Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

ThinkFear posted:

Post the gats you bought because of videogames.

New Vegas fueled my desire for a lever gun. 336SC in 35 rem. Chopped to 16", Brockman winged front sight, XS rear sight. Little bit of pic rail for a microdot when I'm feeling spicy.

This is one of those rare times that a pistol gripped and round lever looks good, drat

I used New Vegas as a test bed for turning a 590 into a trench gun

Turned out pretty good

Mossberg give me royalties I see you biting my style with your 590 retrograde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

priznat posted:

Why was Triss bad? I am 100% Yennifer but I must have missed something. I tune most of the mage bla bla bla stuff out though.

I went back to play some more and I thought my weird scars from Gunter had been removed but they seem to be back and I hate it

Triss gaslit Geralt non stop because she'd been wanting him for herself for ages and saw an opportunity with his memory loss to fill his head with bunk. Friends don't do that, assholes do that.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I hope Rockstar gives Red Dead Online the director's tools like GTA Online got, I can only do so much with cutscene camera angles

that face when some creepy old dude is all oh no please retrieve my property by which I mean my wife who is several decades younger than me

Where's the button that lets me plunge my jawbone knife in your guts

Also I was the only person who voted to let the woman run off with the nicer, younger, less creepy man. Sometimes you yeehaw, sometimes you yeenaw.

Edit:

https://i.imgur.com/7J7ToDU.mp4

Just straight up stabbing you with my eyes don't mind me

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 11, 2020

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb0-I8FkUWU

Holy poo poo this is cool

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

And the games that are fun I've already got on the PC. Like yeah sure Hollow Knight on the go would be rad but... ya know. PC.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Y'all stressing about the trigger discipline when the hammer is down

It's fiiiiine

Also here's someone that managed the impossible and pet a cat

Doing challenges in single player when "Get a $250 bounty in one state"

Arthur said gently caress Rhodes.

What button do I press to leave Micah in jail

Edit:

I really like the flower guy's horse

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 13, 2020

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Y'all

Ben Davis, the voice actor for Dutch, posted his mom's adventures with RDR2

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

What's funny is you can discover Dutch knows he's full of poo poo and his plans are for naught. If you go poking around at the second camp you can find speech notes where it's all "make some reference to monkeys or something iunno"

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Soupisgood posted:

So far the most fun I have had in RDR2 is waiting by a river, lassoing people and rifling through their pockets for alms for the poor before dragging them into the water and singing "Shall We Gather by the River" to celebrate their baptism.

Then you can go fishing to gain your honor back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDQyeWIGAJc

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

3 brought a surprisingly good co-op horde mode to the party wherein you can play as Ice-T with a gold plated space gun with a chainsaw bayonet and curbstomp aliens, also if you shoot them in the face he's all HA HA, YA HEAD'S GONE

Didn't play 4, apparently 5 is honestly not bad?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

They ever fix the hammerburst? Thing was perfect in gears 1

Also here's some pics

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Action-Bastard posted:

I only played Gears 1 once and briefly. I was visiting a friend and playing the Xbox360 for the first time ever and trying out his games. My reaction to Gears of War was "meh" and spend the rest of my time at his place playing Viva Pinata.

Viva Pinata was weird in that five minutes with it and I'm drat near passed out. Only other game to do that to me was Don't Starve.

Wish I knew how that worked cause holy poo poo either game is stronger than any sleep aid I've ever tried.

Thermos posted:

Gears 3 is probably my favorite. The story had some cool moments and the multiplayer was nearly perfect IMO. Then in 4 they took out all the stuff I enjoyed because the hardcore playerbase just wants to roll around with gnashers.

I knew folks that'd mark the center of their screen and just turbo sprint everywhere with the gnasher, poo poo got really old really fast.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPT5qg7WRb0

also fyi if you dead eye an arrow or other projectile weapon i.e. a tomahawk it'll track the target

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hey nerds, Ubisoft is doing a big rear end sale wherein you can get the Super Ultra Ultimate Omega Turbo 64 edition of Division 2 for a whopping $18. That's down from $120

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah the snow would've been nice, it'd let my character look like an even bigger jackass

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

priznat posted:

I always forget about how bullet spongey things get. It didnít seem as bad in 2 though. Am I misremembering?

