Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
edit - meh.

FRINGE fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Gringostar posted:

so i just realized something

ppjs goon project was to ban nazis and, looking at all the facts i can say he was actually the first goon to make a successful goon project

PPPowerbook went off very well. :corsair:

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Farg posted:

so if the mod was a nazi then the nyc mod guy is an assistant cover up Nazi I guess?

Hes been a mod forever and between being drunk and ignoring poo poo for years on end probably didnt know cspam existed. He might still think this is lf.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

WampaLord posted:

And those posters were punished when I saw them. Do not try to paint all of C-SPAM as howling for KM's blood, the vast majority of us are supportive of her even if she might have made a bad decision in trusting PPJ.

Like I said before, I dont know KM at all, but there is probably a legit concern with their competence to moderate other people if their line of reasoning was "well yes this guy is taking orders from his fascist friends and attacking innocent people, but he told me hes my buddy and doing it for me!"

Sure that can be presented as "victimized", but it is also very... not smart.

I have also seen that they are well loved by a bunch of people, but that is separate from "competent to critically deal with moderation issues".

KM literally posted a thing about "leave him alone hes my friend and keeps me safe". (Which was my introduction to KM.) This was not some "sociopathic" Bourne level stuff. This is just someone unable to process the basic behavior of another dumb person.

Anyway, general point is that its not crazy to discuss this. The people complaining (legitimately) about "circling the wagons" are doing their own circling.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Mocking Trump for being fat is fatshaming.
Trump is fat.

The shame is brought on by himself.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

People who show support to fascist ideology

even if you don't consider yourself a Nazi you're still a Nazi if you're telling jokes that depends on othering people as the punchline because

Wait this was a serious post?

I know "nazi" is a catchall term in this thread, but I think people are starting to forget what fascism is.

Anyway heres something people actually care about.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

AdmiralViscen posted:

One would think that they’d have some interest in traffic retention and would have some motivation to at least throw a bone to their single largest community

Let me tell you a tale of times gone by...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

White Rock posted:

this sounds very much like "well if you don't have anything to hiiiiiide".

They either post in bad faith or dont think much.