Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I've been sick all day. Did I still make it into the first page of the new megathread?

edit: gently caress yeah! See you in about 11 years when this thread has to get closed and the next one gets started!

also edit

Capn Beeb posted:

Triss gaslit Geralt non stop because she'd been wanting him for herself for ages and saw an opportunity with his memory loss to fill his head with bunk. Friends don't do that, assholes do that.

There's two kinds of folks that handle that plot piece from the games. Either, 'Triss is a manipulative, hosed up, selfish monster', or 'but... redheads are hot.'

5er fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is gears of war worth playing? Any sense in jumping in at 4? both 4 and 5 are on the PC xbox game pass and I've been eyeballing them.

If you've got the game pass, just go play them, I mean goddamn.

I thought four was enjoyable; if you thought the prior games in the franchise were fun, I'd say hop in. But, it's more of the same with a bit of technical polish; the only way I would not recommend messing around with 4, is if you've been through the prior games and really passionately hate them for any reason.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

chairface posted:

I know I'm years late to this party but I've been playing Breath of the Wild and that game has some hilarious moments. I'm standing on a mountain and looking at my map, planning my path to the next place I'm gonna go and being sure I've got visuals on landmarks shown on the map. Once I'm set up and ready to go, I get ready to start my hang-glide to where I'm going and a loving goat headbutts me in the ribs and I wind up rolling halfway down a mountain and nearly die.

It's very likely that I need to acknowledge that I've just become a cranky old man constantly feeling the pressure of only having a limited amount of time to goof off and have fun, but when things like that happen to me during a game, it usually has no novelty for me and can potentially infuriate me enough to put the game down for a while.

I would've climbed back up that mountain, cussing and spitting, and gone Anakin-sandpeople on those goats until the red in my vision faded.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

priznat posted:

I had fun with viva pinata and wish that MS would put a remastered version on xbox game pass, that would own.

I have been after that for YEARS. I wish a bitch would.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

priznat posted:

Of course if it came out now it would be riddled with microtransations so perhaps not getting a new one is for the best.

If it were EA or Ubisoft, I'd worry about that for sure. MS doesn't seem to be screwing with the formula too much when it comes to remasters though. They're more of a 'charge you $40 for $20's worth of work' thing.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Cyrano4747 posted:

The manager of a Denny's shouldn't be pulling 60 hours a week every week because his boss wants him to be the last person to lock the door every night but aren't willing to pay a second manager.

A loving vulgar trend in Western civilization over the past 15 years in corporate environments, is letting departments remain intentionally understaffed, CEO / CFOs via perrenial emails or all-hands meetings making some bullshit up about how the hiring pool is very dry or some other ridiculous conceit to poorly disguise the fact that it's clear they're not trying to hire or appropriately staff at all, and working their (usually non-exempt payroll type) employees like dogs. The most evil this gets (anyone familiar with 'Stream', or 'Convergys' should find this familiar enough), is with corps that have absurdly high turnover as a clear part of their business model (though of course their executives will lie and euphemise their tits off to avoid being directly called out on it). They'll hire people in gluts, with standards that are no better than, 'you breathe, you have a pulse, and it appears you recognize the symbol that indicates the 'power' button on most computers,' and they have people quit in gluts as well. They will have rules about attendance and even bathroom break 'privileges' that treat adults like barely independently functional kindergarteners, so that if you don't quit in disgust within half a year, you'll definitely somehow have accumulated enough 'attendance points' that they can fire you.
The executives mask all this bullshit up by calling it 'lean management', and prattle pretentiously back and forth at each other with 'sigma six' bullshit buzzwords. It's disingenuous as gently caress.

Call center and IT work largely suffers from the conditions I described; 'crunch' sounds like the software developer version of it. Executives with about as much humanity in their motivations as a Congolese warlord abusing both the love of the work an employee might have against the despairing economic conditions that just don't let a person quit a job at will to stick to their principles.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Action-Bastard posted:

I hate to contribute to this derail but this has more to do with the companies insurance. You're probably not going to be tested for a white collar job but a job involving tools and heavy equipment will because of liability. Mr. VP of fuckery doesn't need to operate a drill press or forklift so yeah he can come in high as a kite.

