Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Edit:
Just gonna quote crazy deal

BeAuMaN posted:

Yoshi's Crafted World (digital, code e-mailed to you) for Nintendo Switch showing up as $1 in cart. Go go go go (supposed to be $40, AAA Title)
https://www.target.com/p/yoshi-39-s-crafted-world-nintendo-switch-digital/-/A-79405697

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

I was waiting on RDR2 to go on sale on Steam, but I've decided "gently caress it" and I'm getting it after I get paid over the weekend.

I use isthereanydeal for game price tracking. It was one sale on steam during through Jan 2nd at $47.99, and it was at its lowest price on GreenManGaming at $42.23 through Jan 3rd
https://isthereanydeal.com/game/reddeadredemptionii/info/

isthereanydeal doesn't factor in coupon codes iirc (but they will show them), and GMG had a 5% running through the end of last year. They also don't factor in any discounts like from GMG VIP program or Humble Bundle's subscriber discount. And of course they don't show Amazon on their price history graph because Amazon will cut off their affiliate money if they do.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cross compatibility is the dream but apparently software update approvals for consoles is a pain in the rear end, and so they tend to do updates slower. That would probably mess with saves too.,

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

With the understanding that crunch sucks and I want companies to treat their employees well, I'm OK with delays like this from a purely selfish, consumer standpoint.

From a standpoint of pure, selfish self-interest I would much rather play a fully developed, fully finished, full realized game six months later than one that's crashing all the time and missing neat features because they had to run it out for a deadline.
I mean yeah, delays have lead to Star Citizen being the great game that it is today.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

^
Would definitely recommend someone picking up Crawl from the list above to people who can do local multiplayer (or I guess that steam play together thing that does fake local co-op). Also best greenlight trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3xrqjTyes

AI is pretty good too but nothing is more fun than ruining friendships like you're playing Mario Party 64 again.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

CainFortea posted:

I recently got a humble bundle to support the fire fighting efforts in Australia. Turns out, the game I REALLY wanted in the bundle was one I already had in steam so womp womp me.

I took a few, but there's still a lot of games I have no interest in playing.

Here's how this will work. I'm going to list them here. If you want one, reply quoting my post and edit out all the other games except the one you want. I will PM you the steam key. If you don't have PMs, find a buddy who does and list their forums name on the post and i'll PM them the key and they can get it to you however you want. If you don't have PMs and are in one the various chats with me, I can PM you in that chat just make your post here first, then message me off site. I'm not sending emails out.

After a week i'm just putting all the keys up in this post and washing my hands of it.

Hand of Fate 2

Edit: Reminder that i'm keeping this list up to day and striking off what's been claimed. This sunday i'm just going to edit in all the steam keys and i'm not tracking it anymore so ya'all can grab any seconds that you want.

I'll take Hand of Fate 2 please. The first one was decent and the reviews look promising.

Edit: Thank you!

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 21, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

5er posted:

I'd hop on 50% off of the standard edition; no need to pay extra for a bunch of poo poo in the online edition I will never touch or see.

Well there's also special edition which has extra content for single player afaik?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Picked up Witcher 3 GOTY and Convoy as I forgot to pick up Witcher last time... though my internet has been upgraded so that helps too with such a massive game (I've gone from 1.5mbps to 7mbps).

Edit: Thanks again for Hand of Fate 2. It's been a nice little romp so far. Been dumping a good amount of time into it.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 24, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also the girls are a bit annoying. It's like a pair of fistbumb McDudebro's ended up in 18 year old girls bodies. It feels like the people who developed their characters just watched ever episode of TMNT and ran with that.

Yeah but which TMNT series? There's like four animated series now and one live action.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

You must test your son to determine his worth. Set him through Witcher 3, and report back to us whether he's with Triss or Yennefer.

