Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Saw it this afternoon, I thought it was pretty good and really enjoyed it being stealth Lovecraftian horror. I kind of feel like they could have done more with the premise and it might have been held back by its rating, but the environment and setting more than made up for it. All the scenes of climbing through the stations or walking across the ocean floor made me feel the same oppressive claustrophobia I haven’t felt since I first saw The Descent.

Also goddamn, TJ Miller is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

smoobles posted:

I think ascending too quickly would make your blood boil, not your suit implode/explode.

Yes, but there was also a warning from the suit saying that pressure was increasing too quickly and its integrity was dropping fast.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Per a recent interview, Underwater's director confirmed that in the last act the big honking monster is meant to be Cthulhu.

Yessss :cthulhu:

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Real astronauts and even pilots are professionals that are trained to not overreact and keep their cool under any kind of pressure.

You can receive all the training in the world, sometimes it doesn’t matter. I’ve worked with plenty of people in healthcare who can’t keep a level head during high-stress, life-threatening scenarios. The ability to stay calm under that kind of pressure comes from experience. If anything, I think reactions like the intern research assistant’s are that much more realistic and a great portrayal of how normal people actually react in those circumstances.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

fuckin’ double post: saw the Color Out of Space for the second time tonight, movie is loving awesome, go see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Is that in theatres, or on a streaming platform or anything?

It got a limited theater release, looks like it’ll be available digitally next month