You can bet your rear end that there are rigid drug test policies at purely bureaucratic jobsites with 'hostile workplace' reputations, with that intentional-revolving-door hire-fire strategy I mentioned earlier.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Captain Log posted:

Isn't it grand that second hand weed can get picked up on a drug test months after the fact, but coke gets out of your system in 24-48 hours?

All the murders and train-wrecked lives since the 80's beg to differ... but look on the bright side, I enjoyed Ghost Recon Wildlands.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Shooting Blanks posted:

Hang on, your employment contract forbids you from working another job in the same industry during your off hours? How on loving earth is this legal? Is it structured as a non-compete, or ???

It wouldn't be hard to put together a 'conflict of interest' justification in a situation like that. loving sucks that our species lacks the inherent moral predispositions to just do the right thing and pay a person what they're worth so they wouldn't have to moonlight.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Shooting Blanks posted:

Eh, right to work makes it easy to just fire someone for no reason - Nippon is correct about that. Generally speaking, non-compete type conflicts are notoriously easy to require, but far more difficult to enforce (and will bite employers in the rear end). That said, most employers also believe they'll never be sued so you run into truly stupid poo poo like Subway franchisees telling employees they can't work for another sandwich chain for 12 months after cessation of employment. Disgusting poo poo.

Right to work terminations don't always work out in favor of the employer. If an employee is shitcanned for reasons that can be lined up as 'wrongful', they'll be allowed to collect unemployment, the former employer has to pay some kind of fine (which is typically innocuous and does nothing to act as the termination deterrent it is meant to exist for), and there's also a risk depending on circumstances of a civil suit that could be filed by the person fired.
To your 'disgusting poo poo' point though, Stream / Convergys that I mentioned earlier never gave any fucks to the unemployment office fines. They never return calls from the UE office to counter claimants, and claimants are usually always awarded benefits in about a month. Leastways, that was the reliable circumstance out in Oregon, fifteen years ago when I had a brief stint with those rapists of livelihood. Some corps business models revolve around doing the math and realizing it saves more money to just pay out UE fines instead of post-6 month legally required benefits.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I've got nothing against weed or weed users, but I swore it off rather immediately the first couple times I tried it, ages ago in my early 20's, because the impact on my short term memory loss was frightful.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

CainFortea posted:

I recently got a humble bundle to support the fire fighting efforts in Australia. Turns out, the game I REALLY wanted in the bundle was one I already had in steam so womp womp me.

I took a few, but there's still a lot of games I have no interest in playing.

Here's how this will work. I'm going to list them here. If you want one, reply quoting my post and edit out all the other games except the one you want. I will PM you the steam key. If you don't have PMs, find a buddy who does and list their forums name on the post and i'll PM them the key and they can get it to you however you want. If you don't have PMs and are in one the various chats with me, I can PM you in that chat just make your post here first, then message me off site. I'm not sending emails out.

After a week i'm just putting all the keys up in this post and washing my hands of it.

Hollow Knight
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 + Australia Paint Pack DLC
    Duck Game
    Hand of Fate 2
    Paradigm
    Crawl
    The Adventure Pals
    Regular Human Basketball
    Satellite Reign
    Hacknet
    Mr Shifty
    Primal Carnage: Extinction
    Assault Android Cactus
    Frog Detective
    Framed Collection
    Think of the Children
    Tower of Guns
    Rising Dusk
    Death Squared
    The Stillness of the Wind
    The Gardens Between
    Paper Fire Rookie (This is a VR game)
    Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom
    Machinarium

Edit: Reminder that i'm keeping this list up to day and striking off what's been claimed. This sunday i'm just going to edit in all the steam keys and i'm not tracking it anymore so ya'all can grab any seconds that you want.

I could go for that Euro truck simulator. For penance I'd even be willing to stream myself hopping into the game, no preparation at all, in a weekend or two.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

CainFortea posted:

Once I get home i'll send it. But, heads up, EuroTruck is actually kinda fun in a super chill way. I already have it.

I have been binging again on Monster Hunter since Iceborne was released. I could probably use... THE SHIFT IN GEARS.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'd hop on 50% off of the standard edition; no need to pay extra for a bunch of poo poo in the online edition I will never touch or see.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

B- is a solid score for Wildlands. I never managed to finish it because there's just so loving much to do, and I cannot resist doing sidequest stuff; I think the biggest reason I stopped though was because I got to the Predator content and it made me angry enough to put it down long enough to get distracted off to another game.