Bet the kid wound end up with neither.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Capn Beeb posted:

Me traveling back in time to inform folks of runaway video game bloat, microtransactions, loot boxes, and tacked on PvP afterthought modes

*dunks* Red Dead Redemption 2 will be 150GB, Shadow of War will be 120GB

*checks the ball* Bethesda will have no idea how to market Doom in 2016, and it will take Nvidia presenting a tech demo of their new rendering engine using mouse and keyboard to win people over

Going to leave them to still experience Star Citizen and the Mechwarrior Online Founder's campaign?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

Watch some streams of people playing it. It's seriously mediocre. The graphics are average, the gameplay is . . . . eh, and the plot is boiler plate as all gently caress. It's just kind of tepid.
This sounds on par for PGI

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Apparently GMG is handing out 15% off vouchers to VIP folk to give to their friends to use on Preording Mount & Blade II Bannerlord... I don't typically recommend preordering but if anyone is going to preorder it anyway can feel free to have a voucher. They gave me 6, so uh... quote this post and let me know if you want it? Voucher will be good through 4/5/2020 23:59 UTC
(They also gave me 16% off doom eternal vouchers if anyone wants those but I think some other sites had better or pretty drat close deals).

Also have to say I've been watching the videos and man Bannerlord looks really loving boss.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

They probably should have considered having a preorder option.

That sounds like an idea that's fully fleshed out and functional. That doesn't track with Mount & Blade's previous development history (as much as I love the game).

I picked it up on Greenman Gaming and had no fuss, though ~70 gigs is going to take a long time for me to download.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

CainFortea posted:

I would like an actual remake of Legend of the Dragoon. That'd be awesome.

I just wanted Seiken Densetsu 3/Trials of Mana to be ported to steam with minimal improvements and full on steam netplay integration. Instead they decided to "remake" it with 3d graphics and drop co-op multiplayer altogether even co-op is part of what defined this jrpg in the first place.

I just have good memories loading this up in an emulator on a laptop or desktop back when the fan translation came out in... was it 2000?... and playing with friends on shared keyboard

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Bannerlord Banner Editor:
https://bannerlord.party/banner/

code:
17.1.51.1836.1836.768.788.1.0.-30.500.143.116.422.441.772.794.1.0.0.342.60.116.394.395.1090.816.1.1.90.342.60.116.394.395.452.818.1.0.270.510.143.116.40.76.528.772.1.0.-90

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Ophidian posted:

Iíve been watching play through and the goatse banner may have sold it
I've been having a lot of fun but boy is the game rough (as would be expected of TaleWorlds). I haven't had any crashes on my GTX 770 system but I've only done one large battle. However, other people are getting crashes, though I think it may be related to loading mods. Like really necessary mods, such as:

Set XP Gain mod: 5x xp has been said to be around the right speed, since leveling is kind of a slot atm.
Dialogue Boxes: Because it's better than loading a room or whatever with the character just to speak to them and then load back to where you were.
Removing Smithing Stamina: For some reason to blacksmith you need to rest in town to recover stamina to do more blacksmithing... yet your army still costs money to pay.
Mods that fix troop stats: Some troop stats aren't correct.
Crossbow mod: Lowest (or only crossbow) requires 20 skill, so if you don't have 20 skill then you can't use a crossbow. Mod fixes that.

However, I've been having a lot of fun faffing about. Just needs to be said that it's rough.

Looks like Savemi is the cheapest at $37.95 if you still want to take the plunge
https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=mountandbladeiibannerlord

Guillermus posted:

Ooooh, even the ring.
Forgot that initially (and had the hands where the thumbs were upward) but a goon pointed that out. I had just woken up at the time to be fair.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 5, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

I'm still pissed off Secret of Mana 2 never got a real release until like 2 weeks from now
If it doesn't have co-op it's not a real release

Also yeah I've been playing Bannerlord everyday. It's janky but great. No crashes thus far... had an infinite loading issue on one siege but that cleared up. No broken saves yet but I haven't played today.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Also archers clown on practically everything. Horse archers do so even more since they're mobile so you dont need infantry to protect them (khuzait noble line of horse archers are really boss). Best archers in the game iirc are the battanian(sp?) line of noble archers.

Crossbow troops have been underpowered. Weirdly they do blunt damage instead of of piercing.

They just issued a new beta patch though that fixes a lot of the troop trees. Haven't tried it yet.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 11, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Akion posted:

Sieged my first city in Bannerlord last night. I save scummed a bit to learn the lesson of "Build your towers and ram first in case an enemy army comes to gently caress with you" but eventually got it.

Then the fuckers in my empire voted to give it to someone else. Thanks guys!

On the upside, I was randomly given a castle earlier in the game that I had no part in capturing.

