Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah that article only mentions in passing that part of the union busting message was a threat from management that unionizing "could result in a reduction of benefits" which I read as "if you vote yes we're going to take away your healthcare and lay people off"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

every company says poo poo like that

it would require the union agreeing to that in a contract

it would never happen

in an absolute worst case, Amazon could demand to the end through any job actions, etc. that they would no longer provide anything beyond the minimum health insurance required by law, and the u ion would never agree to it and there would never be a contract, but status quo rules would prevent them from actually changing anything

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

even with a union in place, Amazon still has to hire and retain workers, and that healthcare is a big way they do it

the public relations fallout would be massive as well

they would never get of it. itís posturing and pure power politics

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tits and cooters, Mr Bond.

workers lost the Amazon warehouse but won this one: https://www.newscentermaine.com/mob...f3-059e7640257a

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

kingcobweb posted:

workers lost the Amazon warehouse but won this one: https://www.newscentermaine.com/mob...f3-059e7640257a

good!
the nurses near where i live are on a long loving strike, more than two months now. i fundraised heavily for their strike fund when it started but then work got crazy and i frankly forgot and assumed the strike ended. they're back negotiating again but it doesn't sound like the hospital administrators are close to pulling their heads out of their asses