Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Action-Bastard posted:

I have not kept up with Star Citizen so apologies if this is old poo poo no one cares about

This is the first real footage of the game I've seen and it looks like working a second job.... iiinnnnn sppaaaace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xs0vS2WiXM

looks decent for an immersive sim at least, if that's your thing. You could probably convince me to try it if I can be a space pirate and rob these dorks afterwards.

Sir this is a thread for video games, not elaborate coke fueled scams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

I just found out homeworld remastered exists so thats cool

While i'm glad I bought it, and i've played it a few times, i'm salty they didn't keep the original formation and attack postures from 1

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Game: Unit Limits Exist!
Me: *Laughs in salvage corvette*

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I have mine set up on a 2nd input on my main computer monitor with the dock and I play on that when I wanna play a switch game. Or take it to work for lunch sometimes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Then you can go fishing to gain your honor back!

Wait what? "Well, Kyle McKillerFace did murder every townie that went past the river, but you shoulda seen the trout he caught! I say we let him into town"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mental note: Keep 5er away from goats when we eventually get lightsabers.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, there's really no reason why it would be like that. I mean, i'm fairly certain they had some kind of platforms for keeping boxes off the ground, which would keep it out of puddles of water and make it easier to pickup the bottom box, but i'd imagine it would just be 4x4s or something.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I have crunch at my work. But you know what? It exists because of the seasonal nature of our customers. Not because of poor project management or feature creep or because some marketing rep convinced a VP that we have to be done actually months ahead of schedule because of these mostly made up numbers.

Know what else? We hire extra people during those times. And when we reach beyond those means, we will arrange our commitments so as to give the crew more time. And we explain that to our customers, and the big ones we care about understand or will hire their own crew to assist ours.

tl;dr edit: Defending game dev style crunch is dumb.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Also hell yeah play Bloodlines because it's one of the best written games in a long, long time. If you have any appreciation for RPGs and you've not beaten that game welp you are missing the hell out.

If you do bloodlines, make sure you get the unofficial patch. It doesn't work on Win10 very often natively.

Also, you might consider the RPG conversion patch. It makes the game a lot closer to the TT V:tM version where things like Auspex last much longer instead of 18 seconds.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It's also worth noting that one of the most renowned parts of Bloodlines ( the Malkavin branch ) was done in two weeks in a fit of passion by one guy just before launch.

That is loving amazing, since the malkavian branch is one of the best parts of that game. That dude managed to do bubblegum malkavian perfectly.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

yea, in the 8 months I worked at stream I pissed in a cup twice. No drills, no forklifts. The heaviest thing I picked up was a keyboard.

Most drug testing is just purestrain puritanical "work ethic"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm going to recommend Void Bastards.

It's kind of hard to describe, it is it's own game. But if I had to use other games to describe it, it'd have to say imagine if someone decided to remake Resident Evil as a rouge lite, but with Borderlands' aesthetic and a strong bio/systemshock vibe.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

-Why can't all body parts stack I've got so many hearts and brains and GI tracts

I don't know how far along you are, but once you get to a certain point with the inquisitor the reason why hearts, brains, and guts can't stake becomes obvious.

Also, yea my basement has like 5 alchemical racks just for storing goop and the different breakdowns of goop.

I don't mind the chest size so much, I can always build more. The thing I dislike is that I can't build more chests in my house.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I recently got a humble bundle to support the fire fighting efforts in Australia. Turns out, the game I REALLY wanted in the bundle was one I already had in steam so womp womp me.

I took a few, but there's still a lot of games I have no interest in playing.

Here's how this will work. I'm going to list them here. If you want one, reply quoting my post and edit out all the other games except the one you want. I will PM you the steam key. If you don't have PMs, find a buddy who does and list their forums name on the post and i'll PM them the key and they can get it to you however you want. If you don't have PMs and are in one the various chats with me, I can PM you in that chat just make your post here first, then message me off site. I'm not sending emails out.

After a week i'm just putting all the keys up in this post and washing my hands of it.

Hollow Knight
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 + Australia Paint Pack DLC
    Duck Game
    Hand of Fate 2
    Paradigm
    Crawl
    The Adventure Pals
    Regular Human Basketball
    Satellite Reign
    Hacknet
    Mr Shifty
    Primal Carnage: Extinction
    Assault Android Cactus
    Frog Detective
    Framed Collection
    Think of the Children
    Tower of Guns
    Rising Dusk
    Death Squared
    The Stillness of the Wind
    The Gardens Between
    Paper Fire Rookie (This is a VR game)
    Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom
    Machinarium

Edit: Reminder that i'm keeping this list up to day and striking off what's been claimed. This sunday i'm just going to edit in all the steam keys and i'm not tracking it anymore so ya'all can grab any seconds that you want.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 22, 2020

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

5er posted:

I could go for that Euro truck simulator. For penance I'd even be willing to stream myself hopping into the game, no preparation at all, in a weekend or two.

