Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Dragonatrix posted:

Azure_Horizon, yeah. Was a pretty bad poster in general, but bragging about that and acting like it's totally normal is just absurd.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=162190 late post but he only got banned for drunk raping his friends and not permabanned, should fix that at some point (ie gotta pm an admin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST tag doesn't always show up automatically the way the probation one does. I don't know why.

I believe that the code was fixed by chooch for that when he got hired.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

purple death ray posted:

maybe this is an old man position to have but streaming on twitch is not as good as a lets play. I dont need to look at any number of interchangable dumbfuck white dudes making dreamworks faces with cyborg headphones taking up 1/3 of the game screen, LPs always had really in depth stuff showing off all the secrets and trivia and stuff in a given game, it's like how national geographic was really informative and now is basically printed clickbait since Murdoch bought it.

tbh theres a big difference between the effort people do on LPs here and streams. Streams have not just what you say but also the annoying voice overs and displays and sub poo poo. All of which removes you from what your watching and changes the focus back to I NEED MORE SUBS AND DONATE ME MONEY!!!!, which most people that follow the SA lps don't really care about. That more casual and focused feel does a lot more for this audience and some of the best LPs you see on youtube come from the effort and love people put in here.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Think that was Leavemywife

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

hanales posted:

Woah really I used to read his lps

Eh I don't know if he killed anyone but I do remember it coming up before that he went to jail because he was dumb at one point. I know hes out now so I doubt it was him killing someone.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Adding googly eyes onto posters is actually hilarious and would be funnier.

Like ozma changing all the mod avatars and names that one time to various Nice! Brand products from Walgreens.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Yeah the admins screwing with the mods is actually funny. That thread needs goldmined so we can all laugh.

Also next time just change the order and names of the subforums and see how long it takes people to realize that pyf is not actually AI. Or shuffle the mods around for a day and creat utter havoc as the new mods have to try and take over a subforum they know nothing about for a day or 2. Something that's inept and silly.

Or Jeff codes an override to add googly eyes above every avatar in roughly where eyes are in a pic. I like this one.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Dell_Zincht posted:

Strange thing is her alt got permad but the account she used to post said underage fart fetish merely got banned.

Its because of all the other things added on after the perma ban, since those overwrote the previous punishment. So when NYC banned the account it overwrote the permaban because the forums code is literally 2000 tech and dumb as gently caress.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
One of the funniest lf threads I remember was the one where you were taking a challenge of having a toothpaste mustache. Shave yourself clean and shave everything but the stache and see how long it took before people noticed something was wrong. The personal journals were funny and it was harmless fun for most people.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Goonfleet basically controls everything in Eve and has for the last few years heavily. Before that they controlled a pretty major portion before becoming overextended and basically forcing literally the entire rest of the game to destroy their holdings and drive them out of the place they lived in. That was the era most people think of with goons and toxic behavior because there was some dumb poo poo done then that was pretty bad. Not counting how they have people that basically can control whole parts of the player economy or tend to slap whole death fleets on any alliance that starts gaining speed.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Nuns with Guns posted:

This sounds like the premise of the dumbest and greatest scifi novel ever.

Also, The Mittani was Vilerat, wasn't he?

no Vile rat was vilerat in goonswarm. The Mittani is still the leader of Goonswarm and active.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Nuns with Guns posted:

Ah, okay, it's neat he was willing to okay an operation to take down someone doing something objectively shittier than Goonswarm for no personal gain.

Regardless of anything else most of the major groups detest the groups like that, its something that can and will bring people together because its lovely but also ruins the ability to recruit new members. A group that burns and churns new members will go for the newbies that are the lifeblood for a game to keep growing, and allowing them to keep festering will make it so most new players may never get out of the beginning of the game. its a win/win for everyone involved.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
No it's because someone literally was saying for a white house staffer to shoot trump in the head. Along with a few other posts very similar by other posters. And people were writing it off as ironic or just joking posts I'm not serious see wink wink. Avs just was a loving idiot that decided to spam fart fetish stuff in multiple threads including several mental health threads in various subs.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
It's creepy how on the nose tcc really has been. Many of the threads were basically god drugs are awesome and now there are many that are about bad they can be and how to get help if you are stuck in the well of addiction.

And by god the opiate and herion threads are depressing. Because they basically could serve as a bellwether to how bad the opiate crisis was becoming as people just od'd one after another. The sad part is tcc is actually one of the best drug forums, because people will give you an honest answer of why not to fall into the well of I can control my drug use.

And the drugs.txt thread is amazing including tales of truly horrible things like inhalants, to a man that literally wrote a research paper on loving the shadow people you see when high on benedryl.

Yes you read that right.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Rando posted:

Jesus. I tried that poo poo a couple times because I was convinced there was no way a person could get high on otc allergy medicine.

