Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If you can think of a better place to shower my pet cacodemon after I take it for a walk, I'd like to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FilthyImp posted:

Nah, it was a right saga the moment he posted pictures of the tub demo and people were like "wait.. wait a minute. Did you just cut into the joists?!" And he was like "yes, well, *MY VISION* of a sunken tub surrounded by rocks necessitates this!" and when several goons explained exactly what he had done, how he had compromised the integrity of his home, and how he needed to stop and spend a lot of money to fix it yesterday, came back with poo poo like "uh no, I know what I'm doing and you're just talking poo poo".

Eventually, he posted a meek update about contacting an engineer and builder to fix the mess but never really got into the costs or specifics...

It was absolutely goon digging down from the start.

I've heard of cutting as self-harm but this is ridiculous!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Who cares? Maybe she lurks here now. Maybe she doesn't. Stop obsessing over it you weirdos!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FilthyImp posted:

Gail Simone, too.

We don't deserve that level of shitposting mastery.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Alaois posted:

gail simone got banned because she wouldn't stop signing her posts and after seeing her on twitter i have to believe that was intentional

Please let this be true. :discourse:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

purple death ray posted:

That thread is moving way too fast. Has anybody with a star said anything?

This is in A/T:

Grand Fromage posted:

So uh. I'm guessing you have seen the Lowtax news. If not go to GBS and it's stickied.

The mod and admin team is all in agreement we can't and won't continue with Lowtax around. We also agree that this is the best community on the internet and it would be hosed up to lose it because of one person. So, we are trying to preserve it. I am hopeful that will be possible, but if Lowtax refuses to give up the forums then that's the end of it.

Anyway. Discord is in no way a replacement for a forum IMO but it's still something. I don't know that A/T really needs its own Discord?? But I don't want to lose the connections here, so I'm going to set one up and post invites for the event that we all abandon ship. I will edit this post to include them when I get to that. I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

I don't know that I've ever straight out said it but my RL situation is my dad is dying of cancer and I am his sole caregiver, so I am kind of busy with that more than I am with forums business lately. That's why we have a IK and Cyrano helping out. I'm not going to ignore this, it's too important, but please don't get mad if something happens and I take more than like, an hour to respond to it. There is literally no one who thinks Lowtax staying is an acceptable option here. We're just trying to keep the forums. SA is the community, not any one person.

I'm going to leave this unlocked for discussion but I would suggest GBS for shitposting, and watch for admin posting/announcements for news.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Time to replace "do you have stairs in your house?" with "have you stopped beating your wife?", I guess.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Basically sums up how I feel. It'd be nice if the taxman abdicates peacefully but I doubt that'll happen; it's clear he still feels ownership over these forums he doesn't really have much to do with anymore. Guess we'll see what happens lol

Gonna keep posting on this sinking ship and hope for the best

He still literally owns the hardware and pays for upkeep. :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Literally no bird. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hub Cat posted:

Pyf posting enemy

I'm too bland to have posting enemies, I think.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sid Vicious posted:

what if lowtax stiole Jeffrey's skin and wearing it like a suit

:cenobite: We have such goatse to show you...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

JacquelineDempsey posted:

As a palate cleanser, here is a small feral lizard that used to live in the hallway of my old apartment building. I named him Fred.

Aww, is that an agama?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I feel like if Literal Nazi Furry isn't in fact a literal nazi, it would be cool for mods to change their name for free at this trying time, even to just Literal Furry or something.

"Literal Edgy Jokename"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Did Nazi It Furry!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

It might be helpful to have someone that actually has updates on what's going on. Like there was a cool color finger stream

Do you know Missouri business law?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

Hasn’t he bought the forums yet? This poo poo should take like 72 hours, tops

More like oldesqless!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

I have questions about that

Exactly, that's what the gang tag is supposed to answer.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Beamed posted:

Yeah, TVIV has a lot of people who deliberately ignore when TV shows tell them things and try to create their own understandings anyway. I had to basically give the forum up after the BB thread.

Oh, hey, that's when I pretty much gave up on TVIV, too! :buddy:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Len posted:

I've always had the best luck in TVIV with shows that already ended or got dropped all at once. The live shows just end up with like a few dozen pages of

HOLY poo poo

THAT WAS SO GOOD

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HAPPENED

And there's no context and it's incredibly unnecessary to post like that ever

Don't forget the ones that spend pages upon pages trying to read the entrails of the "next on [SHOW]" previews.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Maybe speculating what will happen next is a poor substitute for actually enjoying a show together? :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm glad I wasn't watching Watchmen with TVIV, that's for sure.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

"Watchmen is copaganda" is one of those hot takes I'm reluctant to say in my own name.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah wth how do you watch a show you enjoy and not try to figure out what's going to happen?

It's fine with one or two friends, not with dozens of idiot strangers who won't shut up about it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Also with a bunch of your friends you can come up with reasonable standards of when speculation will spoil the fun. Like when you're playing a game and don't want people to backseat play it with you.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Heath posted:

It is possible to just enjoy a piece of media and just let the story be told

TVIV is full of people who, as soon as their meal comes to them, immediately add salt and pepper, before ever tasting it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I'm not allowed to try to guess or ask about the ingredients or the recipe or how they prepared anything? LMAO

Trap sprung!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Trevor Hale posted:

I was answering the question of how anyone could watch a show without trying to guess where it goes.

Making predictions about the future of a show is the only way to engage with it critically, don't you know. Why actually savor what you've already been exposed to?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think a common epithet thrown at movies and TV shows is "predictable." Having some level of speculation would seem to indicate the media being referenced is NOT predictable, which is usually a good thing.

Unless it is achieved by just being random or dumb.

:shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Leavemywife posted:

Is that where the story came from about that goon that acted like the salad bar police and looked down on people who shared things from the salad bar? I wish I could find that story, the guy was delightfully stupid.

Remember when salad bars were a thing? Good times.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Yay, the guy was driven off the forum by a bunch of shitposters lobbing slurs! :confuoot:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

shows that idiot to make poo poo instead of just piss on everyone else

Those comics don't look particularly good, but on the other hand,

big duck equals goose posted:

You suck Hellbastard your art is gay and you are a loving r***** hahaha suck my dick and balls, f**.

:jerry:

Edited out the slurs

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 10, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

I'd rather people made dumb lovely poo poo balls garbage than no one made anything at all

Yeah, it's always possible to not read threads you don't like, but some contingent seemed to keep barging into threads they didn't like and inform everyone they're bad threads. I seem to recall this happening weekly in the political cartoons thread before I registered.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I wondered when the revisionist history about Hellbastard would start and I guess it's July 2020 because there's dudes ITT crying for the fate of a plucky little content creator driven off by the evils of valid criticism.

big duck equals goose posted:

You suck Hellbastard your art is gay and you are a loving r***** hahaha suck my dick and balls, f**.
:hmmyes:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I give zero shits about him but I'm not really in the stands cheering on a bunch of equally lovely people driving him off as some kind of great victory. We were then stuck with them for a while until somebody started loving modding GBS once more.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
What's this red ants thing?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Thanks! How... I guess... wow. Okay. Sure.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

Please refer to him by his real name of Siddig El Fadil and not the anglicized one he had to go by to escape racism

His official fansite refers to him as Alexander Siddig.

https://twitter.com/sidcityonline/status/1280253744177913856

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
He's also Malcolm McDowell's nephew.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Cats are cool and talking about your cat is a pretty okay thing to fall back on. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Well I'm personally glad the forums pivoted back to "cats are good".