Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

The first firearm I ever shot was a Beretta 92F, largely due to Counter-Strike

It was at an indoor range in Burbank, CA. Loading that single dumb 10-round mag they gave us with one's fingats sure was annoying!

Still want to shoot a P(S)90 because of GoldenEye though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Memento posted:

Australian possums sound like someone accidentally summoned a loving eldritch horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHulXzuc_9Y

If you didn't know it was just a small-ish, harmless marsupial and you heard that noise, would you assume you were going to survive the night?

That sounds like something this would make:

and not something that actually looks like this:

Oz is truly bizarro-land

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

priznat posted:

Oh no...

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed til september (2020)

Ah well. Make a good game without grinding employees into a red paste is more important really.

Hopefully this is also to alleviate crunch, but I'm okay with CDPR delaying releases. Worked out great for The Witcher 3, at least

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Geez, what a horrible person. Curry ketchup is bomb

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

It's time for me to start playing games years past their heyday, as I am wont to do.

Reading the resurrected Duke Nukem Forever thread gave me a terrible idea, and $8 later I started the game up. Before the first logos even appear in the intro videos, I feel embarrassed for having this game on my computer.

In better games news, I finally started playing Horizon Zero Dawn after having owned the disc, unopened, for a year and a half now. I'm impressed at how solid the gameplay and graphics are. Looking forward to putting many hours into this one.

Reminds me, I need to play Prey one of these days...

edit: sometimes I play games in a relatively timely manner. Here's my latest, recent achievement:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

5er posted:

More irony on top of that, is that I really got the gently caress into Gwent in Witcher 3. I loved it.

Have you tried the standalone online Gwent game? Or the singleplayer Thronebreaker? I started the latter a couple of times and found it pretty neat but haven't been able to play it all the way through

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

My friend was talking about Jedi: Fallen Order combining his Force and lightsaber abilities to do all kinds of murder upon others, and also the range of customizations available for said lightsaber. I loved Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight back in the day, so should I also get Jedi: Fallen Order if I'm looking for a good vwing simulator in the spirit of Jedi Knight?

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hachi fuckin machi

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I already have the too-expensive computer setup (lol RTX 2080 attached to 1080p60 TV ), and I kinda want the Valve Index, but it's currently unobtanium and will be for even longer than initially expected due to COVID-19 messing up the supply chain

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

There was some chatter about the Valve Index ITT, so I thought I'd share this:

Email from Steam posted:

Thank you for your interest in the Valve Index.

Valve Index VR kits will be available for purchase this Monday (March 9th) starting at 10 AM PDT (5 PM UTC).

Visit this page to order

Due to high demand, we expect available stock to sell out on Monday. All purchases beyond this initial quantity will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received, as supplies increase over the coming months.

I'm still on the fence on dropping the kilodollar on this though...

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Those nail gun guys can get hosed, although I did dunk on one pretty hard with my firestarter sawed off loaded with explosive buckshot and that was funny

Some not Doom news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24jDIftu97s

fuckin finally a release date

Dang, that looks pretty neat, and the story seems pretty okay too without veering too hard into Orientalism. I'm also delighted to see the cast (as announced so far) is predominantly Asian actors (and Japanese for the Japanese characters, and not-Japanese for the Mongol dude), too, which Sekiro can't claim (because of course this is something I think about; another game that made happy in this respect was Sleeping Dogs).

Wish there were an announcement for a PC port though Pretty sure my earlier-gen PS4 non-Pro won't render this game nearly as beautifully as seen in the trailer there

HappyCapybaraFamily fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 6, 2020

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

The first expansion pack for Control, "Foundation", should drop this month. Looks like they'll also finally release the season pass for Xbox and PC too. At least, I see them now listed on the Epic Store for PC

I wonder if they'll ever release the PS4-exclusive content for the other platforms (a couple outfits, the Hideo Kojima mission)

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/03/10/hermen-hulst-qa-interview-with-head-of-playstations-worldwide-studios/

PSB: Speaking of experimentation, there have been rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition that might be coming to PC… can you confirm or deny that?

HH: Yes, I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC this summer…. There will be more information coming from Guerrilla, from the new studio directors [Michiel van der Leeuw, JB van Beek, and Angie Smets] pretty soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I had just finally started playing HZ:D on PS4 a few weeks ago but have been on hiatus due to unexpectedly busy weekends. I will gladly continue the hiatus until the COVID-19 outbreak ends the summer to buy the PC version and start completely over.

The only bad thing is that this gives me false hope for a PC port of Ghost of Tsushima someday...

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

For real, I was goddamn impressed with the graphics even running on my non-Pro PS4. Excited to see how it'll look and play on my PC with needlessly powerful GPU that itself cost more used than a brand new PS4 Pro

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I think there were rumors of a new series of Ciri the Witcher games since Wild Hunt came out. Here's hoping this is the first step towards realizing those rumors

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Dang, Half-Life: Alyx is getting a lot of good ratings. Still not sure I want to spend $1050 to play it, especially with how uncertain things are right now

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Oh poo poo, you guys

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

Which one tho? I played both the saturn and xbox.

