Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Does anyone remember an ancient thread where three or four British guys liveposted their acid trip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Weren’t they a 50 Foot Ant alt?

Yeah when 50 Foot Ant started posting he claimed to be Humper Monkey's brother, and that HM had died. 50FA was all about the gritty ghost stories (with very sexy women, all of which he had had sex with, of course). He also iirc claimed to have been at an airshow disaster in the 80s, think it was the Ramstein disaster. I remember his long story about it.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

ha yes this is exactly it, thank you!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
PYF has been the best and kindest forum for years and basically the only one I post in apart from a few similarly kind threads in Games. PYF has always been a good place but it got even better the past while with LAB, and later Pastry. I care deeply about PYF and you all are my friends (except you, yes you).

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Alaois posted:

how could anybody find negativity in the subforum with a "make fun of foreign sounding names" thread

Maybe that thread was like that in the past but these days it's about people named Kaiiitlyyynn or babies called Gary. No one is making fun of names from other cultures and the racist joke names like La-a and Oranjello are roundly mocked if they come up (which, tbh, they still do with worrying frequency)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

VanSandman posted:

Who named a baby Gary? That's almost as bad as Bob.

I know but I know baby Gary irl and he's as lovely as any 3 year old can be, but his name is loving Gary and that's challenging

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
gently caress. This sucks so bad. I really love this little community, if it all goes down I'll really miss you guys. Thanks for everything Bird and the rest of the team.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pastry of the Year posted:

I feel this way as well. Right now, I intend to just wait and see; obviously the mood is a lot different, but this is still the community I love and I intend to help keep it as enjoyable and functional as possible for the people within it I like and care about.

Thank you. You're a fantastic mod, PYF has been such a good place to hang out since you and Bird have been modding it.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Spinz posted:

I can only speak for myself; I was personally unaware of the situation that definitely exists--- before I incorrectly dismissed it as an acrimonious divorce. MY BAD I WAS WRONG TO DO SO

I think others did as well.

I'm struggling a bit with how I did exactly the same thing. I should have thought more and listened more, and remembered all these red flags that are now coming to light. Now... well. Hindsight.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

For what it's worth, PYF in particular has been so good for like, years now. This is my favourite place on the internet. We're far from lists and this is one of the only places left where even when you feel bad, you can complain or joke or shitpost or post in earnest and whatever, responses are positive. People are mostly positive. It feels like we're all friends. And our slapfights aren't even that bad. We're on the same page. Thanks for helping make it happen, Pastry, and fly free Bird.

ps gently caress Lowtax

Exactly this. I don't post here as much as I should for how much time I've spent lurking it, but you guys are all great and there are so many familiar faces whose posts I always enjoy. If anyone's feeling lost or alone in this shitshow feel free to PM if you want to chat.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Crane Fist posted:

The Bird is gone. The Pastry is flailing. Gentlemen, we have no other options. Begin the thawing of Eggplant Wizard

Hey Psycho Serum, I just wanted to say thanks for always being you. You're great.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Crane Fist posted:

This pierced right through my protective shield of ironic distance and I choked up a little remembering the good times

I woke up in a weird place this morning, both mentally and literally

Oh no im so sorry

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The only poster I've ever had an actual take-it-to-PMs fight with was Sandwich Anarchist and it was about something food related, and I do feel regret especially if this is how it's going to end, so in that light Sandwich Anarchist I'm sorry I yelled at you, you didn't deserve it, I probably was having a really bad day.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hedrigall posted:

I don’t care about the mod forum being leaked but a mod (maybe bird) once told me there were multiple long discussions about me and what to do about the Hedrigall problem and I’d kinda like to read those :kiddo:

Yeah don't do this to yourself. You're a good poster and a good person and that's obviously the conclusion they came to, you really don't need to read any long debates about you as a problem.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pastry of the Year posted:

Sandwich Anarchist went from mod-antagonist to one of the best posters in PYF. I hope y'all ended up working it out, because you're both swell people.

No, we've never interacted since. I hope either he's never thought about my poo poo for a second since, or he sees this and shrugs, or both. Good poster, good content. I don't need an acknowledgement but I do hope he sees it at some point. And thanks. :shobon:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
There's no way that this, the best possible scenario, is actually going to happen.

But... maybe?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I can't have a pet right now but here's the best of my parents' cats, Ozzie

and a photo I took at Christmas of my brother's cat Luna, she is dumb as a sack of rocks but boy does she take a good photo sometimes

Here's my only pet, her name is BLAHAJ

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I appear on googlemaps sitting at a bus stop and I object to it bc it proves I take the bus like a pleb and also I look ugly :smith:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
i need to learn to not read this thread when I see 300 new posts in 4 hours, bc at worst it's upsetting and at best it's boring. This was the former

what Bird is and has been going through is horrible, she's a lovely person who doesn't deserve any of this

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

rodbeard posted:

So let me see if I have it straight:

How long will it take to capture FYAD? 2 days
Will Lowtax be killed? Yes
Total GBS casualties: 500 dead
Total FYAD casualties: 3000 dead
Total queer illuminati casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the lunch thread regulars hold the lines? No
Will CSPAM fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Lowtax launch attacks on women? Yes
Will Lowtax launch attacks on someone his own size? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Lowtax sacrifice his patreon (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the forums make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Pick do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Lowtax burn 20 years of goodwill? Yes
How long will the Jeffrey be negotiating the sale of the forums? ~15 years
Will the vice article catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this shitpost be good or bad for the world? Good

lmao

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Anything new in the last 500 posts? I've been trying to keep up and my mind was blown at our Moon Slayer being the guy who did that one good Sim City LP, but then six hours passed and so many posts. i feel that all i missed would be good posts from synthy, pick, and avs? I don't know

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

bell jar posted:

Koala's March, her Patreon open
Honey Trap Queen, when the alt fell

maybe this particular post hit me at just the right time but i teared up from laughing

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Oh poo poo I missed Alhazred continuing to dig his weird hole to defend against imaginary fyad assailants. Oh no an IK told me to kiss his rear end, how dare?! an IK!!! clearly this is a conspiracy and fyad is bad

Hope that placeholder is for a pretty lengthy probe. The bullies!!!!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

a Loving Dog posted:

Better not be a week or more, he's got somewhere to be

I can't wait

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im only going to the apology event if they got those sick rear end soft mint things they got at (good, correct, outstanding) weddings

the best wedding i ever went to had bags of sugared almonds at every place. i was 12 and i've never had them again since but they are the real and proper wedding snack

e: i think we were supposed to eat them after the ceremony, but

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

lol

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Crane Fist posted:

Sad poster honey trap queen goes to doctor, she says doctor, I feel like life is cruel and meaningless. The fyad boys, they make mockery of my gaming computer and post Hitler. Doctor says I have solution. Great mod Koalas March is in town. You go and see her, she ban the racists, all you troubles melt away. The woman turns to doctor with tears in her eyes. But doctor, she says,

oh my god why didn't i think of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Trevor Hale posted:

He sent me a very nice PM about the Post My Favorite thread I’ve been running. I can now assume that this was an insult and he did not like my stream of consciousness thoughts on super mega baseball 3

He sent me a nice PM about my PMF thread too! How strange