Grats. Beta branch just did a fix on sieges with AI using siege equipment:

quote:

Combat AI

A critical bug that caused AI in sieges to act unexpectedly and possibly cause crashes, if the player was aiding a side (being a separate ally team during the siege mission), was fixed.
A critical bug that caused AI pathfinding to almost always reset its path when moving from static to dynamic navmeshes and vice versa, which caused performance issues and agents not being able to climb siege towers correctly, was fixed
Incorrect ordering of mission behaviours caused a team's general to be deselected at the ďchoosing formation to leadĒ stage of army sieges. This was fixed.
AI that should've attacked the inner gate after breaking the outer gate with the ram in a siege tried to run into the castle over ladders because they chose the reverse side of the gate to stand and wait for reinforcing those that attacked the gate due to a bug. This was fixed.
Fixed a bug that occurred especially when armies were far away from each other and caused agents to run towards the enemy when given the order to retreat.
Removed unnecessary pathfinding calls by the AI that caused performance issues especially in sieges without impact on the decisions they were trying to make.

It'll probably be in the mainline patches by next week (best to wait for that, as I hear the economy is actually completely broken in beta because of the complex economy and them having bandits prioritizing attacking caravans more has caused settlements to go completely broke).

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

The Eyes Have It posted:

I finally got around to installing and playing Battletech and am I right that this game doesn't have a how to play tutorial? That's shocking in this day and age.

And what's the difference between Campaign and Career? I did a skirmish and barely won, still can't figure out what half the poo poo on the screen means or even where heat and damage are indicated. I'm baffled at how a game like this in 2020 can pull off "grab the manual and start readin' if you want to play".

Campaign should have the story campaign, while Career should not have that. Start with Campaign.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I was expecting something like that or metal armor Ned Kelly . That's awesome.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

do me too lol

Pretty soon this is going to turn into a TFR Let's Play thread with overflow characters.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

It's okay; you have to wear a Yellow tracksuit but you can paint the gun purple.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Action-Bastard posted:

In all honesty they need to change how the game handles projectiles being stuck in bodies/objects because I had to fight a battle with a javelin sticking out of my face so I couldn't see what was directly in front of me.

I like the image though. Maybe make them transparent or partially transparent from the player's camera when they're stuck out of the player's avatar.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Memento posted:

That's a funny way to spell Bad Company 2

You mean Battlefield 2142?

Edit: For me Battlefield is about it being a big toybox where you take your toys and smash them into each other. 2142 really laid into this, also had good voice like BF2, expanded on exp earning and ranks from 2, expanded on squad and commander management, and then just went big into vehicles and FLOATING loving FORTRESSES. And those fortress fights were REALLY INTENSE, and commanders moving them around was hilarious. I also liked sniping mechs with my anti-tank sniper rifle.

This is the game that needs a remake/sequel.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 25, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If anyone knows how to get the technical aspects sorted I would totally run a 2142 server out of my apartment for a night.

Iíve paid to set up BC2 servers in the past, too, and have a UT2k4 server running right now, but I donít think any services still do 2142 so Iíd have to run it off my laptop or something.

I looked this up the other day and apparently there is a service (after Battlfield Revive got shut down by EA lawyers) called 2142 Reclamation that has servers running, and also a Remaster mod with HD textures and new weapons or something.
https://battlefield2142.co/

Would have to find the game download though since it's not sold anywhere due to it being tied to Gamespy and that being shut down.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

3 servers with 2 players, ehhh. Not very promising.

I mean, before we organize and goonrush it, sure. Looks like they tend to link the game download in their discord.
https://discord.gg/MEwBW9U

And apparently this is the server tool: https://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-2142/downloads/bf2142-server-patch

Thing is I have odd late hours so it's always been hard for me to play with fellow goons.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 26, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Guillermus posted:

Is BF2142 working well on modern machines? Like not looking like rear end on widescreen resolutions.

Been downloading and trying to install. From what I can tell there's Reclamation and Remaster. Remaster is a mod to try and update the textures and everything along with new weapoins, while Reclamation is the attempt just to get the servers going again. Still installing to figure out if everything has gone to remaster yet or not.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Action-Bastard posted:

Got to end game in Bannerlord last night, multiple kingdoms declared war on me after I steamrolled a few cities.

Decided to take a break and let some updates accumulate and come back to it, probably start a new game then.

Early Access aside, Bannerlord gets an A. Huge improvement over Warband and im looking forward to where it goes from here.

