Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I don't think he drew that parody though. I think he only posted in the comic strip thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It is although that one was my suggestion :buddy:

Which I immediately briefly regretted after seeing just how long all the PYF threads really are. Ignorance was bliss.
What changed? Is it that it says "1 2 3 ... 633 634 635 Last" instead of just "1 2 3 ... Last" or was it that way before?

Either way, is there any possibility of those page numbers getting fixed to respect the user's posts-per-page setting? On threads with less than 8 pages (at 40 posts per page) there's no way to jump to the end (if your setting is lower) and on longer threads those "last few pages" links just go to random pages somewhere in the middle of the thread.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

wtf

someone browsing the forums with less than forty posts per page?

this is worse than the WebTV user

I have it set to 5.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It turns out this really was broken, but only on the usercp and bookmarkthreads pages - it worked fine on the normal forum thread list. It was also broken both before and after my change, it's not my fault!!! It's presumably been broken for a decade.
Oh yeah, it's been annoying me for a really long time. I just figured it was one of those "we can't fix this because it might break everything" situations. Thanks. :-)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

radium posted:

I have an icq plugin that detects anger and that thing is off the hook right now

:wtc:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

It's been fun, but now I'm afraid I must surrender control of the thread back to the proper authorities.

Carry on.

Now that it's safe to do so I have to say that Australian magpies are the worst birds and I hate them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

fool of sound posted:

Not using english muffins though cause I hate those styrofoam discs pretending to be bread.
I was going to take this up with you but then

Inceltown posted:

Everyone knows eggs benedict go on crumpets not muffins
What the gently caress? :stare:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

He was just a funny gimmick poster who turned out to be I think a webcomic guy or a blogger trying out a character. He loved Frosties and the verb "put."

Drew Toothpaste, IIRC.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

As someone who used to play MtG I've got to ask, is this creature's name "Spacegodzilla, Death Corona" or "Void Beckoner"? Or both? Why does it have two names? And do cards not have borders now or is that some special ultra-rare version or something?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

IIRC in order for him to meet his miles-per-day quota he had planned, he would walk continuously without taking regular breaks.

So he walked for, what, two hours and then stopped for the day?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Also I will never believe it was the actual cartoonist, that'd be much too perfect for this accursed reality
I'm almost 100% certain it wasn't. For one, I don't think he ever posted outside of the comic strip megathread. For two, it doesn't seem like something he'd write. For three, the art style seems a little bit off. It's close enough to be obvious what it's parodying, but just looks kind of wrong.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

One time someone bought me a red-text avatar because they didn't like that I posted text smileys like :-) instead of graphical ones like :). I left it there for about a week or something and then changed it to something new, and they went to the trouble of editing my new avatar to also be a complaint about ASCII smiley faces, and that still makes me laugh. So thanks, whoever that was.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Kurnugia posted:

who the gently caress is anti-piracy here. ill fight any of you fuckers

You do see a weirdly large number of people asking about what service they need to subscribe to to watch various TV shows legally. Like, just desperate to figure out which corporation to donate money to for no reason.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Oh no wait it's literally just a convenience thing. I could either pay a streaming service a nominal fee to get instant access to stuff or I could wait hours to torrent stuff that I might get arrested or fined for hmmmm
If your internet's good enough to stream then you can torrent stuff in seconds. And you won't be arrested or fined. The FBI won't come after you for copying a VHS tape either.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does the Slylock Fox guy still post in the newspaper comics thread?
My recollection is that he only posted once or twice and basically just said that he was glad people liked his comics.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

given the artist is the one who actually posted it, and stated that yes it was his work at the time, I'mma gonna go with this thread was wrong.

I remember when it was posted and everyone went "Oh yeah, you post here!" because it was my first brush with a famous goon

I've put way too much effort into trying to verify/refute this and found nothing conclusive, but I believe you are mistaken. If you (or anyone) can find the thread that the image was first posted in then we could know for certain, but, based on this file name I think it must have been some time in 2015, on or before the 5th of July (since I didn't find it anywhere before that date). Bob Weber Jr's last post was on Feb 23 2015, which proves nothing. I did search the Doobie threads I could find for his username though and turned up nothing. I can find no evidence that he drew this picture or even knew of its existence. That obviously doesn't prove that he didn't, but add that to the fact that no one has been able to actually find that original source and that the art doesn't quite match his other comics and I find it hard to believe it's his work.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Hub Cat posted:

There is your answer, not the Slylock fox guy. I hope you all feel suitably good or bad I guess.

Thank you. :)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Why have I been using imgur all this time when Lowtax's bandwidth was right there?

Because image attachments are barely functional.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Moo the cow posted:

The only area where we seem to differ is that I don't think Lowtax cares about these forums as anything other than a source of revenue.
I also have the worry that he seems a little unstable at the moment and might do something silly.

At the moment? When has he ever seemed stable?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

I remember following dashcon in the tumblr mock thread back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwgSXZJcok

My favourite bit of that video was finding out that the "extra hour in the ball pit" thing was completely meaningless because there was no time limit on it to begin with. :roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Like my SA password was more complicated than passwords to log into my financial accounts

My bank requires passwords that are exactly eight characters long and contain only letters and numbers.

They do have two factor authentication though.