It got better in Div 2, as the sponge enemies in 1 could only be negated by very specific builds. Of course the usual rebuttal is "hurr burr it's diablo with guns hurrr"

A fresh char in diablo can clear out a crowd with a couple of clicks so hmmm.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah I've never done a Destiny raid, everything about the puzzle mechanics to them feels extremely loving tedious.

That and I'm a bit self conscious about being the new person and slowing down the works, I just wanna shoot things in the face with my sun gun and make pretty lights

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The thing with Division having builds you can do to negate the sponges hinges on you dealing with sponges to get them in the first place. Then they're only viable until pissbabies on reddit yell about ~*The Meta*~ and the devs cave to their whims.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah the servers are getting hit with all the sales folks jumping in

Also holy gently caress peep this

https://twitter.com/doom_txt/status/1218931201487958017

We Pacific Rim now

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sneaking around with a suppressed SVD and ringing domes in Wildlands was extremely fun, especially once you figured out the over exaggerated bullet drop.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Akion posted:

Look up how to get the white Arabian. It's by a lake up north and is pretty much the best horse in game.

The white Arabian is fast, but that's about it. It's extremely skittish and doesn't have much health. The Missouri Fox Trotter on the other hand is nearly as fast, doesn't get spooked by twigs, and has tons of health and stamina.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Action-Bastard posted:

My horse is filthy and I need a brush

You need to do a couple of Hosea missions for the game to let you use the livery for... some drat reason. You'll get a brush there.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

No prob Basically do all the yellow and white missions in chapter 2, then a few more in chapter 3, then the game is more or less opened up for free roaming.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hot take: The rifle category is largely useless (save for the classic M1A), and being able to toggle between semi and auto/burst would be much better

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Action-Bastard posted:

Also the trailer for Hellblade 2 looked intense

I'm excited for what Heilung does with the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TR0gaG01do

Also the last Tomb Raider was pretty irritating with that big community hub camp thing, like drat lemme get out and poke around tombs and poo poo and stab folks with my ice axe

Though you could pet an alpaca and that's nice

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

So, with RDR2, is it just impossible to get perfect skins off some animals or what, because I'm shooting Grizzlies with express rounds from my Springfield and it's taking three shots and I'm getting 1 stars off them for my trouble.

Try high velocity out of the Springfield, that might work. I think slugs out of shotguns will get perfect pelts if you hit 'em in the head, too.

Failing that, poison arrows

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Captain Log posted:

If nothing else, I need to turn on RDR2 just to see what I named my three horses.

Horse names so far:

Skaldi
Hrimfaxi
Nyx
Hekate
Shalashaska

Current horse:

Gullinkambi

Shima Honnou posted:

I mean I shot a grizzly in the face twice with the Springfield using express rounds so IDK what the gently caress. But I have notable bad luck with poo poo like that regardless of game.

Express ammo is basically hollow points, I'd give high velocity poo poo a spin. Springfield is fun, but I hope we get a Sharps at some point. And the Navy revolver needs to be added to single player

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I too touched the poop that is Tom Clancy's Breakpoint when it was on sale. I'm almost two hours in, some thoughts:

loving drat this game is pretty.
Oof this voice acting tho
lmao some NPC actually said FEELIN' FROGGY
Games need to stop having inertia in 3rd person movement, it always feels like weird lag
Death 2 tired loot and arbitrary score numbers
I'm already getting Assassin's Creed Odyssey vibes by being overwhelmed with all the drat Stuff In The World to do

First kill: I shot a dude in the head and he died yay headshots, lmao why did he blast 30 feet off the ground

Also I blew up some nerds with a grenade and one of them was all OH MY GOD THEY GOT CHAD, CHAD TALK TO ME BUDDY, I then shot him in the mouth and the last dude ran into my karambit with his neck

I'm glad I got this on sale cause holy moly $60 for this? Nah chief

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Update: I superman punched a dude in the throat with my pistol to initiate an interrogation, then blew up a convoy with a rocket launcher I had stuffed in my camelbak

this is kinda cool

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Throwing fish back also restores honor and boosts your health level.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The dialogue in Bulletstorm is nearly on par with Borderlands, too.

Also I don't even Animal Cross but this is rad

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1223036219539558401

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Breakpoint update:

I'm liking this more than I thought I would, currently my biggest gripes are:

Sweet gently caress there's too much crap going on with all the missions I keep stumbling upon, I'm getting AC Odyssey flashbacks with Too Much Game
The movement is clunky as poo poo and I don't know why Ubi felt they had to change it from Wildlands

I got ran over by a train that I heard at the last minute because the Bezos style bozo that runs the island for his high tech hyperworld 2.0 didn't think trains should have horns

Also there are terminators

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jack B Nimble posted:

Breakpoint does a good job of flipping the script and giving the enemies the technology, especially air surveillance. I can remember really hating the open plains of certain regions because where the hell am I going to hide if a drone comes over head.

I was sorry to hear Aikon didn't like it, I think it's a great solo stealth shooter. I also think the movement animations are some of the most detailed I've seen, like when you're watching your character's stride change as they pass through a body of water.

On a whim I cracked a .50 at one of those spy drones last night and it sure crashed good, too bad I couldn't find it afterwards cause I bet there's some dope rear end crafting components on those things. And yeah it's a great stealth solo shooter, which is mostly how I played Wildlands. The animations are great, it's just moving around feels janky sometimes. Especially when you're trying to hide around a corner and climb stuff, it's nowhere near as snappy as Wildlands was.

5er posted:

I'm holding out for Ubi to try to turn the boat around on Breakpoint. Patch whatever's legitimately glitchy, maybe shift more of the micropayment content into game-based unlockable in response to the reviews/public opinion, and then ultimately I can scoop the game on a very agreeable holiday sale price.

Honestly I don't see the problem with these microtransactions as there's nothing worth buying, unless you really wanna go hard into dressup I guess? Although I hear Ubi released a lot of crap for free from a previous event as poo poo was bugged out hard or straight up unattainable.

It's dumb the round sunglasses are 100k Auroraland Funbucks though, I'm hovering at 50k just from looting crates and bodies

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Oh god yeah I remember that two day beta or whatever it was they had and holy shiiiit that was rough

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

mllaneza posted:

I have a work buddy who got in on Stadia at launch. At launch it was your basic failure, horrible lag if you could connect at all. It's apparently settled down so that you can properly play.

I wonder how much of this is due to users abandoning the service

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's not intended to be a mass product at this point.

I mean, rural internet being poo poo is kind of a whole thing and we could go off on a giant tangent about why that's bullshit etc. That said, the reality is that if a company can be profitable selling a service only to people in NYC, Seattle, SF, other major metro areas, etc. then they will. From their standpoint the fact that someone in rural Wyoming won't be able to purchase it isn't ideal, but if they can make money selling it to Manhattan then they will.

Note that this is exactly how cellphones rolled out in the 90s. Once you get past the giant Miami Vice / Wall Street backpack phones of the 80s you see usable cell phone service crop up in cities way, way before it was workable in rural areas. A guy in a farm house still needing a landline didn't mean that ATT wasn't going to make a buck selling to cities.

What's really wild about this is I think it was Polygon in Seattle was testing Stadia with their big dick gigabit connection. Press key to jump, nearly two seconds later their character jumped.

On gigabit internet.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

That's what tells me that there's something fundamentally hosed with Stadia's implementation. It sounds like whatever Nvidia is doing doens't have that problem.

Yeah, something big fucky is going on with Stadia

In hype news,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ6BnaE0Inc

holy poo poo that remixed E1M1

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hell yeah Monster Hunter owns, and thanks to the PC you can mod the hell out of it and have transmog armors

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/672?tab=description

I actually have crafted one (1) of the item pieces I'm wearing, the rest are just me poking that program and telling the game how I wanna look

Among other things (most of which are lewd anime titty mods but there's some good ones in there)

Here's a tigrex getting nuked from a super amped element discharge charge blade

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDpYtwjwvTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Memento posted:

I had a problem with Doom 2016 that I'm almost 100% sure is Just Me.

Sometimes, the next place to go wasn't obvious. Like, walking around for a couple of minutes to find where to go next was obnoxiously momentum-breaking to the point where I put the game down and didn't go back to it after the first couple of levels.

How do I fix this? Pay more attention?

Cyrano4747 posted:

There's a pip on your compass at the top of the screen that points to the next thing you need to do.

It can be kinda easy to miss that pip, but yeah there's a compass now. On that note I kinda wish Sekiro had a journal, I'm constantly forgetting where I should be going and what to do