The one thing I will never forget, was the most Tom Clancy-est moment you get in the game is right in the first mission. You're getting briefed by the local rebellion leader how they need to rescue a particular political prisoner, because apparently their revolution depended upon his "agrarian proletariat theories". loving lol, shut the gently caress up, Dollar Tree Che Guevara.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Guillermus posted:

That moment when you get a fully upgraded AUG with long barrel, V4 grip and a big scope making it the best long range AR in the game with the lowest bullet drop of them. Needing just a single bullet to kill any non alerted enemy.

The whole 'oh they're alerted? Your sniper rifle suddenly does a lot less damage' thing was loving irritating.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Cooked Auto posted:

Eeyup, that happened to me and my friends. I think we learned how to compensate for that afterwards. Since if you made the drone descend the moment it got deployed it wouldn't fly into the rotors.

It made some weapons less fun to use I remember since their ttk was just abysmal once you were in a fight.

The other thing in Wildlands that was annoying, though it never resulted in any real consequences for me, was if you blasted a guy that was trying to surrender while things were still in a 'pitched gun battle' kind of feel. Getting dressed down by squadmates for bad morals over something that I didn't have the picosecond reflex capabilities to figure out, caused me to instinctively flip off the monitor and have my wife ask me who I was yelling 'gently caress you' at.
Also don't tell me 'we're better than that', when we perhaps shrank a region's total population by a full quarter after clearing out two major drug manufacturing compounds with absolutely zero escapes or surrenders.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

I too touched the poop that is Tom Clancy's Breakpoint when it was on sale. I'm almost two hours in, some thoughts:

loving drat this game is pretty.
Oof this voice acting tho
lmao some NPC actually said FEELIN' FROGGY
Games need to stop having inertia in 3rd person movement, it always feels like weird lag
Death 2 tired loot and arbitrary score numbers
I'm already getting Assassin's Creed Odyssey vibes by being overwhelmed with all the drat Stuff In The World to do

First kill: I shot a dude in the head and he died yay headshots, lmao why did he blast 30 feet off the ground

Also I blew up some nerds with a grenade and one of them was all OH MY GOD THEY GOT CHAD, CHAD TALK TO ME BUDDY, I then shot him in the mouth and the last dude ran into my karambit with his neck

I'm glad I got this on sale cause holy moly $60 for this? Nah chief

You can not, CAN NOT avoid 'boomer-friendly militaryish jargon' in a Tom Clancy ANYTHING. Ever. You're going to be Oscar Mike to that twenty. You're going to be deploying assets, securing assets, rear end-to-assets. You're going to be feelin' froggy. You are going to drown with no safety gear in a sea of acronyms. That situation WILL be Charlie Foxtrot.

I am never going to stop cracking up over that 'we need his agrarian proletariat theories' bullshit out of Paz in the first mission. WE GET IT, YOU ARE QUITE UNSUBTLELY NUANCING THIS GUY IS CHE FUCKIN GUEVARA.

lol

5er
Jun 1, 2000

When I first played GTA3, it was one of those 'holy poo poo this is AMAZING' video game experiences for me. It was the game I bought alongside the PS2 when I made the jump to that generation. Not only was the leap in technology just knocking me out of my shoes, it was also just how *huge* the game felt. Every landscape felt alive; it was noisy and populous, with both the background noises and the noises from the cars and pedestrians. You could do whatever, ignore the plot, and have a blast still. The amount of actual real estate to explore and navigate, felt so vast! Particularly definitive for me, launching vehicles off ridiculous jumps or driving on the sidewalk, while the beautiful, somber tones of 'O mio babbino caro' radiated from the speakers.

GTA Vice City was more of the same stuff that made GTA3 great, but it broke new ground with both narrative elements- Ray loving Liotta voicing the main character... let alone the main character having a voice at all! The radio stations all getting a variety of licensed music, and the way they really nailed the mid-80's, I didn't care about anything that was carried over, derivative or repeated from prior titles, because Vice City told a story the way that game did as a wholesale experience, and I loved it! I didn't give too much of a poo poo about Tommy Vercetti, he was a total piece of garbage, but I still thought it was an incredible narrative experience.
I was also particularly fond of getting the Apache helicopter and blowing poo poo up to Megadeth's 'Peace Sells.' That was the defining experience of GTA:VC for me.

