Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I wish there was some way I could bank my free time for when Cyberpunk comes out so I can just be like Ima gonna play this for 72 hours straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That Space Engineers game looks pretty fun but Iíll wait for Kerbal 2

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I want a Mk23 kitted out with so much stuff it needs a sling, all because of metal gear.

Also a fiveseven due to splinter cell. Not a FN2000 though, pass.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Why was Triss bad? I am 100% Yennifer but I must have missed something. I tune most of the mage bla bla bla stuff out though.

I went back to play some more and I thought my weird scars from Gunter had been removed but they seem to be back and I hate it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Triss gaslit Geralt non stop because she'd been wanting him for herself for ages and saw an opportunity with his memory loss to fill his head with bunk. Friends don't do that, assholes do that.

Oh thatís jerky <>

I never played witcher 1 or 2 so memory loss geralt is me

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Action-Bastard posted:

Oh yeah Call of Duty MW 2 really made me want a Tavor like nothing else.

I want a white one for some stupid reason. Probably would get smudged to all hell.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Action-Bastard posted:

I forgot to respond to this yesterday, but here's one goons paint job to emulate the M1A from the Rainbow Six cover:

drat thatís hot

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Thatís pretty neat!

I wish I played my switch more it feels kind of neglected.

I got back into Dead Cells on PC, there is a bunch of new stuff in it since my last play and it owns.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah the switch has all the excellent indie games but same, PC. Add into that the nintendo games are so drat pricey and rarely go on sale.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah if I had a public transit commute for sure itíd be great. Witcher 3 mobile? Hell yes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I do find that playing on the switch itself is a bit of an eyestrain situation but I'm an old.

Playing on a 10.5" ipad is my fav mobile gaming option currently, update stardew you bastards!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dead Cells is my passion again these days, loving it after not playing it for ages. Actually got pretty far too.

I donít like having to replay bosses again each time though. I can beat The Concierge pretty easily now but the clockmaker guy kicks my rear end.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That is totally awesome

Dutch has a great drat voice, dude did a fantastic job. I mean they all do but with Dutch you understand why he likes to have these big monologues.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah heís all hat and no cattle but he sure can talk

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Alaan posted:

Shields really own vs the clock keeper in Dead Cells. You can just spam block and fling his shuriken back at him. That plus turrets and itís pretty easy mode.

Ohhh I have been neglecting shields pretty bad I should get those. I like the combo of rapier & throwing knives the best.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Steeltalon posted:

Shut everyone the Doom Slayer has the floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkklG9MA0vM

Fffffffuck yesssssss

I cannot wait, goddamn

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think my fav thing about doom 2016 apart from the action is doomguyís interaction with the world. Smashing poo poo, slapping severed arms on scanners etc.. dude just dgaf

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have a game pass and got bored as poo poo by Gears 5 pretty fast but I have gaming adhd now I think.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Look at all that JUICE

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Arrath posted:

God drat it only took one line to give me flashbacks to that checkpoint from hell. Thanks for that.

lmao, the line ruled, the game.. eh.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

5 isn't bad and it has some kind of neat stuff but it suffers from the same "oh here I am in a room/area with a bunch of waist high cover I WONDER WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?" and then it happens.

Lately (last few years that is) I like games that have a real smooth sense of motion like DOOM and Dead Cells, Gears games just feel clunky and slow to me. I think it is my beef with RDR2 too, it just feels slow and cumbersome doing anything.

Another game that has excellent motion and is super fun is Sunset Overdrive and if anyone else has the Xbox game pass it is on there and it is the most fun I've had in an "open" world game in ages.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I had fun with viva pinata and wish that MS would put a remastered version on xbox game pass, that would own.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

5er posted:

I have been after that for YEARS. I wish a bitch would.

Of course if it came out now it would be riddled with microtransations so perhaps not getting a new one is for the best.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

5er posted:

If it were EA or Ubisoft, I'd worry about that for sure. MS doesn't seem to be screwing with the formula too much when it comes to remasters though. They're more of a 'charge you $40 for $20's worth of work' thing.

This is true, the Halo remasters seem very pure with no dicking around with them. I tried out Halo: Reach and it's cool although not really into it for nostalgia so it didn't grab me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sweet, I got the floor smashing rune for dead cells. Now I presume there is a rune that allows you to float or climb walls to access some chimney-type areas.

Also I am a big fan of shields now and feel nude without one. I tried taking melee & throwing knives but drat, a well timed parry is the poo poo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh no...

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed til september (2020)

Ah well. Make a good game without grinding employees into a red paste is more important really.

https://www.destructoid.com/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-until-september-2020-578104.phtml

At least doom eternal is soon!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Worth it at full price imo, I have been playing nothing but that for over a week now and had played it a lot when I got it on its first early access days.

Shield parries are the bomb for reflecting projectiles not just the clock guy but also just regular arrow guys which really makes you feel badass if you can do it while slashing up zombies at the same time.

The game rewards different playstyles too so Iíll go back to whip or bow or whatever Iím sure!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

CDPR does not have a good reputation for avoiding crunch. Whether this is them actually giving their employees a better environment to finish the game or not remains to be seen.

It seemed like they had gotten some flak from previous crunch and they had promised to do better, so hopefully this is the case.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah with Doom Eternal and the new Vampire game the early spring is gonna be fairly packed already.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

in other news I seem to lack the patience to micromanage units in RTS games that I once had

Yeah I totally lost that a while back, it was really noticeable in that land based Homeworld spinoff I just could not be arsed to play it despite it being very slick.

I was playing Dead Cells tonite and I could almost pinpoint the moment when I burned out on the game (for now). I just started thinking yeah, I wouldnít mind if my guy just died soon. Got to the darkened sepulchure or whatever and finally bit it fighting several sword midgets and gladly put the controller down Next!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I got a code from GMG for 20% off doom eternal which seems like a pretty sweet deal for a preorder.. itís a guaranteed day of buy for me so might do that

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Thereís actually an article on arstechnica right now about game devs trying to unionize.

I have my doubts about this ever happening widespread in STEM heavy fields due to the innate sense of superiority most coders and engineers have. Iím all for it though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Vid from Jim about the CDPR Krunch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoswHl2Hx8M

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The JimSter has a pretty badass video on how hosed up game publishers are when it comes to marketing games (and loot box mechanics) to children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiOhq6Gcv3s

It's loving savage and it rules

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

I wanted to like the Division 2 but it turns I had to play the sequel in order to understand how much I valued both the snowy new york setting of the original and it's framework as a being a city in crisis compared to the sequel's post apocalypse.

Yeah I preferred the firstís setting a lot too. In the second itís like well poo poo what is even worth fighting for anymore everything is so hosed and itís just kinda depressing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wasnít there some rumour they were going to go back to NYC locations for addons to Div2 or did I just imagine that?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Maybe I will reinstall div2 and get the pass or whatever if itís cheap, feeling the itch for a gun barbie game at least until Doom Eternal drops

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I always forget about how bullet spongey things get. It didnít seem as bad in 2 though. Am I misremembering?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Has anyone played apex legends lately? Wondering how the skill based matchmaking is working out, if I could get matched with more average or below avg players like myself it would be a lot more fun.

Game is really great I just feel too stressed trying to be competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Action-Bastard posted:

Is this a steam key or does it just launch off of social club? I was planning on buying RDR2 when it was on sale.

Not interested in using the epic game store.

Gmg does rockstar social club for rdr2, at least when I bought it. The website will have an icon showing which key you get.