Good question. I'm hoping a remake of the original Saturn version

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

The Foundation DLC for Control is pretty neat. Thematically, it fits right in with the rest of the game and maintains the same high level of quality. There's a semi-hidden side quest that's a bit difficult and frustrating but overall. Took me four tries to clear it (no checkpoints ). Recommendation: Equip the personal mod that returns health upon successful Launch hits, a new mod introduced with this DLC.

I am probably just about halfway through the content but am already looking forward to new content in the next DLC.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

The secret is that FF has always had bad writing, you were just a child and didn’t realize it until the later games

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

5er posted:

I'ma stand my ground that it isn't a nostalgic bias thing to be tired of tropey anime poo poo that is even more purestrain than ever because Japanese publishers, be they cartoon media or video game based, just want to use the same formula over and over because it's reliable money.

I agree with you here. Related, I can't stand the writing in Breath of the Wild, either.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Hiro's journey.

+

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Micromancer posted:

I still cant believe how not at all hyped Prey seems as it never really hit my radar until a couple years after release. Definite good times. Needs some suspension of disbelief to really enjoy but all around I had a blast with it and would recommend it very highly. If you can find it and the DLC on sale for $20 or less you'd have to actively avoid getting your money back out of it.

I bought Prey + Mooncrash at a discount a little while ago and never even installed it. Last month, I found an eBay listing for Prey 2006 and am playing that now instead

I'll start Prey 2017 after I finish this, I promise!

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Folks in the know are kinda steamed at how much Ubi is getting wrong, especially for the suggested period if Alfred The Great is around, but I can be a big Norse woman with an axe and a raven and there's a settlement building thing like your fancy house in Brotherhood and that poo poo was hype so I'm more or less sold

Hell yeah, loved the Monteriggioni renovations and the recruiting of assassins, so Valhalla has me hyped for more of those.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

And if you have dress up features and an armor system that is beyond Costume A and costume B, the game should have transmog

This was honestly one of my favorite features in Odyssey

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Athletes rarely make good voice actors At least, that's my experience with the too-much Simpsons I watch.

CainFortea: I finished Prey (2006) and have started Prey (2017), as promised. The older game was pretty neat and had a decent plot. The slow movement speed with no sprint option was kind of annoying, though.

New Prey has already started with an even better story so far. Everyone saying it's like the newest System Shock game hit the nail on the head.

I have not played either System Shock or System Shock 2

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

Remind me to actually start it up finally, it's been sitting there waiting for me.

Also play Kassandra or

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

cheating piece of poo poo posted:

shadowbanned

He keeps using that word. I do not think it means what he thinks it means

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Oh okay. That's actually pretty funny

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

"According to [Assassin’s Creed Valhalla producer Julien] Laferriere, the map in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be slightly larger than Odyssey’s map."

Goddammit

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Nah, that mocap rumor was dispelled by Laura Bailey herself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LauraBaileyVO/status/1274062644442304512

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Hmm, Bannerlord is $40, RDR2 is $42, and I have parts for a new PC coming in the next week.
Also, all the new Wolfensteins (Wolfensteiner? Wolfensstein?) are in a big bundle for $31
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15435/Wolfenstein_Alt_History_Collection/

I only have The New Order so this seems like a deal to get the other three.

My preferred plural is Wolfens-stein.

Old Blood and New Colossus are definitely worth getting. Not sure if Youngblood is, though. I have it, but I haven't really gotten into it.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Oh yeah, New Order is definitely the best by far. He said he already had New Order, though, so I excluded it from my response.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I wonder what hardware that was running on. Chatter in the PC building world suggests my 4-core-no-hyperthreading CPU might be a little long in the tooth for the upcoming generation of AAA titles. Also curious to see how powerful the next generation of ray-tracing-capable GPUs will be.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

If your hardware is as capable or more capable than the current gen (or upcoming gen) of consoles, you're fine.

My RTX 2080 is probably similar to the upcoming generation in terms of rendering power, but I think their 8-core-SMT processors will certainly smoke my 4-core-no-SMT

I'm mostly trying to talk myself into a system upgrade that I probably don't need I'll do my best to wait and see how Cyberpunk runs before actually buying anything, though.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Wooooooooo

Pre-ordered just now. With the Road Trip Special, I saved $5 too

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Bored As gently caress posted:

Femshep bestonly shep

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

There is Shepard, and then there is boring manshep.

Always choose Shepard, never manshep.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

canyoneer posted:

In AC Odyssey, Kassandra is miles ahead on voice acting compared to Alexios. He sorta just grunts and shouts

I never did an Alexios playthrough, but I thoroughly enjoyed Kassandra's personality. Alexios as an NPC seemed okay though, but you are right about him mostly grunting and shouting, even then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Apparently the really bad take might be a really unfortunate mistranslation?

big bad PC Gamer article now updated posted:

In the initial translation, Badowski was recorded as stating "The key takeaway is that diversity... and the differing sensitivities and outlooks which result from it, must not lead to conflict. In this way our team’s energy can be fully directed towards creation."

The updated version now reads "and the differing sensitivities and outlooks which result from it, are not leading to conflict." On the surface it's a tiny alteration, but it's one that does affect the meaning.