Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Here's my first and only AR that should tick the pre-built and cheap boxes. It's a Ruger AR 556 that I put Magpul MOE-SL furniture on. It also has a Larue trigger in it because the factory one was stupid heavy even by mil-spec trigger standards. I don't know how well it'd do for hard use but as a range gun it's been plenty good. With steel cased ammo and the red dot it's about a 2-3 moa gun. I briefly had it set up for deer hunting and could get about half that with a scope and good ammo. It's been roughly 99.9% reliable through about 3k rounds and minimal maintenance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I think it'll depend on how you plan on using it. I'm also a lefty and even without ambi controls on anything it's still extremely lefty friendly but I mostly just punch paper from a bench.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

What do we think about the Meprolight HUD?

I'm hoping it's usable if you have eyeballs that are out of spec.

Looks busy, I'm hoping you'll be able to enable and disable parts of it in the app.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Well that's loving gross. The one silver lining of social media is the spotlight it occasionally sheds on ghouls like that.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

That Zorg one is amazing and would be perfect for just hanging tons of tacticlol poo poo off of.