Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I have not kept up with Star Citizen so apologies if this is old poo poo no one cares about

This is the first real footage of the game I've seen and it looks like working a second job.... iiinnnnn sppaaaace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xs0vS2WiXM

looks decent for an immersive sim at least, if that's your thing. You could probably convince me to try it if I can be a space pirate and rob these dorks afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Oh God you just made me realize if I wanna be a space miner (or probably any fun occupation) I would probably need to join a crew and deal with some old gently caress screaming "MINUS 50 DRP!" At me.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

What ever happened to Shani?

She shows up in the Hearts of Stone DLC

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Oh yeah Call of Duty MW 2 really made me want a Tavor like nothing else.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

priznat posted:

I want a white one for some stupid reason. Probably would get smudged to all hell.

I forgot to respond to this yesterday, but here's one goons paint job to emulate the M1A from the Rainbow Six cover:

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

priznat posted:

Yeah the switch has all the excellent indie games but same, PC. Add into that the nintendo games are so drat pricey and rarely go on sale.

My Switch is just an indie game console lately. Though I got the Dark Souls remaster which is fun to play in short spans.

Stardew Valley, and another indie game called Tiny Metal (just a spiritual successor to Advanced Wars) are my main time wasters on it.

I'll probably get Disgaea when it's on sale because gently caress Square for never making another Final Fantasy Tactics game.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I couldn’t get down with the controls, but maybe it was just me?

I would have loved that game when I was younger, but it’s too dreary for me now.

Controls on the switch in general are not the best. At least Stardew is a slow chill game so less than optimal controls dont change much. And the other games I mentioned are turn-based so

Points where points due I did beat Dark Souls on it without much hardship.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Was jonesing for some good RTS action so all that earlier talk about Homeworld got me interested. I've been playing for about an hour now and yikes you were not kidding about salvage corvettes, I just doubled my fleet size in a single mission without building a single craft.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

If you need more RTS action they did also just remake and rerelease Age of Empires 2. Though admittedly I don't like the new remade music as much as the classic like 11k stuff that has fuzzy popping sounds.

Tried it with the Microsoft store, and eh. I just dont feel the love for AoE2 that I used to.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Gentlemen, I was going over what's new and on sale on the Switch eShop and well...

($19.99)

Apologies for the quality getting good screenshots off the switch is tricky.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Many PC indie games are getting a second life on the Switch, its crazy.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Applesnots posted:

Anyone here play Rimworld? It is a colony building sim set on an alien planet, think Dwarf Fortress lite, but with a great UI and Easy on the eye graphics.
And you can do pretty much what you want. Wanna grow tons of weed and sell it to traders while all your peeps are stoned allday?
I once accidental cut off the food supply for my dog and her puppies, so they went into a store room and drank all my beer and were vomiting everywhere. They died of alcoholic
related liver failure. I did not notice till it was too late. Oh and there are tons of random events and even raiders, you can capture the downed raiders and toss em em in jail and have some one convince them to join your colony. Or you can have your doctor cut off their legs and replace em with peg legs and send them back on their merry way. You can freeze the the old legs too and use them as implants on your on people if need be. It is pretty deep in what it tracks

Yeah I had been playing Rimworld since it was in beta. The mods for it make it a whole new game, depending on what you install.

You can also harvest the organs of your prisoners and they sell for a good chunk of change. Alternatively you can get someone who is good at art sculpting statues and likewise they sell decently.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Memento posted:

If you're on Win10 (and Win7 is no longer fully supported, so you should be) then you can just hoist your OS drive from the old machine and plug it into the new machine. It used to be that Windows would throw a hissy fit when you did that, but these days it's basically seamless.

Having said that, make sure you don't do what I did and try to use an SSD that my (slightly older) motherboard wasn't set up to use as an OS drive. Check the old thread for my ranting and workflow posts.

Thanks for the confirmation I was thinking of just popping my SSD with the OS into the new computer and not bothering with installing a new instance.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I only played Gears 1 once and briefly. I was visiting a friend and playing the Xbox360 for the first time ever and trying out his games. My reaction to Gears of War was "meh" and spend the rest of my time at his place playing Viva Pinata.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

So here's something that bothers me and I need to know if anyone knows the answer to this.

Did we have modern-style wooden pallets back in like 1899 or whenever RDR2 was? Like, clearly designed to be lifted and moved via jack or forklift.

I'd want to see a screenshot of what you saw, but the modern wooden pallet was invented in the 1920s shortly after the forklift was introduced.

Wooden skids are as old as civilization though.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah I dont have the full list handy but I believe it was originally scheduled to release March 2020. March 2020 is looking absolutely jam packed with big games. So this move does help limit the competition.

Action-Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 16, 2020

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

Jesus for more 2020 nuttery, apparently Kotaku has 3 sources who each say that Sony is planning a late 2020 PC release of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

That would be cool. Would like to play that.

Same! That got sandwiched between Breath of the Wild and Persona 5 so most people forgot about it or didn't bother. Doesn't help it has an incrediblely generic title.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Applesnots posted:

I kinda hate how our corporate overlords are not drug tested. Like they are some kind of better person that can be trusted to do coke and benzos and lead a company while the schlubs on the bottom floor get their life ruined if they hurt themselves at work after only having smoked a joint with their buddies two weeks prior.