GTA:SA took everything that was great about the prior two games, and incrementally improved them. It was the least original or revolutionary of the three, but it, for me, was the absolute best at being the GTA PS2 experience it could. The size of the GTA3 world felt awe inspiring? Well, how about an even loving bigger world, with their own distinct biomes? Thought the narrative elements of VC were awesome? How about getting a protagonist you could actually sympathize with / for! And YES! That WAS Sam L. Jackson you heard, motherfucker! You liked helicopters and tanks and planes? How about a plane that's ALSO a helicopter! And of course my Gen-X rear end is going to appreciate the radio stations of the classic gangsta rap / early grunge era.

I really loved GTA4, and GTA5. They're good even-further evolutions of the GTA experience, but neither of the titles really amazed me like the PS2 era games.
edit- also needs mention that I'm let down and a bit heartbroken by the new "standard", that we won't get any more 'story' expansions out of Rockstar. Just online fuckfests with bolt-on content meant to drive micropayment revenue.

5er fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 30, 2020

5er
Jun 1, 2000

madeintaipei posted:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I started with the GTA 1 timed demo and got hooked. 1-London-London '61 were so simple, so easy to mod. .ini edited the demo timer to infinite, then figured out that the 3DFX demo (which was set in San Andreas) contained the missing code and assets from the regular demo, plus the entire middle third of the game. A quick copy/paste got me 2/3rds of the game for free, not counting what my parents paid for internet time. From there I started going to Gouranga.com and later Valdez's Parking Lot (?) for sprites and advice in modding the "physics". Filez'd both London expansions, borrowed GTA2 and a Dreamcast for a while, then forgot about video games altogether.

That is, until someone gave me a Game Informer magazine which had eight full-color pics of GTA in glorious 3D! I saved for months to buy a PS2 and GTA 3, daydreaming the whole while about how awesome it was going to be. It was every bit as awesome as I thought! I had two days off work just to play it. My girlfriend walked in the bedroom the second night and just asked, "How long has it been since you slept?" "Lol, I dunno?!"
Every year I still play through 3, VC, SA, LC Stories, VC Stories, and 4. It's a thoroughly enjoyable ritual for me.

Holy loving poo poo the nostalgic burst re: gouranga.com and Valdez' parking lot. The original GTA must've gotten 40 more hours out of me when I discovered I could play with police cars that had inverted pentagrams on their hoods, and coupes I could render nearly indestructible by loving with their variables in the flat files you could unpack.

I even remember the idiot friend of my cousin's, who would bring his computer over to our house for a mini-lan party so we could co-op in GTA. It was not as easy in the Win98 era to network poo poo but we managed. I think the last day I saw that kid, was when he got into a fistfight with my cousin in our driveway because they were drunk and his friend made a pass at my cousin's then-gf. God drat we were all some white trash.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm holding out for Ubi to try to turn the boat around on Breakpoint. Patch whatever's legitimately glitchy, maybe shift more of the micropayment content into game-based unlockable in response to the reviews/public opinion, and then ultimately I can scoop the game on a very agreeable holiday sale price.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

mllaneza posted:

GeForce Now is cool and good and it's my friend.

You get a virtual desktop interface to your Steam library. Cloud saves are working fine and games "install" in seconds. I've got a 960 and I've tried both Kingdom Come:Deliverance and No Man's Sky at higher settings than I can play natively. Both run silky smooth, look great, and there's no perceptible lag. NMS give VRAM estimates for its presets, and it defaulted to the 6 GB setting (High). I suspect multiplayer would be Just Fine through this.

I'm giving them money as soon as this comes out of beta, it's a thousand dollar hardware upgrade for a monthly fee.

What you describe, sounds like what Stadia was supposed to be.

Guess they shouldn't have blown all their creative juices on Reggie Watts commercials.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Shiiit next time somebody has a key for Two Points Hospital to throw away, think of me

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Jack B Nimble posted:

I was going to give you my key right now, but the humble web site isn't cooperating with my phone. But if I don't forget, I got you.

Edit: Got home and did it on my PC; PM'd you the code.

You absolutely made my day. Thank you!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I have to gush about Monster Hunter: World a moment. I'm fairly sure I've written at length in the past in this thread about the game around the original launch era. How I've been a steadfast fan of the franchise since my first experience with the PSP, and through the Wii U and numerous 3DS titles- and how the seemingly janky controls of the game almost drove me off it the first time I played.

