Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
suggestion:

code:
*{
   display: none; 
}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Oh gently caress I can't wait for the newspaper sheet. Be sure it's the default and still has the "sources close to," "issued a retraction" etc

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I guess we can make it the default but Jeffrey was emphatic about the idea that it should be opt-out, and nobody should be forced to have that. I really like that idea myself but there was quite a bit of push back ITT.

The things like "sources close to" and "issued a correction" are different from the stylesheets code-wise (I think stylesheets only change graphic stuff), I think, and those have already been implemented across C-SPAM

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah make it the default but with an opt-out option (probably just another item in list where you choose between daycrew and nitekrew)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I just want something that transfers well to the mobile app

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

twoday posted:

The things like "sources close to" and "issued a correction" are different from the stylesheets code-wise (I think stylesheets only change graphic stuff), I think, and those have already been implemented across C-SPAM

Looks like it's actually styling that does that stuff:

code:
.forum_269 .postbody a.quote_link:before {
    content: "Sources close to ";
}

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

twoday posted:

Well I wrote that whole post but I have to say that this is pretty good too

Ok same plan but the wacky style sheet will be the Trump sheet and the boring NYT knock-off will be the Biden one

Trump sheet better feature the loving tower

twoday
May 4, 2005

Huh, ok. I guess that could be different in the non-newspaper one then if people don't like it. We've had it here for months and nobody has complained so :shrug:

I have a very basic knowledge of how code works. I appreciate input from posters who do, and who can explain this stuff to me. Last time the thread was open the main problem was not a technical one; it was that there were a bunch of conflicting ideas and nobody could agree on what we should do, and the whole project ground to a standstill. So my input into this project this time around, will largely be trying to reach a point of consensus, and to help incorporate as many of your suggestions into their respective stylesheets as possible, and to work with Jeff and astral to make sure this is finished this time around.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

This remains the most accurate depiction of my job

twoday
May 4, 2005

lol

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
DO NOT make both a Biden and a Trump stylesheet. One American stylesheet is enough, the other should be thoroughly international/intergalactic. If you have to have both Trump and Biden, just make like a boxing promo with the two facing each other and a lot of red, white and blue.

But really, is the stylesheet gonna be done before Biden is? Seems like a waste of effort.

twoday posted:

But no anime or tractors, that's an ADTRW thing, they already have that, and I don't like the thing with the av saying the post either because that's a FYAD thing. Let's make something new and unique to C-SPAM.
This is pure revisionism. Both of those things are FYAD, with tractor rights having been given to ADTRW for an anime tractor, but not the anime tractor.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
+1 for night crew/day crew being the main choices. anything else can come after & fall under those two imo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

+1 for night crew/day crew being the main choices. anything else can come after & fall under those two imo

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday
May 4, 2005

ok

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

As for the Trump/Biden sheets, I'd recommend making just one Biden v. Trump "election 2020" sheet and also making it the default for the week leading up to election day

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
make it so anyone using the day crew one gets a sixer a couple hours before the election results start coming in

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
also let nite crew have this please

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

make it so anyone using the day crew one gets a sixer a couple hours before the election results start coming everytime they log in

Ftfy

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
if day crew get a Biden/C-SPAM Times theme, it only makes sense nite crew get a Tmurp/One Spam News Network theme.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Flavius Aetass posted:

make it so anyone using the day crew one gets a sixer a couple hours before the election results start coming in

hey, just because I don't want to get a migraine from the nite crew one...

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

:agreed:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Evening Crew: the moderates choice™

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

T-man posted:

Evening Crew: the moderates choice™

selecting this sends you back to D&D

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i think non-fyad day/nite crews are pathetic knockoffs and really dumb and always have been

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Smythe posted:

i think non-fyad day/nite crews are pathetic knockoffs and really dumb and always have been

Anywhere that has a 24/7 presence develops a day/night crew, sometimes enforced (work shifts) sometimes natural

Log off some time

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

for the nite krew option i want to suggest some constructivism inspiration:

* dope and cool
* pretty primary colors
* shapes are easier
* ideologically correct

also name the newpaper stylesheet "C" and the other one "SPAM"

Trabisnikof has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Sep 20, 2020

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Anywhere that has a 24/7 presence develops a day/night crew, sometimes enforced (work shifts) sometimes natural

Log off some time

cribbing the "nite krew" spelling verbatim isn't really helping the case of organic development. further, if you want to adhere to this forums marxist overtones it should refer to shifts as if we were factory workers, the intended audience of the manifesto.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Smythe posted:

cribbing the "nite krew" spelling verbatim isn't really helping the case of organic development. further, if you want to adhere to this forums marxist overtones it should refer to shifts as if we were factory workers, the intended audience of the manifesto.

Sure shifts sounds fine, whatever, but :jerkbag: about stealing fyad valor, i never even spelled it that way turbonerd

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

alright first off: anime tractor girl

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sure shifts sounds fine, whatever, but :jerkbag: about stealing fyad valor, i never even spelled it that way turbonerd

i dont give a poo poo about stolen valor lol, its just about having a single ounce of creativity and making something of your own to enjoy and be proud of.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The creativity and pride of people being awake and posting at different times~*

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Smythe posted:

i dont give a poo poo about stolen valor lol, its just about having a single ounce of creativity and making something of your own to enjoy and be proud of.

Day crew/nite crew and then later death crew have been around c-spam since it's inception and it's kind of dumb to just shrug it off and dismiss it. I thoroughly enjoyed writing dumb nite crew references into all kinds of songs as the dumb gifs served as a source of inspiration. I don't care where it originated from but it's part of c-spam lore imo... Kind of like i don't care which country aquavit originated from, it's part of Swedish and Norwegian culture.

2DCAT has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Sep 20, 2020

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The creativity and pride of people being awake and posting at different times~*

pretty win to be needlessly hostile and reductive. :cheerdoge:

2DCAT posted:

Day crew/nite crew and then later death crew have been around c-spam since it's inception and it's kind of dumb to just shrug it off and dismiss it. I thoroughly enjoyed writing dumb nite crew references into all kinds of songs as the dumb gifs served as a source of inspiration. I don't care where it originated from but it's part of c-spam lore imo... Kind of like i don't care which country aquavit originated from, it's part of Swedish and Norwegian culture.

thats cool man and im glad you did and do. i appreciate you and your work, always. just my $0.02 as a regular rear end poster

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Smythe posted:

thats cool man and im glad you did and do. i appreciate you and your work, always. just my $0.02 as a regular rear end poster

:same: you were always a great mod and still are a good poster and that wasn't meant to be an attack or anything but just my perspective as well :toot:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

2DCAT posted:

:same: you were always a great mod and still are a good poster and that wasn't meant to be an attack or anything but just my perspective as well :toot:

i thank you for sharing with me and i agree with ur assessment. thank u

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Smythe posted:

You came at me first bud :cheers:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

You came at me first bud :cheers:

How so? Can you show me where?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

i thank you for sharing with me and i agree with ur assessment. thank u

EVERYBODY PLEASE STOP FIGHTING WE'LL FIGURE THIS OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

for the nite krew option i want to suggest some constructivism inspiration:

* dope and cool
* pretty primary colors
* shapes are easier
* ideologically correct

Hell yeah I love constructivism, I just designed an album cover like that

twoday posted:

I haven't posted much artwork lately because I have been working on the artwork for 2DCAT's new album, Weeks Where Decades Happen. I am very pleased to announce that it's finally done and I can finally post it!