Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

Yen or gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Oh man I need it.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

BadgerMan45 posted:

It should be Vesemir.

Joke option: open-world musical rhythm game where you play as Dandelion.

Lute Hero starring Dandelion.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

I started playing MHW: Iceborn on release day for PC but I wanted to talk about how much I like it.

My first MHW game was 3U for wiiu and I spent an entire month of disability smashing my face against that game. My favorite monster to fight was Brachydios so when I finally got to fight him again in iceborn it was big nostalga.

I love the new mechanics, the new encounters are REALLY fun and the only thing I DONT like about the game is that I have to farm Shava Ishvalda (sp?). I hate that loving encounter

Otherwise, A+ will greatsword again.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

5er posted:

I haven't tampered with the loving game yet, everything with my save file is vanilla legit :/ But, they put some bullshit requirements to craft that crap so it is what it is.

Beeb you're the only dude on my friends list I ever see in MHW.

90% of the time Iím playing games itís PC MHW:I the other 10 is MTG:A

what Iím saying is we can be friends :3

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Memento posted:

I re-installed Arena the other day after not playing it for ~10 months.

I dunno what the gently caress is going on.

The last two expansions made for interesting combo decks. A few cards were banned because they were dominating the meta but right now it seems ok.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Memento posted:

I got back into MTG:Arena the other day. I didn't think you could use gold to buy anything except cardbacks and portraits and poo poo, but it turns out you can get packs with it as well. I thought you needed the premium currency for that. So from not knowing what the hell I was doing, I spent 35k gold on packs, netdecked a mono-white deck and I've hit Gold tier on constructed for the first time ever. My deck is currently 31-2 after two days of play.

I have never hit gold tier and I think itís a combination of me not being great and wanting to play control more than anything else. And janky control, not meta control decks.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Capn Beeb posted:

Man speaking of Days Gone, I fired that up the other night and went to check what bike upgrades I still have before I give new game+ a spin

Imagine my loving surprise when I saw I had this gas tank available

POP A WHEELIE TO CALM BB

I almost died from this post.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

If I liked all the previous BL games, is BL3 worth throwing 25$ at?

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

priznat posted:

I hear yes and Iím considering getting the super deluxe version which is also 57% off, it has all the DLC.

Oh gently caress yeah Iím getting the super deluxe

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Iím digging BL3 a lot but Iím not a fan of the dialog Amara has so I may start over again with another character.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Iíve been watching play through and the goatse banner may have sold it

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

This is more of a steam summer sale thing for me. I just bought BL3 Super Deluxe version so Iíll be working on that for a bit

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

I finished the main campaign of BL3 (took 22 hours skipping almost all of the side quests). I was very happy with it and Iím
Looking forward to all of the extra content through the fancy bundle.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Are there any carpenter or pepper-centric characters because d love to get in on this.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Iím kind of an eyesore and difficult to understand so this all worked out.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

I had 24000 hours logged for my main character in EQ. I had a few accounts and a few other characters in the thousands of hours as well. It came out to about half of my waking time for 6 years was playing EQ.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

MATN did a video about the first hour or so of gameplay and itís on my list of ďonce this hits 20$ Iíll buy it to gently caress aroundĒ

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

I kind of want to use the ďdismissedĒ line next time I have the opportunity. However, my wife punches pretty hard so...

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

CainFortea posted:

I really wish that I enjoyed that melee attack and Dodge type of adventure game. cuz y'all make Witcher sound really awesome

Action RPGs can be REAAAAAALY hit or miss. Witcher 3 is a hit for sure.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

madeintaipei posted:

UwU. Paul-saaan, what are you doing?! Tha-that's my magazine floorplate, I unload through there!!!

Stop, I can only get so erect.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

That baby gonna rip and tear on the way out.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

canyoneer posted:

I was going to, but decided "Na"

:slowclap:

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

mllaneza posted:

Boy am I glad I only got to that game after it reached pretty much its final from and all the DLC was out. By all accounts that was a really rough release.

I bought at release and there was a nice chunk of time where a main storyline quest was bugged and your could not progress. Good times.

I am currently looking at getting WH40k total war because I really want a strategy game I can get totally sucked into during our winter break for work.

The cheapest I see it is around 38 dollars so I think Iíll wait until we get closer to the holidays for a steam sale.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

I find that running the standalone updater is way better for feature updates.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

The long dark is a good game. I paid for it a long time ago and donít regret it.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

So deep put ya rear end to sleep.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Am I just doing myself a huge disservice by NOT buying 2077 until it goes on sale.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Cyrano4747 posted:

gently caress me I got back into Tarkov.

Weird thing is it's clicking this time.

Are you sure thatís not a light primer strike?

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Itís really good. I could play the Shoothouse map all day.

Yup

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Are you saying that machines over 3 years wonít support newer Mac OS levels because that is completely false.

Will the hardware not keep up, yes at some point but that 3 year mark isnít a hard stop for OS support. Even my lovely 2014 MBA with 4gb of ram supports and runs Big Sur decently well.

There ARE a lot of annoying design changes that made it more likely for your machine to fail see: thinner LVDS cables in 2016+ Mac portables that would fail after repeated opening/closing so that you are left without a display. Thankfully they did a repair extension program which covers you regardless for 4 years from date of purchase.

If you really want to complain about apple products, focus on the real monster: portable Mac keyboards between 2016 and early 2020. Worst keyboard design ever.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

I use macs at work because they do what I need them to do but all my fun poo poo is done on a home brew PC.

I did snag a late 2020 MacBook Pro with the new keyboard and itís SO much better than the previous versions. I wasnít looking to upgrade but through my job I was basically able to get a loaded one for the cost of an iPad.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

mllaneza posted:

The sweet spot for Apple laptops was the 2015 models. The 2016s had keyboard issues and the lots of fragile internal components, the older ones will be a year worse on battery age. If you need a used laptop, the 2015 Retinas are the way to go.

-- An Apple-certified hardware tech.

Sup fellow ACT

I agree that the 2016-2020 machines were dog poo poo but Iím really hoping they resolved a lot of the issues with the newer ones. While I donít turn a screwdriver anymore I do keep up to date on my certs so I get to see the service manuals and I donít think my neck can take another year of shaking my head.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

I need to fire up arma 3 again at some point. I canít remember the name of the mod I was playing though.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Has anyone put any time into Minecraft dungeons? It looks like a fun/cute Diablo type game and I wouldnít mind throwing my bucks at something like it.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Sounds like itís right up my alley. Is there any way to transfer a save game to another system.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Death by snoo snoo

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

ďIím Cuban B(eam)Ē

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU