Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Aw, I forgot about Mermaid Shelly. That was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Fantastic Flyer posted:

It's in the Posting Gloryhole, at the top of the page. Don't know if you can see it on mobile though.

Here's a link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/stats.php?statid=4&all=#jump

I wonder who the two deleted users are.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I miss the days of there being a poo poo million goons with scanners reporting on events live. I was living in MA when the Boston bombing happened and that thread would reliably drop news half an hour before CNN did.

I have a feeling that a part of that was because a goon was good friends with one of the families affected by the bombing, so he was extra-invested in what was going on.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
The totally not-mad LPers were back: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914525

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Miss posted:

Aw these fellas are so lame :shobon:

It's kinda adorable. They just want people to watch them play Bloodborne so badly!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Put whatever you loving want on your hot dog, who cares, the world is burning. Just put what makes you happy on your meat hoagie.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
There are some people in QCS who are really mad about the goofy April Fools prank, which might be the funniest effect of the prank of all.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

This is just making me remember Malatora, and how wild that was.

Conquering an island in Madagascar, creating robo-dragon bodies with sixteen penises, destroying all who dare attack. Good times.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Birdmod :(

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

corgski posted:

Bird was my favorite admin :( I don't blame her one bit for leaving this sinking ship and I really really hope we can all go someplace better soon because this ain't it.

Or make this place better so Birds may return.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Wait, this is 2020. Things aren't supposed to end WELL.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Moon Slayer posted:

I know I said I was going to bed but I just want to toss out the fact that Chubby Coffee went into the LP forum to file a report on me for the dumb sci-fi VN I'm LPing to try and make it seem like I was showing off a hentai game or something. Real cool and healthy behavior.

Weird way to describe Star Trek Online but I guess I can see it.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't believe there is. Who even still thinks about that movie or wasn't shocked when they said they were making more? Is the person who played the girl alien even famous now? Was she then?

Did you seriously just ask if Zoe Saldana is famous now?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

She was nominated for FIVE Kids Choice Awards!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Zoe Saldana was nominated for the 2010 MTV Choice Award for 'Best Kiss' for her kiss with Sam Worthington in Avatar.

Which is wild given both of them were CGI cat aliens at the time, so neither one of them participated in the kiss as seen on-screen. Really, MTV should have nominated the effects studio for Best Kiss in 2010.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

pentyne posted:

"smelled blood" like a white women "sees terrorists" when hearing a man speak Urdu.

I mean, there were definitely horrible posts being made in FYAD that triggered the whole thing. We all know this, and they sucked and the people who made them were punished. The problem was what came after.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

pentyne posted:

kind of what I was going for, you have individual members of a group who are bad/wrong and instead of targeting them the entire group is blamed for the sins of the few and held accountable for not stopping it themselves.

Sorry, misunderstood you.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

scary ghost dog posted:

honestly i dont think those posts were horrible. and before you get all shocked yes, im referring to the posts by lucy, raspy and mrspooky. i understand why people got really mad at them but i dont care, they werent that bad

Okay. It's definitely your right to be unaffected by your friends posting some heinous poo poo, just like it's other people's right to be extremely uncomfortable with it. Glad we've reached an agreement.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Veev posted:

You could just go look at the forum you know, there's some pretty good posts on the first page.

So I'm just going to point out that I just did this, since every other time I tried to check FYAD out in the years before The Troubles I ran into jokes with slurs and between that and the Forums Perception Of FYAD I came to the conclusion that it was just full of shitheads I don't really want to be around.

Literally the first thread I checked out had a bunch of the posters emptyquoting a joke from an IK with a homophobic slur in it. I get that they're not a den of Nazis and people were real lovely to them during all of this but maybe I don't want to keep seeing that poo poo in order to find one of these fabled jokey-jokes that makes the slurs worthwhile, you know?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Moon Slayer posted:

Did you report the post?

Once I figured out that the Report button is now the green GOOOOO button in there, yes :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
As someone who has done video editing for a large, nationwide television network, I think the biggest red flag is the idea that anyone would do serious video editing on a laptop.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Control Volume posted:

No that was negromancer, the same guy who pretended to work for the somethingawful server host in order to accuse lowtax of storing credit card numbers for some nebulous reason

So this is only a half-serious question but do we know that was a false accusation, given Lowtax's whole, uh...Thing?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I'll be honest, the revelation that KM was actually Doobie all along would barely even register to me at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Rando posted:

Seriously though who is the bad shirt guy?

That's Lowtax.