Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Video games made me go through a stupid amount of trouble and money to get a replica S.T.A.R.S. Samurai Edge Beretta 92 (scouring GunBroker for a 92FS Brigadier, scouring GunBroker for an old 92F with a straight non-marked dust cover, buying a stainless barrel and guide rod, sending the slide to have the game engravings and slide serrations cut and refinished, having the frame cleaned up and refinished, and custom ordering Samurai Edge grips from the one dude who actually makes them). It shoots as well as a normal 92FS (with really thick grips), but it costs three times as much! That said, it does make me pretty giddy when I handle it.

That's the extent of my video game gun experience, other than a Mark 23 for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Somebody Awful posted:

And then he got his rear end kicked by a grandpa.

Are you thinking of a different scene? He kills a bunch of guys and steals the Metal Gear Ray prototype right after interrupting that speech.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the pallet model was lifted directly from the GTA5/Online assets.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Jesus for more 2020 nuttery, apparently Kotaku has 3 sources who each say that Sony is planning a late 2020 PC release of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

That would be cool. Would like to play that.

Seems like Sony is finally getting friendlier with the One True Platform. First all the Quantic Dream games were ported last year, then the confirmation of Death Stranding on the PC (which a lot of people didn't think would happen due to Sony having financed the Horizon: Zero Dawn engine it uses), now this announcement for a Horizon port itself. I'm not sure if there are any Sony-specific properties left that I'd want on PC (other than Metal Gear Solid 4), but I'm curious to see if they start porting any of their other older properties in the next year or two.