Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

For real though anyone have any info or links on the neopets saga my friend told me about. It sounds hilarious

or just anything about neopets in general, that poo poo is wild.

Granted if it's not actually goon related I guess it would be off-topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

This seems like a really obvious troll/joke and I feel like I'm going crazy because apparently no one in that thread thought so

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

wasn't that GE Cafe or whatever they were called

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

even if you thought FYAD was a racist nazi hellhole or whatever, nu-gbs was significantly worse than that. The worst it's ever been, even.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Daikloktos posted:

Lowtax coming back and decreeing you could say the T-slur again

someone find the quote about the mods and admins joining hands to summon lowtax, who says it's cool to say "retard" again.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Wait what

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

you DO NOT want to hear about dragon quest house

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

If you're not sporting wood while making out, i don't know what kind of bad makeouts you're having.

Anyways, I have never been able to figure out what the name of the Anime which shall not be named is, but I can guess but there's like a dozen out there that can easily fit the mega ultra creepy description i've heard. Even at my most Weeb i never went into ADTRW, it always felt a bit, off.

it had Butler somewhere in the name, I think

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Tashilicious posted:

black butler was pretty tame tho??

I think this is what I saw someone say it was. I couldn't tell you though, I don't know anything about it.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Desert Bus posted:

I am vaguely sure that the anime that shall not be named is "Boku no Pico." I've never seen it, I have no clue what it's about, but for some reason my autistic brain has that name linked to that phrase. Someone else can Google it and find out.

this is a trap, don't do it

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's in the joke thread iteration before the current one, and I want to say it was posted around 2012. The joke involved a tractor accident and three brothers, one named User.

Just spitting out what I remember in case anyone else has better luck with the search function/google than I do.

(See, this is why I don't like thread reboots, if I could go into the old thread easily I'd have it by now)

In this case it's for the best that the previous thread was killed, though. poo poo was gettin' bad.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Heath posted:

Holy moly this is worse than I remembered.

I'm amazed at the number of people (see: more than 0,) throwing out any kind of defense whatsoever. It's such a heinous situation that the only correct answer is to wash your hands of the entire thing because jesus christ

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

and thus Kojima wrote the concept for Death Stranding

what the gently caress are you talking about

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

yeah cool thanks for dragging that poo poo into here

There are other places to post about that stuff now, there's no reason to burn this thread down this time.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Heath posted:

Holy loving hell that is a rollercoaster of a thread

Summary for those without archives?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

amazingly, there is nothing in the SAcylopedia.

basically, the original canary in a coalmine for the forums trans doxxing problem. she made a thread about getting harassed, was called crazy and overreacting by a bunch of people, and somehow Lowtax got the impression that she was actually permabanned poster stomper58 because he lacks object permanence, and permabanned her temporarily.

then, that weird thread Mumps linked, had the KF poster claiming that Jenner was secretly trying to get harrassed by going to KF or something, so she could "be a martyr".

it's been a bit but if I remember correctly somewhere they made a post where they said/admitted they were that poster, although I'm pretty sure it was a joke that was immediately taken at face value.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

yeah, it's in the thread I linked. it' s poorly worded, but I don't know how you can take it as anything other then a joke.

it's impressive that I completely glazed over the relevant post, jesus christ

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

shut the gently caress up guy mann

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

don't do this

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Danaru posted:

If it was discussed on twitter than it should be trivial to search up the tweets :shrug: if you can find it I'll gladly admit I was wrong because I sure as hell never saw any of that despite following everyone involved

I mean, people can delete tweets. I don't know about the other thing, but I do remember the TGRS stuff.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I don't know where it's at but the wife is Nessa, who at this point is a saga unto herself.

edit: for a while a bunch of posters in fyad actually had avatars drawn by nessa, they legitimately liked her more than her weird loser husband :lol:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Nessa's posting is just a neverending series of awful decisions, it's cool

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I Said No posted:

What's supposed to be so bad about posting about things you like anyway, even if it's a list? It's a lot better than spending time on things you don't like.