Once I get home i'll send it. But, heads up, EuroTruck is actually kinda fun in a super chill way. I already have it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

In Div1 I always just rocked a mosin with the biggest single shot damage I could generate and gently caress DPS so I could just head shot almost everyone and then go for the weak points on the others.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

In an RPG shooter, what other option is there to ramp up difficulty, beyond either adding to their HP or adding to their Damage? There's only so many controls they have on the game to adjust stuff.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

code:
CJXJY-M7LFH-2HZDA - Duck Game
CG4J8-QH57F-LKMHQ - Paradigm
CM8RZ-5B45H-9KZCC - Crawl
C3Z0N-VMLAH-K76F2 - The Adventure Pals
CH8HM-7YG4T-ZRW0Z - Regular Human Basketball
5Z8H3-GALGW-78F44 - Hacknet
BWLZ3-K5VBY-F2QJM - Mr Shifty
BKWNB-ZAC76-I7XVF - Primal Carnage:  Extinction
BWJQC-KVJMA-4DFCH - Assault Android Cactus
D5GEE-KJRWT-D7WKV - Frog Detective
CN7GA-707V4-Q3KE8 - Framed Collection
BKMPL-0F5KT-7YAJH - Tower of Guns
CWCWV-HKDZC-NNAJG - Rising Dusk
CGT0D-BC4YX-7KBL9 - Death Squared
DL8W7-FG5Q2-YDK07 - The Stillness of the Wind
D362N-A2WVT-MQLN2 - The Gardens Between
BXVRK-XW6V6-MC6Y3 - Paper Fire Rookie (This is a VR game)
CVK7Q-PXTHC-GT4HA - Masquerade:  The Baubles of Doom
C474I-A7PH8-XZK6V - Machinarium
Okay have at it i'll not be keeping this list up to date.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, Prey is super good. Mooncrash is also super good. You should play both hcf.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I really wish they'd just let you go full blast and then add impact damage at anything above 2m/s. Of all the different ways you can stupidly kill yourself in that game why did they have to protect us from inertia?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Just name every horse Roach.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I liked Franklin a hell of a lot more than whatever the guys name is in San Andreas.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The driving in 4 was awful, and the characters were just awful. Not like, terrible people, like they couldn't even be terrible. They were mediocre.

"Hey cousin! Lets go bowling!"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Action-Bastard posted:

I mean if you're willing to drop $60 on Breath of The Wild go for it but there's better value to be had.

Although the main point is fair for a lot of other first party stuff, just this example is

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Numlock posted:

In other news 6 year olds LOVE untitled Goose Game.

This is because 6 year olds are basically the same evil eldritch horrors as geese.

Edit: My girlfriend described Goose Game to her sister, and her sister's 6 and 4 year old kids overheard it and started running around flapping their fake wings and honking and dragging anything not nailed down around and basically destroyed the house.

They never even saw the game.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Steakandchips posted:

Physics is the problem. The time it takes for an electrical signal to go and come back from the server is the delay.

Yes but when you normally have 30ms of latency having 2000ms actual latency is weird.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unreal_One posted:

Aren't there like dozens of deckbuilder roguelikes now? I thought that market got swarmed shortly after Slay the Spire came out.

That was a thing before Slay the Spire, but there was certainly an uptick after it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Just watching that trailer it reminds me of Metal Gear Solid which is nonsensical but people love it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

More bands need people in wizard robes playing keyboard.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

boxen posted:

Freespace 2 is top of my list, I've owned it for years but never could get into it.

I don't know if you tried it before, but make sure you get the fan patch for this. It wildly improves the game's look and feel while still having the same story and missions and stuff. It's like night and day.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, the first time you do it i'd suggest just updating the graphics and let the game story go on as normal. It takes a bit to get going, but once poo poo gets real it's one of those games that is just 100% gogogogogo all the way through to the end.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gnoman posted:

Freespace 2 is a lot better when you play it after Descent Freespace (the first game). The entirety of the first game's been ported to the sequel's engine.

Hmm, I should try that. I never played the first one, but the 2nd one blew my socks off.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

5er posted:

I must solemnly contemplate disowning my oldest child.

He's embarked on playing the first Bioshock, courtesy of PS Plus giving all 3 of the games away for free. He encountered the first child, and asked me to explain to him what ADAM was, and what the big choice was about.

I advised him that ADAM was the resource to spend on upgrading abilities. That if you save a child, you get less resource, but you're a better person. But, if you are a real monster and choose to eat the children, you get more resource to spend, and it results in a more negative outcome at the game's end.

He immediately chose the 'eat children' path without hesitation.

I have concerns now.

Eh, those kids were creepy. I'd give him a pass.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

priznat posted:

Itís funny because I remember the ancient version of elite being very similar with little in game direction and less plot. Some folks loved it, others like me just were not interested in a glorified equities trading game.

It's also the always online market business that they just felt HAD to be included even if the customer didn't want it. The remake is also feels a bit more ponderous than the OG ED. Sure, it's the same ish game but the space trucking feels a lot harder to deal with.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mortabis posted:

I have a friend who is an economist and has an MBA from Wharton who got into Eve with the idea he would have fun just being a trader in Jita. He lasted like, two weeks maybe before he just got bored out of his skull.

You need a fair bit of capitol to do market shenanigans in Eve.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Orion 76, SIXTEEN TIMES THE CONTENT OF OTHER STREAMING SERVICES.

And of course Todd will be the lead designer of it

It just works.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If you play as a malk you get what is probably the very best portrayal of "insanity causing insight" in any media ever.

And yea, at the time there was really nothing like it. The only other WoD game we ever had was some hunter doom clone.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

madeintaipei posted:

I love the story behind that, too. The Malk character stuff was all done last minute by a person who really wanted to include it and was given free reign to do so.

I think I played as a Brujah the first time through, then when I went through as Malk I was like "holy poo poo like every line of dialog my character can say is a loving spoiler but only if you've played the game before"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Tremere for life

You like hexes and magicy stuff?

I'm *shocked*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The outfits did change as you got better "armor"