipping availability meaning it's in a warehouse and at a generally sane price.

Speaking of warehouse I've been doing interior audits of pallets a lot lately and I mark every pallet I go through, and let me tell you, I'm seeing things I marked days and days ago still in the building so it may take some time for poo poo to get to you.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Herr Tog posted:

I don't know what previous pad means but thank you, message sent!

I just mean it's the controller I was using before I bought a wireless xbox one controller. I'm like 99% sure it's an OEM wired xbox 360 controller, but I got it years ago for my PC so I guess I'm not sure. Here, let me take a picture.

Anyway, if it suits your purposes you can have it.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 12:41 on May 24, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Clapping Larry

A corded 360 controller I think is still the gold standard for Windows gaming for games that need a controller. My fishing in Stardew Valley has progressed leaps and bounds since I started playing it on the big TV with my kids.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Yeah, I changed over to wireless after finally having enough of the cord, mostly because I already use wired earbuds on my PC, but the controller was great. The wireless one is fine, except that it can't seem to be honest with me about when the batteries need charging.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Protip if you don't have a PS4 or XBOX360 controller to use as a PC one: Steam actually has a clever thing where you can set up controller settings by game. Sometimes you have to fiddle with it a little, but it has modes for "JUST TELL THE GAME THIS IS A PS4/XBOX CONTROLLER" type workarounds. The only time I've had to use it to get something to work right with my logitech knockoff dualshock 2 was for the Yakuza games, but it also can be good for swapping around analog stick axes to use for front end loaders on farm sim.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

The downside with the SR3 remake is that its EGS exclusive (of course) and you will have to rebuy it even if you own the original game once its available elsewhere. Which kinda turned me off on it.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Memento posted:

A corded 360 controller I think is still the gold standard for Windows gaming for games that need a controller. My fishing in Stardew Valley has progressed leaps and bounds since I started playing it on the big TV with my kids.

I left a controller attached to pc during stardew JUST for fishing. Everything else is notably worse on controller, but fishing is so much easier.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I have a wireless XB1 controller that I leave connected with a USB cable and it just works. The current production ones can connect over regular Bluetooth too instead of needing a dongle, but then I'd need to put batteries in it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dip Viscous posted:

I have a wireless XB1 controller that I leave connected with a USB cable and it just works. The current production ones can connect over regular Bluetooth too instead of needing a dongle, but then I'd need to put batteries in it.

I've been using the same 4 eneloops on my two wireless 360 controllers for years and they last drat long. My Xbone controller (using it via usb) is a first generation one and starting to feel like poo poo (shoulder buttons sometimes don't work) due to the amount of Dark Souls played with it. If I ever get another Xbone controller, I'll get the one that comes with the bluetooth dongle that costs the same and slap eneloops on it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jack B Nimble posted:

I just mean it's the controller I was using before I bought a wireless xbox one controller. I'm like 99% sure it's an OEM wired xbox 360 controller, but I got it years ago for my PC so I guess I'm not sure. Here, let me take a picture.

Anyway, if it suits your purposes you can have it.

This looks hella legit so far and even it is missing a microsoft[tm] holosticker on the back I'm very happy to receive this during These Challenging Times[tm]

I just wanna play beat em ups, katamari, and ikuruga. Maybe Tekken. MAYBE so this should be amazing.

Shima Honnou posted:

Mind you click the colors other than red because it shouldn't be $70 lol that's pandemic price gouge, as always you want Prime shipping availability meaning it's in a warehouse and at a generally sane price.

Speaking of warehouse I've been doing interior audits of pallets a lot lately and I mark every pallet I go through, and let me tell you, I'm seeing things I marked days and days ago still in the building so it may take some time for poo poo to get to you.

THIS...this is valuable intel.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I've played with an Xbox Elite controller for years. My first one eventually had stick drift and I'm not going to take apart and repair a two PC board controller. I sold it and bought a janky used one off Ebay, which I got another few years use from. Well, that one poo poo the bed a while ago and it really pissed me off. They aren't cheap. I was determined to find another company to give money to for a paddle controller.

But after spending weeks upon weeks watching videos and reading reviews, I'd have to go wired for a decent controller with paddles.

gently caress that, I've got too many wires as it is.

