Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

My Xbone tag is PeterXDinklage but I don't play that often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

madeintaipei posted:

Wait. Does the streak carry on if you log into R* Social Club or do you actually have to play the game?

You have to play long enough to finish a daily challenge

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Memento posted:

Australian possums sound like someone accidentally summoned a loving eldritch horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHulXzuc_9Y

If you didn't know it was just a small-ish, harmless marsupial and you heard that noise, would you assume you were going to survive the night?

Knowing what I know about Australia “assume I won’t survive the night” is going to be my default no matter what

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Turns out exploiting youth and enthusiasm like pinstriped vampires is good for the bottom line for the short term that matters until the capital moves on

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

No you see nobody is implementing these harmful policies on purpose there’s just no other possible way to do business. It’s the price you pay to work in fields you prefer like grocery stockboy and fast food.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

There was a solid month or two when I was getting a couple hours of Wildlands in every night with Flanker, just unwinding and shooting the breeze about dumb work crap and crashing helicopters. Did you know if the passenger of a Little Bird deploys a drone, it goes straight into the rotor and totals the chopper? Neither did I until I blew one up

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Big fan of my horses Plorp and Big Douglas

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

GTA 4 is the only one I’ve played and I bounced off it HARD.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

There are only so many times I can listen to COUSIN I AM SICK OF THE KILLING on my way to another mission where the game forces me to kill a bunch of people.

IM ALSO SICK OF IT NIKO.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I have keys for:

Shadow of War
Two Points Hospital
Street Fighter V

I'll give them out via Steam whenever I get back from work.

Any chance I could get Shadow of War? My steam url is https://steamcommunity.com/id/69ZacEfron420Ever

Internet Wizard fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 3, 2020

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Gonna second the “holy crap RDR2 has actual literal chores” critique. Stop getting in the way of the fun parts, game!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

My fiancé’s dogsitting this weekend for a house with a PlayStation VR and you better believe I’m gonna mess with that

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

A sleeper cell of terrorists True Patriots waiting for the right moment to strike and establish control of major cities in the midst of a disaster would usually be the bad guys in most stories

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I tried getting into Disgaea 1 back in the day but the art schewing heavily towards the scantily-clad-ancient-demons-that-only-LOOK-like-young-girls was gross enough I bounced

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Imagine if no pvp

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I’ve been wanting to play H:ZD but don’t own a PS4 so now I get to pick it up on a steam sale and use the superior Xbox controller instead of a dual shok, and the devs get my money when they wouldn’t have normally. Win-win

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Go the full distance and make the save from new game also impact the events of Witcher 3

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Definitely don't go the Mass Effect 3 route where the character creator wasn't compatible with previous saves and would completely change the face you'd had in 1 and 2. It was bad enough the hex code that the creator in 2 generates for you gives you a completely different face in 3, as well as the slider settings being different. It was like they mandated hitting a shuffle button in your character for the conclusion of the trilogy.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

What's the generally recommended "stop doing story missions for a while and focus on the fun stuff" point of RDR2? I've got a lot more free time on my hands now that all my classes are online, so I figured I might as well play some more of this dang game. I got up to Chapter 4 in St Denis before burning out, so now I'm just sort of riding around doing stranger missions and filling in the map and avoiding story stuff.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Bring back that terrorist hunt co-op mode too, except nuts to the last mission where you gotta fight your buddy that was lame

It is! He also voiced Sam in Wildlands in that... kinda iffy surprise mission cause ouch that poo poo was painful if you screwed up once. There's some article floating around where he wasn't super thrilled in the direction the writers were taking Sam for Blacklist, so between that and having two different cancers at once () he took a break from voice work.

The Predator and the Splinter Cell missions for Wildlands weeeeeeeeeeere not fun.