Yeah generally speaking this is how I feel. Not sure if I could recommend it out the gate like this to someone that doesn't already love Mount & Blade until it gets some more updates but it's been a lot of fun.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Action-Bastard posted:

I married her daughter and then wiped out her kingdom. The relations and honor penalty is way too extreme for executions.

Married Mesui's daughter Svana of the Khergits. Eventually left kingdom with one city and three castles (that was a mistake, huge rep hits) to reform Empire. Then invited Mesui to leave as a lord under my rulership and she took her holdings with her. Kind of difficult since her holdings are way the hell out there but I planned to work my way north through Khergit territory anyway since most of them hate me so there's no reason to recruit them. I'm mostly recruiting Aserai lords that I fought previously since releasing them a bunch of times built up a lot of good rep.

Also very close to getting Disciplinarian finally. Bandits convert to noble line soldiers (Is this a coincidence? ) so I've got a bunch of Steppe Bandits I've captured that I'll be converting over to noble line horse archers..

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 28, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

mllaneza posted:

In the four years I did hardware repair, three of my favorite tickets were HP towers where the power button had gotten misaligned on its spring and stuck in place. It's just a matter of popping off the front bezel and fiddling with it, but it's something *I* actually *fixed*. Replacing a bad logic board isn't the same feeling, that's replacing something that's broken, not fixing it.

That's the trade-off with miniaturized electronics and cheap disposable parts.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

BIG CRUNCH! The cereal that writhes.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

Meanwhile Saving Private Ryan doesn't have Vin Diesel use a landing craft to do a 2 sick 2 nasty drift across the beach, clearing landing obstacles, then catapult out of it when a mine blows up underneath it and zipline through the gun slit of a bunker to throat punch a Nazi before growling "No body threatens my family, goosstepper."
Release the Vin Diesel cut

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

FYI mech warrior 5 is on xbgp now. It looks like of meh and hasnít gotten great reviews at launch but for free why not?

Iím a giant BT/MW nerd and decided to wait until the EGS exclusivity was up and it got cheap on steam. Iíll be checking it out so hopefully itís decent enough

"Meh" is about what to expect from PGI (That's assuming they've learned a lot from how they handled MW:O), but you know that

Yeah I ended up picking up BattleTech for about $15 $10.39 right after launch because of an Amazon Price Mistake and it really was one of the best purchases. I don't play it all the time but I sunk a lot of hours into it and sometimes I'll just float back in and start a new campaign.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 8, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Lazy Robot posted:

Oh god, what have I done with my life.

Looks like you've lasted longer than 5 years in the game industry. I hear that's an achievement in itself. Congrats

(I don't think I've played any of these particular titles)

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Lazy Robot posted:

Yeah, I've been with Raven for the last six years, before that I did a stint with Activision. Overall I think my shipped titles are something like 30+, but when you are QA it's easy to rack up those numbers.

Oh that's neat. I've heard QA has really high turnover, and there's very little in the way of QA retention. Is that something that has changed, or are you just really good at breaking things?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Capn Beeb posted:

Warzone news:

lol

Couldn't they just get google numbers? or FreedomPop or some other free phone plans?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

22 Eargesplitten posted:

You play a game about mining? You miss work that much?

But then there's Deep Rock Galactic, which is just dwarves extracting as much mineral wealth and/or salvage as possible while burning down bugs and booking it out of there before they get overtaken. Just came out of Early Access the other day. Been digging back into it lately.

I'll have to remember to link it when the next sale happens (or set an alert). Probably the game with the most chill pubbies I've met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Shooting Blanks posted:

Anyone that's interested in Chimera Squad should head over to greenmangaming, it's <$10 right now.
$9.20 to be exact.
$8.80 if you are a GMG VIP.

As a non-X-COM player Chimera Squad is a good distraction if a little short, had a lot of fun and the characters and their interactions are adorable. Game has bugs; needs patch, however game did not give me any issues other than 2 out of 54 missions had a crash or were impossible to complete until reloaded (Game auto-saves and you can manual save whenever so no big deal).

Very much worth the $8.50 I spent on it.

Edit: They could make $8 DLCs with NEW ADVENTURES and I'd be totally on board to buy.

P.S. Also buy Deep Rock Galactic but it's not on sale right now so probably wait.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 20, 2020