Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
What was your New Year resolution? Have you stuck with it? Do you think you can keep it going? Why or why not?

Mine was to drink once a week. So far I’m good I only had 18 beers last Friday. Won’t be drinking again until this weekend.

Edit:
Please no wwiii derails

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yes, I made none. All achievements attained

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
New Years Resolutions are a stupid cultural meme that provide no actual value when it comes to getting your poo poo together.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I was seriously considering quitting drinking but someone very close to me just died and so that's getting postponed for a while lmao

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Get a raise: Done
Beat Metroid II: Done
Get my wisdom tooth removed: Appointment made

Looks good OP looks like I own

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you should resolve to get a new username op.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I was seriously considering quitting drinking but someone very close to me just died and so that's getting postponed for a while lmao

I always think about quitting drinking while drunk but then later when sober I remember what being sober is like and continue my drinking habit.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Only been sucking 4 dicks a day not up to the 6 I told myself I would :sigh:

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Nah I pretty much poo poo the bed straight out of the gate. I will try harder next year

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Resting Lich Face posted:

I always think about quitting drinking while drunk but then later when sober I remember what being sober is like and continue my drinking habit.

Yeah lol.
Right now it's not even as much of a health thing (I'm not a heavy a drinker and I also don't expect things to be that great in 30-40 years so it's not like I give a gently caress about long term) but more of a fitness thing. I love beer but hate beer belly.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Only vomited 3 times this year so far from the sauce

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This is now the drunk thread because I couldn't find the drunk thread.

I just coughed with a mouthful of gin I was psyching myself up to swallow (I loving hate gin). That ended poorly.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I didn't make any but I would like to further withdraw into my shell and avoid social, professional, and pretty much any other obligations outside immediate family as much as possible.

I've got a doctor's appointment next Monday so that's not going very well.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Two packs of Marlboros won’t hurt me right?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
im reading more but this is in direct conflict with my 'dont be so anti social' so ill call it even

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I promised myself I'd improve my posting but in hindsight that was a little ambitious.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Outrail posted:

I promised myself I'd improve my posting but in hindsight that was a little ambitious.

I think it's improved

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I think it's improved

:love:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I went vegetarian this year! It was kind of hard, but I had started trying to eat less meat in December. I'm not going vegan or anything like that, just trying to reduce the amount of livestock I eat.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Burt Sexual posted:

Two packs of Marlboros won’t hurt me right?

Depends on what you do with them ;)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im 10 pounds away from being clinically unfat.

im gonna knock that out this month

then im gonna stop doin speed

curse
May 25, 2019

heck
i'm trying to quit smoking for the bazillionth time
it is not going well, i say as i take another drag from a cigarette from a pack i bought today and is already almost gone

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

im 10 pounds away from being clinically unfat.

im gonna knock that out this month

then im gonna stop doin speed

All that speed is probably what's stopping you from hitting that 10lb goalpost. Lots of calories in amphetamines.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Since we just reached a checkpoint, I guess I can go wild and fail now and then just pick it back up from here.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do you think its a magical/cursed time of year that stops you fulfilling your decisions or something?

Do you think it matters whether you make your resolution now or in a weeks time or 3 months...

its you making a choice and sticking to it or not, doesn't matter when.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Heh I'm so rational I don't believe in common cultural concepts *flips fedora*

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Colonel Cancer posted:

lol you wear a fedora

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I like to take my resolutions in the new year. Sorry to anyone who finds it pointless and/or cliche or whatever. Thanks for letting me know you think that. I hope you have a good day today. Haha that is the one cousin from Home Alone on your av.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'mma have lots of sex and NOT catch an STD.

Can't fail em both :grin:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My resolution was to get proactive about controlling my intestinal disease and exercising more, watching my weight/food intake etc. Before I took the attitude of "it's gonna hurt no matter what so why bother trying to control it" because oftentimes there's nothing I can do, but it's nice to be paying closer attention so I can prevent the pain whenever it is in my hands. I realize that's pretty boring but self improvement is what new years' resolutions are mostly about imo.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

I like to take my resolutions in the new year. Sorry to anyone who finds it pointless and/or cliche or whatever. Thanks for letting me know you think that. I hope you have a good day today. Haha that is the one cousin from Home Alone on your av.

hes not wrong, if you use the excuse of new years of trying to change a habit, its bound for failure. if you really wanna change a bad habit, any day will do as long as you know to set goals and have proper incentive keep you on track.
i had to give a friend five bucks if i smoked a cigarette years ago, and since i really hated giving this dude money since i knew hed use it to get drunk or yakked up, i stopped smoking. even when i lost touch, my usage was seriously curbed. but my brain is shaped toward negative reinforcement, so ymmv

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

*4 times

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I made none.

Unrelated, my gym typically has twice the number of people attending it in january, but it usually goes back to normal volume at the end of the month.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm sorry for your loss, take care of yourself <3

E: quoted the wrong post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i resolved to break the guiness record for number of grapes stuff in your mouth and im up to 60 grapes so far