Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

TGRS is always such a poo poo show. Well, the little bits I catch wind of anyways.

Should I even ask what TGRS is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Elviscat posted:

Rosie would love you too, she loves everyone who pets and/or feeds her.

Except my girlfriend, who sometimes takes up Rosie's half of the bed, which is cause to sit on her scratching post and glare.

Here's Rosie on this morning's patrol, making sure no strange kitties or small birds threaten to invade.

That isn't a hot tin roof, is it?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

those are pretty clearly asphalt shingles

:ssh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_on_a_Hot_Tin_Roof

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I actually burst out laughing at this.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
BeatsmasterJ, his joists chopped

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is there a reference I'm not getting in all of these? Starting to understand why people dislike pun chains.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/06/star-trek-tng-and-the-limits-of-language-shaka-when-the-walls-fell/372107/

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

dee eight posted:

I'm curious about the origin of Axe Cop now. Anybody remember where and when the first SA thread was posted?

Axe Cop has its own website now

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

Once when taking the city bus in Tallahassee I saw a guy find a rock of crack under his seat. He offered to split it with me as he assumed I was a fellow druggie. Why? Because he saw the dragon on my t-shirt and assumed it meant I was also into heroin.

Lucky he didn't step on it, that could have led to his mother's back being broken.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nuns with Guns posted:

I think his name is Ray Jones? I remember stumbling across an Encyclopedia Dramatica page about him like 15+ years ago when that site was 50% channer stuff and 50% documenting fandom drama and everyone was still in their edgy teen phase instead of hateful adult state.

Stuff like this?
http://jonescientific.tripod.com/
http://jonescientific.tripod.com/Gadget_workout.htm

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
And of course there's the borborygmobouros, .e. someone farting rumbling intestinal gas into their own mouth, a shameful person.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/borborygm

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Popular TV show Friends was named after a slur?!?

Originally named Scheiße Freunde

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Post Your Favorite (or Request): To post is human; to list, divine. › SA's Greatest Sagas thread farrowed a mini-saga

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

weed cat posted:

I remember this one. gnarly

Yeah, that was gnarly indeed.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tiggum posted:

So he walked for, what, two hours and then stopped for the day?

From what I remember of the topographical map, he chose some steep trails out of ignorance instead of a more pragmatic flat route that existed. Of course, pushing his cart loaded with junk didn't help.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ExplodingSims posted:

AI has had a grand total of like 4 major drama events.
There was the Racist Mustang, Boomerjinks, the guy who faked having cancer and wrecking a Tesla, and the whole Trukk* saga.
And I guess that guy who wrecked his bike and lost his arm, but that was more of a Cycle Asylum thing.

Otherwise, its an extremely chill forum and definitely the best car forum out there.

* And honestly, up until the end, that was very much a goon success story. Dave had pretty much rebuilt his life and was getting things together. The community came together to really help one of its own in a major way there.
Yeah, we could have done some things better, but in the end, we came through and gave our best to someone in need.

Also, I really need to figure out what the gently caress I'm doing with that truck. Really need to get back to working on it.

I was wondering about the trukk, glad to hear it's still around.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nuns with Guns posted:

I know E/N helped a woman in an abusive relationship escape maybe six months or a year back. Did she ever give any updates on that? Because that was a great thread.

I think there were two of them, one came back with a very positive update about dumping hubby, moving to her mom's, and getting a new job.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I really wish we could get stats of how many new accounts registered are re-regs vs actual new posters.

And of the re-regs, how many are "legitimate" vs how many are parachutes/probe-evaders/perma'd.

I believe that there are only 11 people that post here, all the other
200,000+ accounts are alts and re-regs.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Whoria Discordia posted:

In my mind, 'mid 20s' is like, 23-27, so yes.

I lurked sporadically when the paywall was down between 2008-2010. in 2010 at age 14 I got a pre-paid credit card and bought an account. I then realized my socially awkward teenage self had nothing funny or interesting to say to all the cool and funny but kinda mean people, and proceeded to lurk off and on for another 2-ish years before I forgot about it completely. I think I posted maybe once to ""drunk post"" the first time I ever drank a beer alone.

9 years later, I stopped giving a gently caress, bought an account, and have lingered like a weird smell ever since.

Oh yeah. It's cool as hell, in a "the internet is a virtual pseudo-ecosystem/unpredictably patterned place" kinda way.

to the new generation of lurker kids who may be out there, and any who may exist in the future: For the Love of all Things holy go outside while you still can. Don't make the same mistakes as us. This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger. (also brush your teeth and don't be racist)

And use sunscreen.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

Stamping broken marriages onto the side of his computer like a WW2 ace!

We can make a movie about all his relationships and call it "Lowtax's List".

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They were all stolen from stock image libraries and still had the watermarks on them.

At least I hope those were watermarks.

Did she use a Cowgirl font for the text?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

dee eight posted:

i'm internet famous but only on the something awful forums and not that many goons really know who i am so i'm not all that famous except to all my adoring fans

Your ad is always amazing. Do you still grow and sell the cat drugs?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lowtax’s Run.
Don't go to Cathedral, the Cubs will kill you, Lowtax.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

corgski posted:

I have seen the future and Lowtax will actually lose this site to a COPPA violation.

Maybe a SALAMI violation as well

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

a new title, poo poo Lord, where they can only view or post in the septic tank

Lowtax can have the title of Lord of the poo poo Lords.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Snowy posted:

Every day is Halloween

No Ministry smilie

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

bell jar posted:

First they came for Groverhaus, and I did not speak out, because my house had normal windows
Then they came for BeatmasterJ, and I did not speak out, because my bath was not recessed
Then they came for me, and there was no one left who would speak out for me, for I owned a "Billy the Big Mouth Bass" on my wall.
FTFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYZ4wTBd8g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Who was / is TB? I don't generally venture into "Six Flags Over the Shittier Parts Of SA"