Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Akion posted:

Been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 story lately, after spending almost a month in Online.

It's good and you get to do stuff like feed klansmen to alligators.

I know it's tempting to kill the klansmen, but don't, let their scenarios play out, they're incredibly inept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

SSSSSSTTARRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ5YhrpUWzI

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Two animated guys (Ice Cream Sandwich and Noodle) talking about the crutch of VR, one from the perspective from someone who gets sick and other who doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzNuDIxPHq8

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Hardspace: Shipbreakers

Thought this looked interesting, you basically play a Somtaaw from Homeworld

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Feb 21, 2020

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Hands on gameplay of Hardspace: Shipbreaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaA0D21EoCQ

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, no, I'll 100% guarantee that they understand that and just want to squeeze nvidia's balls for a few extra bucks.

Either that or they want to roll their own streaming thing which, god, just imagine a Bethesda streaming service.

Bethesda is definitely making their own streaming service, they showed it off at last years E3. I think itís called Orion.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

priznat posted:

How have the updates helped the progression of Satisfactory? It is one I have had my eye on for a while but really EGS kept me away, not because of some religious hatred of it but just because they donít have a $CAD storefront. A very weak excuse overall I realize.

Steam version is coming within the month or so according to the devs.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Like, seriously. We've had THREE loving star wars games since they got it, one of them a dark horse that wasn't even developed by them, during the time when Star Wars poo poo was at its absolute peak as far as being in pop culture and relevant. How the loving poo poo are they not crapping out a title a month to get on that?

If I was a disney exec I'd be loving furious at this bullshit. Like, making a disney property synonymous with "developing gambling aimed at kids" is bad enough, but just from the standpoint of actually doing something relevant with the loving license.

They've cancelled more games then they've made at this point and for all the dumbest reason.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I saw the title Control immediately thought we were getting a new Ground Control...but we're never going to get a new one.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ja7W9Yjm8

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Watchdog? That feels more like a punishment more than a reward.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

https://youtu.be/p2qgIlpcZ1w

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z8Ccyo1B7A

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Usually I don't assume people are the thing they're accused until they're found guilty, but when people were accusing of Randy of being a pedo, I went, "Yep, that sounds like something he'd do."

It's not like this is his first time stealing money, he's done it several times before.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

If anyone is looking forward to FF7 remake, you might want hold off on that, because it's not a remake.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I honestly don't know to explain it without spoiling anything other than FF7 is NOT a remake.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Then could you spoil it in spoiler tags so that those of us who have no interest in playing it, but are interested in games in general can find out? Please?

Here is, read at your own risk! This FF7 is actually an alternate timeline in which the Sephiroth from Advent Children travels back in time to prevent the events of him failing in the first FF7, which causes a divergence that erases the first FF7 and everything spirals into Kingdom Heart level of story telling from there. The "Remake" in FF7 Remake is a reference to Sephiroth remake time, not that they're remaking the original FF7.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The whole thing kind of rubs me the wrong though, they're calling it a remake when it's not, for years they've hyping and telling everyone it's going to be very true to the original with only minor changed etc. The whole thing just feel so dishonest.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

priznat posted:

Speaking of remakes/remasters, I was listening to the Inside Gaming podcast this morning (I love podcasts when walking my dogs) and they had a reader question about what series/game would they like to see remakes of.. For me it would be Xwing/TIE Fighter, that could be frigging awesome. I'd dust off my usb joystick for that for SURE.

It would be pretty great, the flying stuff in the recent Battlefront was really good just make that a full game with more of a sim-y feel and I would be all over that, my god. Perhaps some controlling larger ships too, that'd be neat.

Criterion was building a space fighter sim demo to pitch to EA to let them make their own Star Wars game, they were told to basically gently caress off and then the demo was incorporated into Battlefront.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

I dunno, it looks pretty light to me.

Booooo.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

What's your source for this, because I honestly dont believe this at all.

Aussie who got it early and posting gameplay online, Goons talking about it in the FF7 game thread, you can even see parts of it in the FF7:R's own Final Trailer, etc etc.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Just because I dont know, what part of this trailer points to the game going off the rails and it not being true to the original?