I mean like half of the threads in pyf are actually about things people hate soooo

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

IOSM thread is like the poster child for spending time on something you hate. It's like 85% posts about TERFs and it's not even funny poo poo, it's just miserable.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Grandmother of Five posted:

Not knowing any of these games, it was sort of funny when some gaming guild Goon recruit was occasionally made to post a thread in FYAD as some kind of hazing or something, and I'm not sure exactly what people expected, to be trolled in some way, I guess... I don't know, even. When this happened it gave me the image of like a bunch of dorks daring each other to run through the girls locker room, and absolutely no ones, at all, giving the tiniest poo poo about the streaker running through lol

I remember seeing a thread the goon group for Star Trek Online (lol,) made someone post in FYAD, and everyone was just really nice to them instead. Then someone got the Star Trek Online thread moved to FYAD and they started probating people and replaced the OP with goatse. Good stuff.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Seems fine to me, I've had no issues with em.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A lotta people awful mad about not being allowed to threaten the prez. Wonder how much overlap there is with people mad they aren't allowed to use slurs anymore.

I mean, the people who were mad you aren't allowed to say slurs anymore are also the ones who would concern troll super hard about violent threats and poo poo, so none.

Alaois posted:

every bad element on the forum is actually just one amorphous mass of people who have every bad attribute possible, everyone else is perfectly normal

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

pentyne posted:

Not really sure what's with all the hot takes lately like the Muerte thread being goons abusing a mentally ill man and something needing to make a point about a heated permaban reason (for a pedophile) I feel like someone is about to come in and defend this moron

they're trolls, OP

the person arguing that goons were harassing the guy and also decried the IK's call to shut up as "sweeping bigotry under the rug" also makes posts like this

Musharraf posted:

The strength of contemporary Something Awful is being a safe space for the queer illuminati, who revel in desecrating the carcass of a once-thriving website in increasingly petty ways.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sooooo

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

You can poo poo on him for sending pictures of his dick to a teenager. I'm talking about reaching that cycle in a mock thread where you're just finding things to nitpick about every new comic page (however unremarkable), or having people send you drive by photos of his house, or going through records of nearby police stations to laugh at funny things people with the same name as him did. If the first thing was all people focused on, there wouldn't be enough "material" to sustain a mock thread beyond the time it takes everyone to go "gently caress you Tim Buckley" a few times and in bolder fonts.

I feel like the Dobson mockthread is the ultimate example of what happens when content completely dries up. People were so desperate for posts they were going through multi-year old dA journals trying to find things to ding him for, and it ultimately ended with someone posting a video of someone at a con lamely walking up to him and pouring a bottle of water all over him like it was the greatest own in the world.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Now that fyad is gone and not protected anymore we really need a list of people who buy cowardly anonymous avs for people so we can make fun of them for all eternity

Jeffrey make it happen

I mean, they've said before (during discussions of people buying others grossly offensive avs) that that's not something they can prevent, because there's no way for them to find out who the buyer is.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

anyone have that clip from like, a redlettermedia stream or something where the dude reads a comment from him and goes "misterbibs, you are horribly incorrect"

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Tashilicious posted:

the white knights are what creeped her out? who could ever seen that coming.

No, that's... that's explicitly what people are saying did not happen. She wasn't creeped out, she just stopped posting because she got bored.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

It was always hard for me to take cascadebeta seriously because I watched them have a meltdown about being told they were wrong about something in tekken in a goon discord and they used the exact same tone during the troubles lol

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The Kins posted:

did they make a list of people who can do a rolling death cradle

Nah it wasn't even funny, just some poo poo about how overpowered Akuma was or something lame

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Doublestep posted:

i cannot believe wakandacon gofundme is legitimately real what the gently caress was going on in tgrs

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

losin it over here at how deep this poo poo goes, oh my god

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the whole "mod running their own little personal fiefdom" thing has never been more applicable. Just absolutely stunning.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

is this that dude that stuck a fork in his dick

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

I have to assume that’s Dare. in which case, please just ban them and don’t be mean

they haven't even mentioned tribes or toronto though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

I forgot that solicited funds to bury her dad (or grandfather).

I don't want to laugh at that but I'm pretty sure that was a grift too since it make little sense to do this for someone that you hate and haven't had anything to do with for decades.

...alright how many other things on these forums did she raise money for, this is getting silly