Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Gone Fashing posted:

those two posters that found some hidden forum that was usable so they used it to talk to each other and write weird love notes and stuff

the lovedump was pretty good lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
My favorite will always be the goon who bought some garbage land in Hawaii and other goons decided to go down there to help him clear it out because they thought they could make it a paradise or something and the whole thing turned into a really lame Lord of the Flies.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The goon who was going bankrupt cooking for hundreds of people at LARPing events on his own dime and referred to his kitchen as His Larder.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There was one where some goon was mad at his neighbor and hosed with his power which blew up the neighbor's tv or something. He was asking the forums for help building the device he used and posted pictures setting it up and everything.

I want to say some other goon reading the thread narced on him and the cops printer couldn't keep up with the thread as it was all unfolding lol

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

my dog died im sad posted:

The goon who was going bankrupt cooking for hundreds of people at LARPing events on his own dime and referred to his kitchen as His Larder.

Lol. More deets please

wit
Jul 26, 2011
The goon who made his own submari- ok. Printer carrying goon, that was funny.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

my dog died im sad posted:

and he was also a massive furry

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

serious norman posted:

Lol. More deets please

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

There was one where some goon was mad at his neighbor and hosed with his power which blew up the neighbor's tv or something. He was asking the forums for help building the device he used and posted pictures setting it up and everything.

I want to say some other goon reading the thread narced on him and the cops printer couldn't keep up with the thread as it was all unfolding lol

Segakiller/atarikiller/son of atarikiller. He set it up on his cable line and it successfully blacked out his neighbor's TV. An abandoned house across the street burned down unrelatedly and goon/wannabe cop Key West reported the OP to the police for arson. Spoiler: The OP did not commit a crime.

Thread here, needs archives: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1844470

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Thank you! M'larder.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
FYAD wunderkind twisty having to explain goatse to FBI/secret service agents

ThreeFingerHoek
Feb 6, 2009

i attribute the quarrelsome nature of the middle ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed
hillary clinton orchestrated benghazi and killed a goon to protect her emails

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

OMFG FURRY posted:

FYAD wunderkind twisty having to explain goatse to FBI/secret service agents
In what context?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Saga of that goon that wont stop loving their couch.

Also the saga of Costco hams, chickens, and dogs.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Saga of that goon that wont stop loving their couch.

Also the saga of Costco hams, chickens, and dogs.

whats this one

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
Ma favorite sagas were:

1) the incredibly stupid "yummy mummy" thread where some goon decided it would be a good idea to share pictures of hot goon moms. It culminated with Samurai Asspirate sharing that he wanted to gently caress his stepmom, shared her pictures, and actually made some pathetic passes at her (like masturbating with open door and asking her if she wanted to "give him a hand" when she saw him). Not to be confused with the Microwave's mom saga.

2) nearly forgotten saga of some guy who posted an ad offsite that he was looking for simple manual work, like moving stuff. He was fat and looked like a goon. Some anti-religion rant was included in his ad. Three goons decided to troll him for some reason, pretending to be 1) single woman who owned a cat (that the guy immediatelly tried to flirt with), 2) a priest that needed to move some crosses, 3) somebody organizing a fetish party in need of waiters. The third goon managed to solicit a dick pic from the guy and the thread was closed after somebody doxxed him, finding some embarrasing high school video of him and his friends on youtube. The thread was moving incredibly fast and it was really funny at the time. Unthinkable now of course. I wonder who else remembers this one.

Captain Jesus fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 9, 2020

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Well, Costco sells these aged spanish hams you see. Goons love em. They say they buy them for parties but we all know they eat an entire ham by themselves

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
does Caro count as a saga?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Captain Jesus posted:

Ma favorite sagas were:

1) the incredibly stupid "yummy mummy" thread where some goon decided it would be a good idea to share pictures of hot goon moms. It culminated with Samurai Asspirate sharing that he wanted to gently caress his stepmom, shared her pictures, and actually made some pathetic passes at her (like masturbating with open door and asking her if she wanted to "give him a hand" when she saw him). Not to be confused with the Microwave's mom saga.

2) nearly forgotten saga of some guy who posted an ad offsite that he was looking for simply manual work, like moving stuff. He was fat and looked like a goon. Some anti-religion rant was included in his ad. Three goons decided to troll him for some reason, pretending to be 1) single woman who owned a cat (that the guy immediatelly tried to flirt with), 2) a priest that needed to move some crosses, 3) somebody organizing a fetish party in need of waiters. The third goon managed to solicit a dick pic from the guy and the thread was closed after somebody doxxed him, finding some embarrasing high school video of him and his friends on youtube. The thread was moving incredibly fast and it was really funny at the time. Untinkable now of course. I wonder who else remembers this one.

haha what on earth

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Lazyhound posted:

In what context?

lf trolling, pretty sure it was why it got closed the first time

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Grammarchist posted:

Turns out I still had one of the pics on an old hard drive.