On the PS4, I clocked about 250 hours since it launched. I got burned out a bit, and slept on the Witcher and FFXIV tie-in content, as well as the Kulve Taroth and Deviljho content. Iceborne's PS4 launch failed to captivate me, mostly because the load times just got worse and I didn't think to find the graphic settings that enforces framerate over quality that you'd need to manually change for the PS4 Pro. I think I got as far as the viper Tobi Kadachi and hosed off.

Over this past Thanksgiving, I sniped MH:W for the PC on somebody's holiday sale. Maybe Steam's. Whatever the case, I was eager to see what this game would look & run like on my rather strong PC- i9 CPU, 16GB RAM, and an RTX 2070.
First thing I noticed, was that this thing loads faster on my computer than it takes for me to consider scratching my nuts. Big win over the hurry up and wait console experience. Next, smooth framerates; but that's to be expected considering I still only have a 1080p display. My card doesn't have to work much at all. Third, which wouldn't matter so much if the first two points stated weren't what they were, is that this is one of the most beautiful, lush, detailed, vibrant games I've ever put on my computer.
The beauty of the game is a point that straddles both PC and PS4 experience. Witcher 3's beautiful and all, but the visual variety is limited to "swampy, medieval Poland", whereas MH:W is like the peak of everything you expect out of Capcom at their best- creative and imaginative biomes filled with attention to small details, and the larger vistas that make the world seem so much larger. MH:W feels and looks so close to a real place, while still allowing the colors to saturate, glow and pop all over.

The other aspect of playing on PC, which I think is partially credit to the significantly reduced load times, is that multiplayer via either throwing SOS flares or responding to them, goes so much more fluid and faster. Way fewer disconnects. I can't disparage the PS4 network overall, it's really good quality, but I definitely have improved latency on the PC. I've put more time into SOS pug's than I have solo, and I really loving hate other people, so that says a lot.

Everything looks loving cool that you get to wear or use. And that Paolumu armor that looks like a weird cross between Hello Kitty and Tom's of Finland, well, you might not want to be caught dead in that fruity outfit but god damnit you just know SOMEBODY loves that poo poo.

I caught the MH fever again, pretty much a week prior to PC Iceborne release, which led to getting that too at launch. No regrets.

Well, I thought this was going to be a quick gush. Oh well, good game is good.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

Hell yeah Monster Hunter owns, and thanks to the PC you can mod the hell out of it and have transmog armors

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/672?tab=description

I actually have crafted one (1) of the item pieces I'm wearing, the rest are just me poking that program and telling the game how I wanna look

Among other things (most of which are lewd anime titty mods but there's some good ones in there)

Here's a tigrex getting nuked from a super amped element discharge charge blade

I haven't tampered with the loving game yet, everything with my save file is vanilla legit :/ But, they put some bullshit requirements to craft that crap so it is what it is.

Beeb you're the only dude on my friends list I ever see in MHW.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Shooting Blanks posted:

Have fun with this, Two Point Hospital was an absolute blast.

I keep hearing that; and between the pine tree motifs and the few screenshots I've seen, am I right at all to think 'Two Points' is a 'Twin Peaks' reference? Either way I am excited to get to it, once my current MH:W binge (and homework-heavy classes) is over.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ophidian posted:

90% of the time Iím playing games itís PC MHW:I the other 10 is MTG:A

what Iím saying is we can be friends :3

https://steamcommunity.com/id/ShockLobster

Lets!

MtG never caught or got me. It's ironic, considering that I'm a sucker for collectible poo poo and sit-down card games. I don't have any bad things to say or negative opinions about tcg's as a whole, but I have no interest in em.

More irony on top of that, is that I really got the gently caress into Gwent in Witcher 3. I loved it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

"Deckbuilder roguelikes" made me cringe instinctively. Like someone just reached into a hat and put those words together, and they just don't work for me.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Speaking of confectiony-sweet things... apparently Animal Crossing is only allowing one island save file per Switch. No separate islands per user.

Tom Nook is REAL.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Have you tried the standalone online Gwent game? Or the singleplayer Thronebreaker? I started the latter a couple of times and found it pretty neat but haven't been able to play it all the way through

Maybe yet another layer of irony? Zero interest in those, haven't tried them yet.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Captain Log posted:

Wandering without a waypoint can loving kill a game for me.

