Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
make foodbardog a mod imo soon she will be full blown communist i can feel it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

freckle posted:

this is the thread about giving homex all of the power, please stay on topic

this

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Homeless Friend posted:

they weren't incriminating as we've established, only to brain damaged amerikkkans

If the posts weren’t incriminating, why did he delete them? :thunk:

That’s a trick question: he didn’t delete most of the Holodomor stuff. Check for yourself. It’s still there.

He deleted the Syrian chemical weapons stuff.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Homeless Friend posted:

not white guys are still indoctrinated into the white mans ideology, its not really a solution. if they can recite the ten point program of the black panthers i'll reconsider...

I'd settle for mods and admins not letting a bunch of nazi poo poo fester here for a decade, but getting this place moderated by literally anything other than more online white guys would be a big start and apparently more likely to actually happen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

freckle posted:

this is the thread about giving homex all of the power, please stay on topic

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Platystemon posted:

That’s a trick question: he didn’t delete most of the Holodomor stuff. Check for yourself. It’s still there.

you're saying the curse of assad got him

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Platystemon posted:

cause he could, power is power hahahaa

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's been proven 100% correct on the Syrian chemicals weapons stuff

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
can we give an anarchist all the power instead. that way it wont be authoritarian

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i cannot support enshrining homex as super mod because i have several outstanding posting beefs (beeves?) with him

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i have here a collection of lukewarm takes from homex back in his dadchat days *gestures to a pile of documents that are all most probably blank paper*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jose posted:

He's been proven 100% correct on the Syrian chemicals weapons stuff

That means that we

:siren: GOT HIM :siren:

on backing down from the truth.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
in his long post with lots of screenshots, the guy who got probated by homework explainer (for racism and/or lying about snakes) implies that he used the admin panel to 'snip' posts. however, posts can't be edited through the admin panel.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Platystemon posted:

That means that we

:siren: GOT HIM :siren:

on backing down from the truth.

hounding an innocent mod off the forums who would have purged the cowardly nazi party plane jones

ah well, nevertheless

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
free tinkzorg first, make them mod of gbs, then ban them and me and do whatever comes natural afterwards. powerful chaos energy.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
love him or hate him, R Guy did a pretty decent job of keeping a lid on things. he goes and everything spirals out of control to the point of it being written up in VICE. just lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

love him or hate him, R Guy did a pretty decent job of keeping a lid on things. he goes and everything spirals out of control to the point of it being written up in VICE. just lmao

Whatever you think of his political views he was a drat good admin

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Just as the overthrow of Soviet communism led to instability, crashing standards of living and widespread suffering in spite of the flaws of the Soviet system, so too the overthrow of R Guyovich prompted chaos, crashing standards of posting and suffering throughout these forums.

and we didn't even get Pizza Hut out of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

John Charity Spring posted:

Just as the overthrow of Soviet communism led to instability, crashing standards of living and widespread suffering in spite of the flaws of the Soviet system, so too the overthrow of R Guyovich prompted chaos, crashing standards of posting and suffering throughout these forums.

and we didn't even get Pizza Hut out of it

We got a forums coder again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Supporting a Stalinist reign of terror because they promise to fix the search function.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

exmarx posted:

in his long post with lots of screenshots, the guy who got probated by homework explainer (for racism and/or lying about snakes) implies that he used the admin panel to 'snip' posts. however, posts can't be edited through the admin panel.

Forgive me, for I lack intimate familiarity with the toolbelt of the forums cops.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Platystemon posted:

Forgive me, for I lack intimate familiarity with the toolbelt of the forums cops.

what else are you lying about

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Platystemon posted:

Can everyone agree that using administrator powers to delete one’s own incriminating posts is, in fact, bad?

I don’t think that anyone with power is seriously entertaining the idea of handing it back to Homework Explainer, but still.

Perhaps he was concerned obsessive freaks would spend hours dredging up old posts. Can't imagine why.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

exmarx posted:

:hmmyes:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

exmarx posted:

You mean besides snakes?

I wasn’t lying about snakes. It was a lame quote from a thirteen‐year‐old B movie that Literally a Bird didn’t recognise.

I don’t blame her. If I didn’t have snakes on the brain when posting it, I would have been suspicious, too.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Jeff, where did you go bud

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Jeff, where did you go bud

Stfu

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003