Haha I remember the running away part in the photo

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I enjoyed the goon who came asking for budget help due to having a baby soon and ended up revealing she and her husband would spend like half their monthly income on Star Wars collectables. Crazy ideas abound from her similar to zaurg threads but hers included fun cooking adventures as she declared her husband was allergic to most fresh fruits and vegetables, and that they didn't have time to cook ergo they must subsist on fast food only.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Caro should be a Netflix documentary.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Caro is even infamous off-site so he definitely counts

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Also I remember some guy who decided his gimmick would be that he'd play devil's advocate and defend loving anything and everything. Don't remember his username but he had a red text av for defending incest at least once if not more, and I'm pretty sure he ended up getting perma'd for defending pedophilia. Mostly just remember because he'd post all over the drat place.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Nooner posted:

That loving owned RIP waffleimages

I got the entire OP saved along with all the pictures on my old hard drive. I'll see if I can upload the pics somewhere once I'm home.

My favorite saga was the borderline illiterate student and her Goon teacher who shared her creative writing assignments. Kartoosh-face and Throwing Bacon At Me are seared into my brain.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

CubanMissile posted:

Caro should be a Netflix documentary.

I think NPR had interviewed him in Libya and made him sound somewhat noble, then goons blasted them with links to the thread and he was more or less radioactive to the news folks from that point on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gone Fashing posted:

those two posters that found some hidden forum that was usable so they used it to talk to each other and write weird love notes and stuff

One of them was underage in a shocking turn if events

Brother Jonathan melting down over pictures of Bill Cosby in the meme thread that led to his demodding. Before everyone knew bill was a huge rapist

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Revitalized posted:

that one goon who had a beehive on his swing set or something so he lit a bonfire under it

Pretty good

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

The_Continental posted:

The dude with the crazy meth roommate. He had this rig where he used a remote control car to get into his portion of the apartment as he had barred his door from the inside.

One day things come to a head and he ventures into the shared space that had been previous claimed by the psycho one. He finds bags of poo poo everywhere and the roommate playing saxophone in his bathtub, only the bathtub has been turned into "poo poo lasagna". The roommate had been making GBS threads into the tub and then covering it with newspaper making a layercake of filth and newsprint. He finds the guy in the poo poo tub, covered in poo poo, playing the poo poo saxophone.

That was a tale if someone has the link I'll be your very best friend forever.
i never quite bought this one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zane posted:

i never quite bought this one.

martin random made lots of funny made up threads over the years and then was banned after posting in detail about obtaining a gun and learning to shoot people when it turned out he had a restraining order on someone

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Jose posted:

martin random made lots of funny made up threads over the years and then was banned after posting in detail about obtaining a gun and learning to shoot people when it turned out he had a restraining order on someone

It's on his Rap Sheet. It's also a gun that is very small and fits into the palm of your hand. He said "it suits his needs perfectly."

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Micromancer, the sultriest of gun goons

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

In 07 there was a massive thread in GBS I think of goons making pixel art out of bindeez.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindeez

Turned out that the manufacturers cut some corners and used a chemical in the things that metabolised into GHB if swallowed.

Goons then proceeded to buy even more packs of bindeez.

Also, in recent times, the Caredresser Saga.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Fuckface the Hedgehog posted:

In 07 there was a massive thread in GBS I think of goons making pixel art out of bindeez.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindeez

Turned out that the manufacturers cut some corners and used a chemical in the things that metabolised into GHB if swallowed.

Goons then proceeded to buy even more packs of bindeez.

Also, in recent times, the Caredresser Saga.

I remember Bindeez. Didn't realise that though.

What is the Caredresser though?

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 9, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Neophyte posted:

Micromancer, the sultriest of gun goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEvwTqAeGgE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

powerful energy from being both bald and having long hair imo

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Jose posted:

One of them was underage in a shocking turn if events

Brother Jonathan melting down over pictures of Bill Cosby in the meme thread that led to his demodding. Before everyone knew bill was a huge rapist

How many mods/admins have had proper meltdowns?

Mayor Wilkins lost it, posted nudes of his girlfriend (I think) and got banned. "Take a break from the forums and come back when you're less crazy and dramatic and nutty, if that ever happens." -Lowtax

Who else?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how could you forget redshirt's brief tenure as gbs mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

There was also the goon murderer that wasn't protecting his puckins in 06.