Especially in an open world game with an enormous map. Ghost Recon Wildlands, if you checked your map you'd briefly get a directional indicator but it'd fade out in your direct hud. Hated that, just wanted the loving thing to stay onscreen.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

priznat posted:

Yeah I loooooved RDr1 but 2.. I dunno it just feels like a chore to play. The map is TOO big, it seems.

Gawd Iím such a whiner!!

Add to that literal chores like 'gently caress, I gotta eat something' or 'gently caress, are you kidding me? I have to manually re-equip my long guns because I had the temerity to ride my loving horse?'
Or 'gently caress, I have to clean my guns' which leads to 'gently caress, I have to go to a store now because I don't have oil to clean my guns', which leads to 'gently caress, is this guy seriously drawing on me in town, I just want to go buy gun oil and get out' which leads to 'gently caress, my handgun's filthy gently caress WHERE ARE MY LONG GUNS' which leads to 'gently caress, now I've got a $35 bounty, they shot my horse, and I'm running through the loving woods and for every bounty hunter I shoot two more appear...'
That poo poo's funny to read. Funny to experience the first time. Exhausting any time afterward, and especially if you had other priorities that got utterly shitcanned by the game's random thorough invocations of bad luck.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

My teenage son loves looty-shooty stuff, like Destiny 2 and such. I got him Borderlands 3 for xmas, and think he's starting to get burned out on it. I think he'd easily get $2.99's worth out of some Division 2.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I love the Ace Combat series but god drat are the plot interludes that loosely confederate the missions some of the cringeyest poo poo I've ever sat through in the history of playing video games.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I posted earlier that the Strangereal poo poo made me cringe. It always will. But what I was not clear about, is that I would not have it any other way, too.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Cyrano4747 posted:

All my skillpoints were also reset, which is what's making me thing it was a change?

Anyone here who's played recently have any insight?

I played at launch for about a month and a half. I hit 30, stopped a bit short of making strongholds available, and probably burned myself out by doing all the tedious SHD collection & projects and poo poo. I think I was lured off by another game and just didn't think to go back. So, I never saw specializations, or skillpoint distribution, or anything that has been introduced to the game by way of patch tinkering, content addition or overhaul. As of this point though, having reinstalled Thursday and roughly binge-played all weekend due to rain and people in the house fighting colds and being unmotivated, I made it through the strongholds, had a laugh at how phoned in the Black Tusk invasion was introduced, and went to bed last night with WT5 unlocked, all my gear at ilvl 500 (apart from mods, ugh), and even two set items equipped.

I've noticed some peculiarities with collectibles. Some of the things I know I had collected, reappeared for collection in the world. Some of them appeared more than once since Thursday, even. Sometimes, I'd get an ISAC notification of a portable electronic nearby, I'd have the icon painted on the map, I would be looking exactly at the mobile phone or whatever right in front of me, but it absolutely was not triggerable.

That's about it though. The game plays smooth and fun. For solo action I've settled mostly around the repair drone for healing, and the oxidizer chem launcher for forcing particularly entrenched jerks out of cover, or making them hurt for it if they didn't want to move. Grenades serve that purpose too, but the chem launcher is so much easier to shoot, than to throw.

I mentioned earlier that I had picked up the game for my older son to play. It's kind of hilarious listening to him complain and frustrate and go through all the bullshit I did before I learned how the game works. Like, the game is a cover shooter and absolutely punishes you for being out of cover for too long. Like how you constantly have to check the compass in your peripheral because you WILL get flanked. Like how no matter what your compass does, the game is just going to spawn poo poo in all four directions, and the worst thing you can do is stand your ground, or get painted into a corner.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Guillermus posted:

AliExpress probably and Amazon wharehouses from europe.

I am totally going to evangelize this as canon in the game at every opportunity.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Guillermus posted:

But first click on my referral link to get 15% off seeker mines!

Frequently bought together:

PP-19 + Knee Pads + 3D Printer Filament + Spatula + Vaseline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

If you ain't running around in the Hawaiian shirt what are you even doin

For a set of Patience kneepads I will punch the president square in the throat who got my pads

Running around in the same flannel and mesh trucker cap from initial character creation, with long messy hair & beard looking like the proper prepper power fantasy man that a 24/7 post apocalyptic power fantasy was built for.