The big ones is Sephiroth killing Barret and Midgar getting destroyed by meteor...then restored by the Whispers of Fate (AKA, the ghost time-cops).

E: Look, I'm sorry, but I'm not making this up. You can view all this stuff on video streaming site everywhere. I wish it was otherwise, but it is what it is.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 6, 2020

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Arrath posted:

MH:W is the only one I've ever played, and the SwAxe is life.

Why yes I would like to climb onto your back, stab you, and zap the hell out of you with my exploding sword, thank you very much.

drat straight, my fellow explosive chainsaw brother!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Looking at this XCOM: Chimera Squad seems like a cash in to me.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I never want the Doom/Animal Crossing meme to ever die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4lz8MN6MQA

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Jim Sterling is someone with whom I generally agree when I've seen any of his material, but holy hell are his videos grating. It's like he edits his content to make it as obnoxious and irritating as possible.

It wasn't always like that, he start doing it around the time he began incorporating copyrighted material into his video so companies can't monetize his none-monetized videos.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Internet Wizard posted:

The next wave of MCU is stuff like Shang-Chi, a Taika Waititi directed Jane Foster Thor, and a Dr Strange movie featuring Scarlet Witch, as well as a sequel to Black Panther and Captain Marvel so we're in for a few years of solid women and minority centric action movies that are custom built to piss off garbage nerds

Also the Black Widow movie featuring Hopper from Stranger Things that was supposed to come out this spring but got pushed back

I'm okay with all that except Captain Marvel, she's is soooooo boringly dull, especial the MCU version of her.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Akion posted:

Anyone play/played Phantom Doctrine? It looks X-Com-ish and set in the cold war. Also on sale.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/559100/Phantom_Doctrine/

It's XCOM with none of the polish, several order of magitude more grind, a much smaller pool of maps, and battles that can take hours.

I do no recommend purchasing it even when it's dirt cheap.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 27, 2020

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

He looks like someone you'd cast as a pedo, a meth addict, or Not Alan Moore on a b-tier CSI spin-off.

Ask yourself this, what's worst, the fact that he might be one of those people, or the fact that he wants to be seen as one of those people?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

So that gameplay trailer for Viking's Creed was a wet fart and more of an in-engine sizzle reel all of a minute and a half

So gently caress that have this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MzIbWbMFi0

The gameplay walkthrough of it does not inspire confidence unfortunately.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

You play a game about mining? You miss work that much?

You can never play too much Deep Rock Galactic.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I knew Sony was using a holding company to issue DMCA takedowns literally against anyone on youtube who mention anything about Last of Us 2 spoilers through bots, but this is just stupid.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Fearless posted:

Or the machine gun that looked like a Vickers but was chambered in 5.56mm. There's no way a gun that huge and clunky should shoot a cartridge that light, especially since we know M-4s exist elsewhere!

It's also a assault rifle. Also the combat rifle and shotgun are the same weapon.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man gently caress Take-Two Interactive.

[url] https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-06-03/kerbal-space-program-2-release-disrupted-by-corporate-strife

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

5er posted:

And people think we need to just gut regulations entirely because industry leaders are totally ethical and are being held back by evil ol' big gubbamint.

Video game industry is a great example as to why the concept of the invisible hand of the free market is complete and utter garbage. Currently it's basically the wild west as far as laws are concerned and is almost entirely unregulated because the vast majority of people, whom pass laws, are too old to care because they don't understand electronic media, brush it off because they consider it a "children's play thing," or because no vested interest in it. It's why the biggest push for regulation are all young senators and governors, but are still overlook because the vast majority of politicians are in their 60s or older.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

5er posted:

How much of a hassle is the pvp / grief in Sea of Thieves?

I don't follow, that's the whole point of the game.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh and then you get into the fiction which makes WH40k books look like Shakespeare.

I will never understand why Dan Abnett doesn't write movie scripts.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 8, 2020

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Sony Video Conference just dropped.

E: Has an alright line-up with all things said and done.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 11, 2020

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Nuts to that, give me a new Armored Cored game already FromSoftware!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

This better not be some multiplayer bullshit.

Just give me a good campaign. Thatís all I ask.

Interview are out, it's multiplayer bullshit made from garbage bits from Battlefront 2.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 13, 2020