Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«62 »
Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General

Any of you have any hands on experience with an AR-9, or AR-45? I'm eyeing getting one of the two and had heard that they can be unreliable. I've been looking at what Spartan, Moriarti armaments, and Primary arms produces if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Atticus_1354 posted:

Future sbr project is almost done. Making a run to my ffl on Fri to get a couple more parts to finish it out.

What sights are those? I like the look.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Mambo No. 5 posted:

What sights are those? I like the look.

Daniel Defense fixed sights. Very basic in a good way.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lee Outrageous posted:

Any of you have any hands on experience with an AR-9, or AR-45? I'm eyeing getting one of the two and had heard that they can be unreliable. I've been looking at what Spartan, Moriarti armaments, and Primary arms produces if that helps.

I bought a psa lower and a mixed upper, and put em together and had 30 to 40 rounds of FTE.

Now i have a Scorpion.

Based on what I've read, from the helpful folks here, as well as elsewhere, the pistol cal AR's can be picky to get to work as a build, so maybe look into getting one thats a either pre-built, or a set.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

I FUCKING LOVE COCAINE

Reckon asking here too is smart

the yeti posted:

ok with the info about 5.56 penetration we just talked about hit me with your pick of uppers and lowersó Iíd rather save a little and do some assembly myself but doing /all/ the assembly might be a bit much. Full rifle fine too but I gathered thereís a premium.

would like to avoid the worse of the worst [i.e., chud bullshit] (spikes, psa , etc) and stay under $500 if I can, not inclusive of optic/light/mags

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

To complete your search, are there any limits/restrictions you face due to what state you live in?

Keeping under $500 right now may be a little tough as there's a little panic buying going on right now.

Just doing a quick search on one site (Primary Arms), you could get a complete Anderson Arns lower* for $164.99, or a Yankee Hill Machine lower for $199.99 (you'll need a receiver extension, buffer spring, buffer, end plate, stock, and rear takedown pin parts).

For uppers, what length barrel did you want? If you wanted something under 16" you're looking pistol/short barrel rifle territory, which in turn affects how you go about assembling/buying a lower.

*Anderson is admittedly considered bottom-barrel but I like mine.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 3, 2020

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

I FUCKING LOVE COCAINE

Android Apocalypse posted:

To complete your search, are there any limits/restrictions you face due to what state you live in?

Iím in PA, as far as I can tell there arenít any extra restrictive state laws, unless Iím really not using the right search terns.

Android Apocalypse posted:

For uppers, what length barrel did you want? If you wanted something under 16" you're looking pistol/short barrel rifle territory, which in turn affects how you go about assembling/buying a lower.

I donít really wanna get into SBRs for a first rifle; I was intending this build to be for home defense and the range, I gather 16Ē suits that.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Okay, that helps clarify things.

As I said, the biggest trick is finding stuff in the budget you requested. You may want to look at used uppers to keep everything under $500.

TFR's deals thread, Arfcom's Equipment Exchange forum, and Reddit's r/gundeals or r/gunaccessoriesforsale are useful if you want to go that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

the yeti posted:

Reckon asking here too is smart

KE Arms has blem assembled lowers for $150. And goon SinistralRifleman works there. And there's a discount code that should be good for more discounts on their stuff.

http://www.kearms.com/store/p/833-K...eiver-BLEM.aspx

Someone with better search can probably find the discount code in this thread before I can

«62 »