I think both took Flanker and I an hour or two each when they came out.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The Pred fight you just have to hunker down at a certain tree trunk and stay in cover there the whole time. If you start running around and try to hunt it and/or have fun you're going to die.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Khaki Campbell ducks are better than chickens don't at me

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

Ok I'm going to come clean I'm scared the forums will shut down so I'm trying to hunt down discords for TFR and AI/CA.

Check the date

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Hell just look at TFR from about 2015-2018, and how much of that trash is still posting here

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Doom is good workout music too

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The secret is that FF has always had bad writing, you were just a child and didn’t realize it until the later games

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

5er posted:

I'ma stand my ground that it isn't a nostalgic bias thing to be tired of tropey anime poo poo that is even more purestrain than ever because Japanese publishers, be they cartoon media or video game based, just want to use the same formula over and over because it's reliable money.

It's exactly nostalgic bias because you're saying this started after the Good Games which just happened to come out during your childhood, and aren't a practice that's been making fat stacks of cash around the world for decades

The Rock has played approximately 2 characters in the 21st century, it's not a uniquely Japanese thing

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

5er posted:

Storytelling is formulaic, therefore the same six loving personalities replayed for thirty years are totally not stale. OK guys.

That’s the opposite of what we’re saying.

We’re saying that Final Fantasy has always been bland and formulaic with a sprinkling of inscrutable mysticism from the start. It’s not a new level of decay achieved at some point between the release of FF7 and you reaching adulthood.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

And/or Eric Prince

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I didn't think I was this old already but honestly I've hated almost every type of HARDMODE game for years now. Just let me have fun

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Congrats on your promotion, Staff Corporal

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Wanna get on this bandwagon. I love these wild themed x-com runs.

I had one run get messed up because I installed a bunch of mods that added aliens from like mass effect and crap but it was mostly armor cosmetics so I’d get randomly generated dudes with Salarian heads and Miranda’s rear end

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Extremely here for this. Is that a jedi robe?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

5er posted:

Closest thing to a robe of any sort I could find. I was hoping for a bathrobe or anything, as there's some real goofy poo poo out there, but alas.

You're giving me some incredible ideas for a mashup tactical larp/wizard larp halloween 3gun match costume

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1252069633579876352

Fox has actually got pretty good form, it seems like.

Not with that dainty little teacup he's got

5er posted:

So far I've had two deployments subequent to the opening mission, with everybody surviving. I have played *extremely* conservative. A lot of slowly crawling up the landscape with overwatch, never digging into the fog of war without a stealthed character, and a lot of falling back to lure enemies into ambushes and reduce the number of actions they can practically take.

My worst mistakes in Xcom always come from when a mission is going really well and I'll get cocky enough to dig into the fog and end up triggering like 5 clusters of dudes to just go on a rampage with their free moves I can't do anything about

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I wish I could say recuperating in a military hospital was off brand for me but it is uncannily accurate

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Buddy don't try to act like you didn't put tits on a snake

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Memento posted:

That's a funny way to spell Bad Company 2

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The next wave of MCU is stuff like Shang-Chi, a Taika Waititi directed Jane Foster Thor, and a Dr Strange movie featuring Scarlet Witch, as well as a sequel to Black Panther and Captain Marvel so we're in for a few years of solid women and minority centric action movies that are custom built to piss off garbage nerds

Also the Black Widow movie featuring Hopper from Stranger Things that was supposed to come out this spring but got pushed back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

chairface posted:

The stakes are also often hard to take seriously. Part of what made Heath Ledger's Joker seem actually menacing is that he's robbing banks, murdering individual people, threatening to blow up a ferry full of people. Not "ALL OF NEW YORK CITY AT ONCE VIA MAGIC BLUE LIGHT" or whatever. Reducing the scale of the threat makes it actually more threatening in a lot of ways. Jason Voorhees may not have the raw bodycount of even the flu, but the retail-level threat is what makes him scary to us irl low value targets.

If reducing the scale of the stakes is important to you perhaps the Antman movies would appeal to your sensibilities