Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's so light and the screen is nice

I got the one with the slow CPU that has the longest battery life, with light use I only need to charge it once a week or so. a laptop running UNIX

it's also rose gold which I am disappointed they stopped making

what's your favorite apple laptop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Silver Alicorn posted:

I got the one with the slow CPU

all of the MacBook no-suffix laptops have the slow cpu, because they have no fans.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

thank u op

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

The Management posted:

all of the MacBook no-suffix laptops have the slow cpu, because they have no fans.

nah i think a lot of people like them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Silver Alicorn posted:

what's your favorite apple laptop?

12" powerbook, op

• one of the two best laptop keyboards ever made
  • matte screen
  • replaceable battery
  • powerpc cpu to fight the Megahertz Myth

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

strong case from rotor here

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

2015 13" mbp, op

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the MacBook Air (not the first one) was great before hidpi displays were a thing

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

do you mean the late 2010, mid 2011, mid 2012, mid 2013, early 2014, or early 2015 macbook air?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the same form factor they’ve shipped since they ditched the first one with the stupid USB port door. all of them after that. that machine has a lovely screen but it’s the best laptop.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

mid 2011

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
mba with non-butterfly kb

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i have one and no, it's not

close and probe

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
it has long been established that the mid 2012 macbook air in 2012 is the best laptop ever made

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
the black plastic macbook with keys swapped from a white topcase op

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rotor posted:

12" powerbook, op

• one of the two best laptop keyboards ever made
  • matte screen
  • replaceable battery
  • powerpc cpu to fight the Megahertz Myth

I was going to say this. Still use mine regularly.

Since you already have it covered, I guess style points for the toilet seat iBook G3, in tangerine.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
The tibook is really handsome too, but they get all scuffed up so easily. And no modern WiFi, so it’s much less capable than the 12” aluminum.

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
my favourritt et Maacbookk iss mmy 2018 1 Pro forr sure iits crrarzy h ow thtey madee thet keyeboardr 5mm m thitinner withtout affefctiting reliabbilityt at alll

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

my favourritt et Maacbookk iss mmy 2018 1 Pro forr sure iits crrarzy h ow thtey madee thet keyeboardr 5mm m thitinner withtout affefctiting reliabbilityt at alll

:classiclol:

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
love to need a kernel extension to debounce half the keys on the keyboard on my $4000 laptopt

pram
Jun 10, 2001

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
the new 16 inch is a pretty huge leap and reminds me of my OG retina macbook pro OP

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

love to need a kernel extension to debounce half the keys on the keyboard on my $4000 laptopt

:pram:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

get a chromebook

pram
Jun 10, 2001

a neurotic ai posted:

the new 16 inch is a pretty huge leap and reminds me of my OG retina macbook pro OP

its the best laptop

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

get a chromebook

I already have a web browser

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I had a MacBook once. It was the first one with a C2D. It was nice.

:tipshat:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It's a shame they couldn't just update the macbook air with a hidpi display without loving up everything else that made those machines good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

I had a MacBook once. It was the first one with a C2D. It was nice.

:tipshat:

I still have one. It didn't age well

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i had a black macbook. it was ok, and i gave it to my parents and now the case is disintegrating

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my ex spilled orange soda on mine and I had to replace the keyboard

pram
Jun 10, 2001
every single one ive seen, the case starts splitting above the cd hole

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

my ex spilled orange soda on mine and I had to replace the keyboard

damnit orange ricky!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

using my (2017) macbook rn. it's a delight

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

this isn't restricted to the 2017 macbook, but it still boggles me how smooth and comfortable mac trackpads are, and pc trackpads are universally garbage

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

the MacBook Air (not the first one) was great before hidpi displays were a thing

this still ranks as my favorite laptop

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007
I enjoyed my 09 MBP with the discrete 9600 GT well past its lifespan. It didn't melt the keyboard and ran decent with the 9400 GS when I needed longer battery life. RAM wasn't soldered down and it was easy to just put an SSD into. Also MagSafe <3.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

yeah, of all the nice things apple has gotten rid of I don't understand why they ditched magsafe.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

the 2017 macbook is much beloved by my wife, and the rose gold plays into that satisfaction to hear her tell it. she likes that it is small, pretty, and fast enough for her purposes. quite needs suiting. aside from the small (butterfly) keyboard my complaint would be the cramped screen, but otherwise i wouldn't mind using one, either.

i just bought an absurdly specced late 2019 mbp 16 because i am a 'pro' computer toucher and the keyboard is fixed. it too is very needs suiting.

i do miss magsafe, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Turnquiet posted:

she likes that it is small,
she's just telling you that so you don't feel bad