Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

weed cat posted:

my favorite has to be ravens

I worked at an old industrial facility with several creepy abandoned towers, all marked with symbols for various bad things being present inside, it's also right near where you go smoke, and the home of a couple Ravens who nested in the tower's tops.

My co-workers called them the "murder crows" and several legends and myths dating back at least a couple decades were told about the "murder crow" because my coworkers were loving mornons that didn't realise there's a bird that looks like a crow that is noticeably larger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Leucistic Blue Jay looks cool.

Sometimes coloring doesn't matter though, because the colors are a lie played on our eyes by the scoundrel known as physics.

https://www.reconnectwithnature.org/news-events/the-buzz/nature-curiosity-why-are-blue-jays-blue

quote:

Whereas a cardinal, for example, gets its red plumage from red pigment, blue jays don't have any blue pigment.
In fact, blue pigment is rare in nature. Instead, the pigment in a blue jay's feathers — melanin — is brown, but we perceive it as blue because of a phenomenon called light scattering, according to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.

Goon Boots fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 2, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

as a fun fact, the green magpies i posted are naturally blue but turn green due to their diet, like little corvid flamingos

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Goon Boots posted:

Leucistiv Blue Jay looks cool.

Sometimes coloring doesn't matter though, because the colors are a lie played on our eyes by the scoundrel known as physics.

https://www.reconnectwithnature.org/news-events/the-buzz/nature-curiosity-why-are-blue-jays-blue

is this like the fuckin dress all over again

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

promising carl posted:

No greater corvid than the noble magpie.

Sophie is a twitter pro follow

https://twitter.com/breesophiebree/status/1245381092473004032?s=21

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Ghostlight posted:

as a fun fact, the green magpies i posted are naturally blue but turn green due to their diet, like little corvid flamingos

I wish I could change color by eating stuff, rather than having to take something like colloidal silver.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Goon Boots posted:

I wish I could change color by eating stuff, rather than having to take something like colloidal silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob29v7yrIh4

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Goon Boots posted:

Leucistic Blue Jay looks cool.

This revelation has absolutely destroyed me.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I think it's cool that black plumage is often iridescent.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's been fun, but now I'm afraid I must surrender control of the thread back to the proper authorities.

Carry on.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

truth. she also leads the charge on #feetsfriday which is a lovely distraction full of kitty peets and weird bird talons

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Moon Slayer posted:

It's been fun, but now I'm afraid I must surrender control of the thread back to the proper authorities.

Carry on.

You did a good job in a time of need. It's something to crow about and you deserve a raven review.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I was curious what happened to the greatest sagas thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fPbWEa1cyg

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Charles posted:

Is that how their necks are supposed to look? Looks kind of like a dog with an embedded collar.

It's wearing a radio tracking collar.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Moon Slayer posted:

Carry on.

Now that it's safe to do so I have to say that Australian magpies are the worst birds and I hate them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I hate to say any corvids are bad but this a bad corvid

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
There are some people in QCS who are really mad about the goofy April Fools prank, which might be the funniest effect of the prank of all.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Polaron posted:

There are some people in QCS who are really mad about the goofy April Fools prank, which might be the funniest effect of the prank of all.

People mad? In QCS?! Surely you jest!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
As a QCS regular, I

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Polaron posted:

yeah

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Polaron posted:

So unfortunate such powerful and influential posters are making their displeasure known.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I think the Corona virus quarantine has finally broken Avshalom, alias nankeen, alias hallelujah, alias Ruby Saltbush.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

I think the Corona virus quarantine has finally broken Avshalom, alias nankeen, alias hallelujah, alias Ruby Saltbush.

this is standard for avshalom, it's everyone else who's been broken

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Link?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Just go to the Leper’s colony, it’s an interesting way to view it. I’ve never seen so many bans and sizers hit after a perma went through before.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Uh. Ok.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

6 probations, 4 bans, and 1 perma, all in one day, with ~8 mods/admins involved. That has to be a new record, right?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
How the gently caress is she still even posting through all that poo poo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SunAndSpring posted:

How the gently caress is she still even posting through all that poo poo

She wasn't. She dumped fart fetish stories across at least 6 subforums and multiple threads in quick succession last night. The bans and probes are all for posts made in a 30 minute window.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Zore posted:

She wasn't. She dumped fart fetish stories across at least 6 subforums and multiple threads in quick succession last night. The bans and probes are all for posts made in a 30 minute window.

oh my god lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Something Awful's Greatest Sagas: fart fetish stories across at least 6 subforums

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Zore posted:

The hero we deserve.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's more that the fart fetish stories involved underage people. Which is certainly one way to go out.

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
idgi if people knew nankeen was avshalom, why didn't she eat a second perma sooner? was the first perma more symbolic as a response to posting very stupid things that give the secret service a reason to call lowtax? mods knew :mods:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

weed cat posted:

idgi if people knew nankeen was avshalom, why didn't she eat a second perma sooner? was the first perma more symbolic as a response to posting very stupid things that give the secret service a reason to call lowtax? mods knew :mods:

In QCS she promised to behave.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

If there were no threats against elected officials I would consider that progress.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Why are people even defending avshalom? I don't really know enough about her to judge.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pentyne posted:

Why are people even defending avshalom? I don't really know enough about her to judge.

She is like a rare bird that appears infrequently and her dance may only briefly be observed

Her dance is mostly making GBS threads everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is she the one who said she would trap Trump within her vagina?