I tried playing with my Dad's controller and considered attaching a paddle pack to it. Big nope there. I'd been spoiled by the sticks on an Elite controller. I couldn't hit poo poo for headshots in a shooter.

So, I sucked it up and got a Series Two Elite. They were majorly backordered and still are. I managed to find one through Gamestop (I hate giving them money but like giving their sales people their desperately needed commission) and plonked down a lot of controller cash.

Yeah, I've not had it for long, but it's like driving a Cadillac in controller form. The sticks have a little key that lets you increase or loosen them to your liking. The triggers have three different settings, allowing you to set up hair triggers. It has an internal battery that's rating for 20 straight hours of use. It also has a wireless charging dock with a magnet.

If you play a lot of games, especially shooters, check out the Series Two elite. Just don't get price gouged on it. Amazon has them for $299 when they list for $179 new.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

I paid 180 for my elite series 2 and it fuckiní rules. The heft is awesome, the extra weight really goes a long way for having a good feel to it. The sticks are awesome and I love the swappable d pad- that one thatís a big indented octagon rules for fighting games.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

My wife a moment ago asks me why the hell I'm watching so many skateboard videos on youtube. The answer is obvious enough to anyone else, it's because of the THPS remaster announcement. But I think the reason I've been watching so much, is because I'm tracking all the changes that have happened in the 25+ years since I stopped paying attention to the skate scene. Seems like these days if you go to any skate park in the U.S. and yell 'do a kick flip', even the youngest kids there will just start kickflipping like no big. I never learned a kickflip back in my day, and the best I could manage was ollie'ing up a curb, but the baseline for talent seems to have shifted.

Another thing I noticed is that while skaters of the current generation do seem to be confident and brash, they don't also seem like they're a bunch of savage little assholes. They generally seem to have pretty good personalities these days. It's a good shift.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I paid 180 for my elite series 2 and it fuckiní rules. The heft is awesome, the extra weight really goes a long way for having a good feel to it. The sticks are awesome and I love the swappable d pad- that one thatís a big indented octagon rules for fighting games.

The price tag still hurts, but all the serious review channels on Youtube had the consensus that it was built a hell of a lot better than the series one. Including the channels that tear the controller apart and look at the components.

I just with I could have given that money to anyone not labelled Microsoft, but nobody makes a decent wireless option.

It makes such a huge difference in shooters. When I was using a regular controller I absolutely couldn't chain headshots at all.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Captain Log posted:

The price tag still hurts, but all the serious review channels on Youtube had the consensus that it was built a hell of a lot better than the series one. Including the channels that tear the controller apart and look at the components.

I just with I could have given that money to anyone not labelled Microsoft, but nobody makes a decent wireless option.

It makes such a huge difference in shooters. When I was using a regular controller I absolutely couldn't chain headshots at all.

Iím not even that sore about the price, I got 7-8 years out of my Xbox 360 controller and I expect this will last me a long time. Iíve spent more replacing PS4 controllers that stopped charging properly in the last three years anyway.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Iím not even that sore about the price, I got 7-8 years out of my Xbox 360 controller and I expect this will last me a long time. Iíve spent more replacing PS4 controllers that stopped charging properly in the last three years anyway.

The Series One Elites absolutely started falling apart after a year or two. It left a lot of people pissed, me included. I'm hopefully the Series Two is as well built as all the critics say.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

After my wired 360 controller died I picked this up for $16.99,

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q9JBP6W/

Works a treat in Steam games and feels really well-made. If you can find one, I'd recommend this as a very good budget controller.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Logitech still produces the F-310 and while it doesn't have the same layout of the Xbox360 controller it's well made, compatible with everything on PC (has a Dimput and Ximput switch) and while the analog sticks are bit stiffer, works like a charm after 7 years here. It's my gamepad of choice when playing really really old games that don't work well with Ximput (Xbox360) that doesn't like triggers as analog (Z axis).

Oh and 19.99$: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940...gitech+F&sr=8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

Last of Us 2:

Oh boy I can't wait to play this!
Aw man it got delayed, oh well!
Oh Naughty Dog is uhh kinda not great hmm
oh wowee those story leaks maybe I'll get it on deep sale??

Naughty Dog:

DO NOT BULLY OUR PRODUCT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

lmao I ain't ever touching this poo poo

«84 »