Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«160 »
Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

doobie was weird to me because first it was "oh these guys want to help this guy's kickstarter where he wants to live his dream of selling hot dogs to people because there's no way he'd get funded" and the guy was so grateful that he was going to dedicate a hot dog special to SA. i have no idea what happened but the next time i noticed the doobie thread, we were bad frogs and everyone hated doobie who apparently was a huge rear end in a top hat who didn't know how to run a business.

i think the first big cultural milestone on SA for me was watching the creation of slenderman, which is one reason why i can't take horror stories/games/movies with him seriously because they're all "oooOOOooOOoO no one knows what he is or where he came from!" and i instinctively think "he came from photoshop in the 'create paranormal pictures' thread."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Party Time! Be excellent to each other.

VanSandman posted:

Yeah the days of Something Awful being a truly anarchic place where people would just.... do wild poo poo and post about it are done, because the forums have shrunk and we who stayed got old.

Eh, you guys just aren't quite old enough.
Like 10 year reunions were a bitch to bartend; everyone is still in their marriage and rat race etc...

While 20 year reunions were awesome-- everyone is glad to be alive and ready to get f7cked up and party with ANYONE.

If SA still around in 10 years stories may get wilder again imo

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Spinz posted:

Eh, you guys just aren't quite old enough.
Like 10 year reunions were a bitch to bartend; everyone is still in their marriage and rat race etc...

While 20 year reunions were awesome-- everyone is glad to be alive and ready to get f7cked up and party with ANYONE.

If SA still around in 10 years stories may get wilder again imo

SomethingAwful has already been around for 20 years though. It started in 1999

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Fun Shoe

Yeah, for instance I'm like 2 months and change off from my 20 year anniversary!

edit: I've spent my entire adult life and more than half my life on this dumb forum

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah, for instance I'm like 2 months and change off from my 20 year anniversary!

edit: I've spent my entire adult life and more than half my life on this dumb forum

You got a year or so on me, but samsies! I feel like my first account I only had to pay $5, but that could just be me misremembering something that happened like 18 years ago.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas Magic

Fallen Rib

BattleMaster posted:

The day I realized this exact same thing was... an interesting day Well, in my case it's more like a third of my life, as I joined 3 months before I turned 20 and i will turn 30 in 20 days, but still.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

lol 2009 was so long ago

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

どこでもヒトラー
got ya now, kyanka-chan!

loving 2019 was so long ago

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

We'll make diamonds from their ashes. Take them into battle with us.

Craft a Diamond Dog diamond?
Nah.   Let's do it!

College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

loving 2019 was so long ago

was more recent than 2019

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

I AM TRULY ONE OF THE WORST POSTERS ON THIS SITE. LOOK UPON THIS GUY MANN REREG AND DESPAIR.

verbal enema posted:

lol 2009 was so long ago

The first posts of Groverhaus were made when Bush was still in office. Loss.jpg was twelve years ago last month.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sleeveless posted:

The first posts of Groverhaus were made when Bush was still in office. Loss.jpg was twelve years ago last month.

Thankfully everything is a zero sum game so ones loss.jpg is anothers gain.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

the actually funny thing about doobie was noni and such pretending their adulation and love for doobie was completely ironic once it turned out he was a dumbass

Charles
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom

Toilet Rascal

It should be okay to admit a mistake.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Your first mistake in making a mistake is admitting it's a mistake. Don't make that mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Half the time Sagas is like QCS except it is 10 years later and nobody has calmed down about anything that's ever happened in the slightest.

«160 »