Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just got back from this, and to me it leaned so heavily on referencing Alien, it never found its own feet.

For instance:

The opening shots of empty industrial sci-fi corridors are very familiar.

You literally hear MU/TH/ER’s computer chatter in the scene set on the very Nostromo-esque bridge.

The diving suits look just like the Nostromo space suits.

TJ Miller gets to do the Kane thing as he peers into something he probably shouldn’t...

Later on, he’s Newt in the sewer in an almost perfect shot recreation.

There’s a bunch more besides those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Thinking about seeing the movie. Is it too much to hope that the monsters are lovecraftian in shape/scope or are we talking like guys in rubber suits level of creature?

I remember there was some old sci fi deep water film (I think) that had the monster costume reused in Suburban Commando. That was a bit of a shocker to see.

Very much the former.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yarbald posted:

It got a limited theater release, looks like it’ll be available digitally next month

Very limited, I can’t find a single screening in Florida.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Stewart finds Vincent Cassel in a half-formed cocoon.