I hate to contribute to this derail but this has more to do with the companies insurance. You're probably not going to be tested for a white collar job but a job involving tools and heavy equipment will because of liability. Mr. VP of fuckery doesn't need to operate a drill press or forklift so yeah he can come in high as a kite.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I started up Homeworld 2 last night... is it just me or is that significantly harder than Homeworld 1? Mission 3 was kicking my rear end up and down the street.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

A game over is a failure of the game design

Edit: also sometimes Marine Frigates act like they're capturing ships but then they don't... feels like Homeworld 2 is a little rougher

Action-Bastard fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 22, 2020

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Div1 left me with such an empty and bitter feeling. That game was 100% my poo poo on paper but the execution was awful.

Bullet sponge enemies can gently caress right off.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Looks like RDR2 Ultra Deluxe Golden Vaquero edition is $50 right now
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/red-dead-redemption-2-ultimate-edition-pc/

Is this a steam key or does it just launch off of social club? I was planning on buying RDR2 when it was on sale.

Not interested in using the epic game store.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I didn't even get that far into Div1, I installed it during a free weekend and only played about 5-6 hours and promptly uninstalled it.

Biggest issues:
- bullet sponge enemies
- bullet sponge enemies
- I had no way to communicate with teammates during a co-op mission. I needed to tell them to shoot the gas tanks in the guys backs and had no way to convey this message.
- bullet sponge enemies
- stealth felt lame and pointless 90% of the time.
- early game felt way too difficult. I was stuck for an hour on one mission because the auto save put me in a spot where I had to face dozens of heavily armed enemies alone to leave the area.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Apparently there's a remake of Gothic in the works and there's a playable demo out.

Looking more like a Witcher 3 ripoff at first glance.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Both expansions are a must, but if I had to pick one, definitely get Blood and Wine.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Got RDR2 and 4 hours later it finished installing

Probably the best graphics settings menu I have ever seen, benchmark tests indicating the min/max FPS. Spent probably 30 minutes getting it juuuuust right. Then went to bed.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Started my RDR2 game.

Promptly got my horse shootout from under me in a stickup gone wrong and then had a domino effect of a robbery turned kidnapping turned murder and now I have a bounty of $65

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Well I needed a new horse since the last one died. So I tried bushwacking strangers along the side of the road but their horses kept bolting off out of sight, finally I got caught and thought I'd steal a lawman horse but they killed me and I respawned next to some random horse and that's been my horse since.

I still haven't unlocked the horse vendor, what mission unlocks that?

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

My horse is filthy and I need a brush

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

You need to do a couple of Hosea missions for the game to let you use the livery for... some drat reason. You'll get a brush there.

Thanks!

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

That parallel development is widely believed to be another entry in the Witcher series.

Get excited.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

What would it be? They've come out and said they're not making another game about Geralt. It would have to be either another character from the series, or a new story cut from whole cloth.

Could be the adventures of Ciri the Witcher. Otherwise yeah new character.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Got my Schofield from robbing the backroom of the doctors in Valentine.

Lost my horse exploring the wilds and wandered into some random camp where the resident turned out to be hostile, his horse didn't run too far off when I disposed of him and the mare was better than my current horse so I rode him back to town. Got myself a decent horse now.

Hunting is surprisingly fun and deep. Unlike other RPGs where you just wander a few yards out of town and punch deer to death.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Also the trailer for Hellblade 2 looked intense

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I took a train into St. Denis and have spent the last 30 minutes at the tailor.

Good game.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah after studying the animals it should give you pointers to get perfect pelts and also highlight instant kill spots in dead eye.

I've been managing perfect skins with the bolt action rifle and precise head shots. The bow is nice but won't always drop some of the larger game.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

So I just tried taking the wild Arabian up north.

Went well enough but when I first mounted it went wild and jumped off the nearby cliff killing itself and nearly killing me

loving horses man.

Captain Log posted:

I haven't played RDR2 in a while, but doesn't the being the animal shoulder heart and lung shot work pretty well? Headshotting animals just sounds....weird.

Not if you want the pelts! Can't be making fur coats with bullets holes in them.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

BrianM87 posted:

There's another Arabian west of Owanjila lake

Story wise I got to Rhodes not long ago so I think that's a ways off.

Captain Log posted:

If nothing else, I need to turn on RDR2 just to see what I named my three horses.

This is silly, but the loving outrageous load times are often what keep me from turning it on. Destiny 2 is bad enough about that. Redemption feels like it takes fifteen minutes to boot.

I am terrible with names. So far I got:
Ol' Rick
Jill
Claire

PC gaming is the future my friend.

Action-Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 28, 2020

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I've been rocking a Schofield for most of the game so far, I'm waiting for the auto loaders to unlock so I can play with them but is there a particular pistol I should have my eye on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Plorp sounds like a Good Horse.

They're all good horses until they decide to bolt the moment you get off them or refuse to follow you or come when called. Video games