And I was sort of right. I wouldn't call it "high" because that suggests a pleasant time. It was all a twitchy uncomfortableness and giant crystal crabs that hid under every chair. I can't imagine a person doing it out of curiosity but enjoying it and then going back for more.

:shepface:

:nws: https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Experience:Results_of_Experiment_by_Isopropanol :nws:

short notes
Datura & DPH

Objective: Attempt to engage in romantic and/or sexual contact with a sic dicitur “Shadow Person” (for science!). For this test, a female or similar entity would be preferred.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I take it also as a knee jerk response because many of the prostitutes are human trafficking victims, and there are many that are underage in the sex trade of certain countries. And the guy obviously had no qualms about what he was doing and easily was loving underage woman.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Kurnugia posted:

imho there should be a general drama/meltdown thread. optimally pinned

We used to have pyf probes and bans but it kept getting derailed and closed indefinitely years ago. Basically it was that though.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

pentyne posted:

As a frequent flyer for that issue I can confidently say there is no way a drama thread won't be a mod nightmare and probably descend into chaos on a daily basis as people take their poo poo stirring into that thread from everywhere else on the forums.

Note I didnt say we should bring it back :v: yeah it had great moments like slowfuses descent to perma probe by 6ers every 6 hours for almost a month but god it was drama central specially to bitch about mods

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Wes Warhammer posted:

That LP was way before my time here, but I had always wondered why it was one of the few LPs mentioned on the front page of the archive that isn't actually in the archive anymore.

(Context for people who don't read/watch LPs: this FF8 LP was one of the first ever to be hosted on LPArchive after it was finished but it's long since been removed)

The author decided to redo his lp sometime in the early 2010s. Before doing so he had baldurk remove it from the archives because this one was going to be better and replace it. It was done in much the same way as the original with the same humor and jokes. It did not go over well due to the climate change of the forums and the author melted down and ended up banned during the course of it after only a few updates. There's only been a few others that have been removed but I know azure horizens stuff was all deleted after his poo poo in e/n that ended with him being banned for basically saying if he's gay it's fine with him to rape his sleeping buddy.

Basically shitheads gonna shithead. And alot of the early stuff from the forums does have some issues, much like old cartoons it needs to be viewed as a product of the times, the climate and attitude of the forums and the internet as a whole has changed alot over the last 20 years.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
There was a guy that posted a diet thread years ago, His diet would be
1.) a cup of coffee
2) a can of tuna
3) an Apple

all day besides water

Why? because christian bale did it in the movie The machinist, The movie that literally had him looking like
https://imgur.com/dTvJWji

A diet that he admits was insanely dangerous and harmed him.

So the goon wanted to do it to lose weight and lose it fast. And proceeded to do it posting daily updates. Until after shitposting a bit about his diet got banned because he literally posted his rear end to prove that his rear end was more toned. I gotta find this thread.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3461279

FOUND IT :getin:

For the role of Trevor Reznik in The Machinist, Christian Bale lost 62 over a period of four months. He did this by eating only 1 Apple and 1 Can of Tuna a day. No exercising, just eating that small amount and taking vitamin supplements. About 4 months ago, I tried this diet out and lost 30 pounds in 4 weeks. Frankly, it was pretty amazing. Now, I am going to do it longer.

Stats:
Height - 5'11"
Weight - 184lbs
Age - 21

My goal is to get to 140. If I feel like stopping anytime before that I will (any weight loss is a positive for me). I assume the closer and closer I get to my goal it will be harder and harder to lose those last pounds. Also, I will be altering the diet a bit. I will be eating the daily can of tuna with SRIRACHA SAUCE and I will be doing a minimum work out 3 days a week consisting of the following (not doing a lot of these, just a small amount to keep my muscles from degrading).

Pull-Ups
Push-Ups
Curl-Ups
Bench Press
Biceps Curl
Triceps Curl

Right now, my body is pretty fat. I do not have a huge stomach or skin hanging everywhere, etc. But I do have a fatty areas and I am a good ways from a flat stomach. I was also cursed (or blessed) with the big butt which runs in our family, and I also have fairly big thighs accompanying this.

Ultimately, my goal is to slim my whole body down (specifically my lower body) and have a flat stomach. Once I get to 140, I will build my weight up with muscle to a desired point. Pictures will be uploaded later today so that I can show before and after pictures. I know there are those of you who will not agree with this course of action. But I know it worked for me before, it will work for me again, and it is the only way I will get fast results. Trying to stick to a regular, slow diet is just so boring to me and I get tired of small results.

Just to let everyone know in advance, this will not be pursued at all cost. I will do this as long as it is comfortable and I am not feeling worse (physically or mentally).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

dee eight posted:

QCS trap sprung on me:

I need to find slowfuses new user name but I swear he had like 4 pages by this point from his 6ers from fyad to never post again. He literally had his name changed to that by doc evil? I believe. Basically for over a month straight I think he was probed every 6 hours by the iks. If anything it was hilarious for how committed they were to keep doing it and prevent him from posting in fyad.