Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I don’t pay attention to drama on this site, and rarely post. But what happened to radium?

Tragically driven insane by his own code, he attempted to, and succeeded, become one with the SA codebase, and now is trapped forever in a kind of javascript hell, his only way of interacting with the outside world is by banning posters using forbidden tags.

No-one can understand him, and no-one dares, but legend has it that each coder who is exposed to his spaghetti code takes away a little of radium after being driven mad by the experience, only to infect other webservers, ring virus style.

When he has spread enough, rumour has it that that will rise again using the whole internet to break reality via poor coding practices and reboot the universe, in a new age - the Age of Radium. Tremble, mortals, for ye know not what terrors will accompany him.

Or lowtax fired him for not actually doing anything, and being a complete jerk while doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Hello Anus my old friend.

The rear end of the prophet is painted on subway walls, tenement halls.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

Anyone who wants Annie to love them on their rap sheet has one hour from now (1602 EST).

I think my last probe was a bird pic, so yo, hit me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I did enjoy the Duke gang tag mysteriously changing to a Serious Sam one just after the release of DNF when everyone realised it was exploitative trash. And Axe disappearing for a couple of months soon afterward.

Good times.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Weren't they making out? Like this was a situation where she would've completely expected, and possibly even been delighted to see, a boner.

She might have been even more delighted to see a pussy, though.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

This sucks. Pyf and the steam thread have been a real help to me over the years and I'm gonna struggle without them.

Birdmod, if you're reading this, thanks for all your time you spent with us, you're a great mod and a huge part of what made sa awesome.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

...what? Someone tell me about this.

Don't gently caress with Big Dice; they can roll a nat20 whenever they want.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Qwezz posted:

Can someone explain this? Everytime I see an oldpainless post it's 100% garantueed a post like this shows up. Doesn't matter which subforum, or which thread, it always happens. Where did it start? How did it get so prolific? What's the deal?

The SAclopedia mentions this

But that only defines it and gives no detail. I love the joke and the fact the whole forums embraces it. Just want to know more than 'this is a thing we do'

More like Oldclarityless

Birdmod originally said she'd pay Weatherman in internet points if all they did was follow oldpainless around the forums and make "more like oldxxxless" jokes, and it kinda snowballed from there. IIRC, opl tried to shed the curse via a username change once, but this was swiftly noticed and reverted, but I can't remember what it was other than I think it involved a k.

oldpainless has been the most amazing sport about it, even going to so far as to set up jokes about it, which shows a fairly limitless amount of patience.

tight aspirations fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I'm sorry you had to go through all that, bird. You made this website immeasurably better and I'll always treasure my bird probe :3: