Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Endorph posted:

keep posting threads so the mod forum theyre mvoing these to is nothing but these

Post it in every forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

foobardog posted:

Also lol that people in gbs are mad at cspam

For real lol

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

this guy is so powerful he's posting while probated (???)

Spooky

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Endorph posted:

wait

'goons that assist in this?'

this was a loving culper ring???

Yes can we discuss the supposed outstanding network of spy goons because lol

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

I like Jeff just yukking it up in GBS like he's not a central player in this drama lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I quickly drive to my unlabelled black site storage unit. I see the array of corkboards full of screenshots, interconnected with spool after spool of string. I look over it one last time and shed a single tear. I douse the place in gasoline and set it ablaze. The last I see of ill-fated goon espionage project is an empty dossier labelled "succ zone discord".

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

also someone reopen the sagas thread this is what it was made for

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

mcclay posted:

Wait is it? Goddamnit we had just gotten rid of FYAD. I haven't been checking on GBS, are things really dire there?

I mean it's GBS

but yeah lol bunch of people being like "this absolves FYAD!" across the forums right now

no. no it does not.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Zas posted:

we still dont know who gave the discord screencaps to the leaker right? it was probably the rust group right, they knew who he was so they figured they'd gently caress up his reputation and cause as much drama as they could when the time was right. i dont know just a theory

I feel like this is the final piece of the puzzle that could be mundane, could be somehow even more dumb and hilarious than the rest of this mess.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Jesus Christ what the gently caress

I’m just waking up and I have like 20 minutes before work but I’m sorry, I was wrong, I didn’t know the extent of this and the screenshots are Bad. Horrifically bad

I’m sorry CSPAM.

this sucks

Thank you LK for being solid and accountable and actually doing things like apologising and engaging with people.

And now I've said that, welcome back! to the most insane development in the most insane ongoing forum drama storm I've seen in 15 years on this incredible site lmao

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Daikloktos posted:

Oh my god, he actually is, isn't he

Today is an endless cornucopia of wonders

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

i cant believe this entire bizarre and insane saga started because i made a very stupid qcs thread about a poster i was giving the benefit of the doubt to for no good reason

do the mods feel worse than i do because this was even dumber than that by multiple orders of magnitude or do they just have no shame because thats the key requirement for being a mod

How does it feel to realise you were the banshee foretelling PPJs death?

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

C-SPAM about to cross 1000 active readers mark lmao

There were 1200+ people last night after the ppj post went up lol

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

amaru_chulla posted:

Jeff will never allow it, because crazy cloud had the guts to criticize him.

Please someone post the McKinsey slides detailing moderator skin thickness and how it relates to forum drama

Still lolling at Jeff running away to hide in one of the fyad refugee threads in GBS instead of coming back to talk to you guys once the poo poo hit the fan.

Lightning knight = first mod to apologize. KM = apology post, has taken a step back to let her community discuss what they want. Jeff = joking around in the GBS thread with multiple people in it saying "I don't see what's so bad about those screenshots?"

C'mon man, these threads weren't just CSPAM posters, it was like half the total active forum posters at points cos there's no godamn QCS for this stuff to go down in anymore. Please come talk to the people who post in the forums you run! Don't make people chase you down to pry a weak "whoops we hosed up" out of you!

small ghost fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 8, 2020

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

dex_sda posted:

He's a coward op

Yeah. Honestly I like Jeff, I'm glad he's around and coding and I'm not calling for his blood, but this was the weakest poo poo after months of weak poo poo and it's just disappointing as all hell.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

It's important the Jefferey understands the ramifications of yesterday will not end just because he's gone off to post with ex-FYADs or socialize irl or whatever

Yeah, Wampa I know you're focused on cspam and that's very fair, but if you're able to slip it in, a general comment from a non-specific poster that his response to these events - essentially running away when even a single post like LKs in the aftermath would have gone an incredibly long way, if he'd just had the balls to make it in the actual thread that pulled the mask off PPJ - was p terrible. I don't mean this to berate him, it's honest advice re: the ongoing communication problems at the heart of this endless, months long drama.

small ghost fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 8, 2020

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Can the mod other than Lowtax who was interested in keeping FYAD be named for the newfound interest in transparency we've learned to have

I mean it's almost certainly Smythe, Jeff or more likely both, being real. it could be LAB I guess but her general lack of involvement throughout due to real life stuff makes me doubtful. I'd laugh forever if it was somehow NYC_tattoo though, that's by far the funniest option.

To be honest, while my gossipy heart would love to know, I think the more important thing about that piece of information is for the admins to learn the lesson from this whole multi-stage debacle that endless silences followed by announcements with no discussion is a really terrible way to handle a community in uproar; mods and admins coming in to weigh in on the various poo poo-storms in a real and discursive way would have been a feisty conversation but at least it would have been a conversation.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

it's good that that's the thread Jeff thought was worth responding to

how do they keep making the worst possible decisions re: de-escalation over and over again

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Lowtax is continuing to get poo poo for the entire fyad situation and it's only fair the admin who was probably actually active and reading the forum actually get some of that poo poo too.

Lowtax is basically a chaos elemental at this point lol.

Honestly I don't disagree but I don't think we're going to be told, even if it's fairly obvious at this point to anyone following this debacle from the beginning. I mean, it made 0 sense to hold that entire mod discussion (or any of the recent blowups) behind closed doors to begin with, but that's what they did.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

cda posted:

You're all laughing about Nyc_Tattoo but that guy has been an admin here like 5x longer than anyone except for Lowtax himself. If he goes down that's when you know it's time to visit SA HQ for one last goodbye

Honestly NYC turning up out of nowhere to probe people was my favourite bit; I've never looked at coupons so I actually don't think I've ever seen any posts or activity from the guy maybe ever, he's always just been a mysterious name in the admin list. It was like seeing Bigfoot in the wild.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

cda posted:

I'm laughing imagining him deep asleep under a pile of coupons when a siren goes off and wakes him up and he's still half asleep pushing buttons at random on his computer trying to make it turn off

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

This post is 100% correct about the dynamics at play at this point; everyone's stressed and sore, and because the problem(s) fundamentally revolve around communication or the lack thereof, it literally can't be solved by the moderation alone. It isn't possible; there isn't a perfect post or a perfect announcement or a perfect action the adminstration can arrive at that will finally end things, because the problem is about the flow of communication between posters and mods. That's not a diss on the moderation, it's just what it is.

Things will just keep burning otherwise, and for some reason on this site that specifically means more and more absurd poo poo will always happen. Sometimes it'll be a moment of levity, like a load-bearing slur, other times pure insanity like the events of last night, and now I've completely lost my train of thought because oh my god this loving website, I love it so much it's the stupidest place

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Squizzle posted:

anyway time to make dinner, then eat it

Enjoy your dinner Squizzle :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Mirthless posted:

If your only applicants are afraid the community will uncover their baggage where the hell are you asking

Well I suspect the worry about doxxing is presumably because

a) the closure of FYAD and ongoing tension about bigotry on the forums has riled up a lot of the dodgier posters on-site
b) the intense amount of attention currently being directed at the forums by the scummiest offsites thanks to the months of drama
c) one of the mods just turned out to be chilling on nazi discords with chuds who also have forums accounts

mean that this is a dicey time to be a visible authority figure on SA, not because they're all crypto-fash.