Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
For real though anyone have any info or links on the neopets saga my friend told me about. It sounds hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

professor metis posted:

Can you remind us of the details, i want to have a go at finding it

edit: wait I think I remember what you said, was it some thread that got really into it and ended up cheating little kids?

"ugggh i just remembered something that annoys me a lot
on SA there was a neopets nostalgia thread and that was fine
we were all logging into our 15-year dormant accounts and fussing over our dying akaras and poo poo
but then all these 30yo women started taking it really seriously bc goons are terrible
that neednt have been so bad, a lil odd but not super weird
but then they started posting all the best ways to min-max ur neopoints and how to get the TOP TIER ACCESSORIES and it turns out the fastest way to get them is entering competitions for like, art or short stories
but it's a kids' game, so the judges aren't going to just give the top prizes to ppl who are obviously adults, so they were posting all these fuckin strategies for drawing/writing to seem like a child
so they could basically steal the dumb neopet digital toys from the actual kids who used the site"

Not at compy rn so i cant go archive diving

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
No, i drew that for the fyad thread about the guy who wanted to walk across america with a small cart for supplies and it broke on the first 10 miles lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
My favourite brony thing will always be this
https://youtu.be/4cWBG1GKn8A
The guy visibly cringing before he takes the microphone away makes me lol extremely hard

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Who What Now posted:

You know I just remembered Hellbastard was a thing. How did he eventually go nutso?

Sid Vicious posted:

When gbs went lawless everyone was finally allowed to tell him what they thought of him with no repercussions and boy oh boy did they ever

i trolled him so much he left in a fuzz lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

Aside from his self-indulgent comics, what else did he do to earn such a torrent of abuse?

being the dumb macho kinda poo poo like maddox with as much wacky "pirates are badass!!!! and they gently caress all teh womenz with big boobs". of course old GBS loved him lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was the only thing I liked about GBS snapping. Not worth the whole thing, but holy poo poo that guy would take over threads with his dumb mspaint comics a lot.

i remember part of his challenge when i said his comics sucked that i should draw myself getting prison raped and then he'd leave. cool person to have around

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

Oh, absolutely, but god drat they were harsh on him. Then again, the same folks who went ham on him were generally the same ones who made GBS into a racist hellhole, ie, FYAD.

lmao it was gbs who turned gbs like that when tasting lowercase posting but ill just leave it at that

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I got a kick out of it at first but kind of wish it stuck to its supposed original plan of “no rules for Halloween weekend then back to heavy moderation” instead of all the cuck meme, “im gay” posts, and whatnot. Clearing house and venting was cool but it got pretty weird pretty quick.

it turned real loving bad real fuckin fast which is why ive wished for proper capitalization newsposting gbs to come back. at least it was funny unintentionally.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ariong posted:

I vaguely remember a story about a man who was eating a whole pizza while sitting on a park bench, saw a small group of young black men walking in his direction (presumably because the bench was right next to a sidewalk), and being so terrified that he threw the pizza in their general direction and ran away. I do not remember if it was a story that somebody here told, or one from somewhere else that was simply discussed here. Does anyone remember this more concretely?

One of the lines was "Yo [incomprehensible]" and iirc they asked him for a toke/cig/a light.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its been a while but thanks to the goon who elaborated on the Ecco RP Let's Play because lol, ive been wanting to know what was up with that for years.
also the pages and pages of rapists and child abuser talk has brought my day down in a way i cant possibly put into words

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
not saying dont talk about the hosed up histories of this site but it was genuinely distressing to read that stuff for pages

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2470648

Wish I could find the other videos, but pre-2010 LPs kind of got hoovered off the internet because most video hosts up and died and people werent using YouTube because they wouldn't let you upload videos longer than 10 minutes

yeah i was reading the thread this morning and loling hardcore

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

luxury handset posted:

thinking today about the goon who hid a boner by crawling backwards away from a woman while meowing

Lmao this is a classic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Hi.

Perma ArfJason tia

He slipped through the cracks of the fyad purge.
I know you liked fyad but he's trying to mock cspam and the entire concept of giving a poo poo about other oppressed human beings which makes him dumpster trash and worthy of a perma tia :tipshat:

Seriously please remove these toxic people like him and woozie pawsies from these great forums. Also re-perma Jack Daniels

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:staredog:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Alaois posted:

gettin people big mad over here

its pretty wild i can tell you that much!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
computer videogame.... for the win :hai:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

One of my roommates is a big comics guy. This morning he was talking about Weapon Brown for some reason. I attempted to explain how the Weapon Brown guy was the Gavrilo Princip to FYAD's Austro-Hungarian Empire.

I don't know if I explained it well.

Fyad had 0 to do with that garbage idk why you brought it up

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

pentyne posted:

More like the 2 week mark starting with the long effort post by someone who said they returned their wife's christmas presents so they could donate $6k to a racist white redneck with fantasies of being a restaurant mogul.

It just descended from there as goons got so hyped on their own farts they started insisting Doobie embrace a bunch of SA specific stuff like make a "frog-dog" and start getting really testy when it wasn't happening fast enough.

The guy who ended up triggering the furor was posting in QCS to complain about some poo poo from BBS and also happened to love Weapon Brown as an excuse for why he should be allowed to say the bad word.

And so the forum went to war.

oh i get it now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

I still think about the love affair held in a hidden unlocked subforum

kheldragar and call now epic lovedump lmao

it was really cool when during gbs nite crew we discovered the hidden subforums to gently caress about and then they used it to post weapons grade second hand embarrassment. it was even better when we posted about it on open forums so everyone could see it. may they forever live in infamy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SilkyP posted:

Don't flatter yourself, Doobie saga was one in a long line of pretender good-content sagas and had zero effect on the trajectory of the forums and ultimately will be forgotten with the sands of time

If only. I seriously wish people would stop reposting it every 5 pages. Like always gbs runs funny things into the ground

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the actually funny thing about doobie was noni and such pretending their adulation and love for doobie was completely ironic once it turned out he was a dumbass

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

fool of sound posted:

I suggested Bob Cigarette

bob human being was one of the worst posters on sa on top of being a terrible person so im glad hes banned. apparently hes been stalking goon twitch streams too. really cool person lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Grandmother of Five posted:

These style of posters blend together for me, but he was aggressively bad, and unless I misremember, was so desperate for attention that he posted nudes of himself where he was holding and sucking off a condom filled with poo poo. I guess maybe he had some humiliation-fetish, but who on Earth knows.

the kind of poster that when told to get out of fyad becomes antagonistic and spiteful like a little kid ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

This is a classic but the definitive shampy post for me is him admitting apropos of nothing to power slamming his girlfriend into his car like its the street fighter 2 bonus stage.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, that fits.

On a much funnier but also pathetic note, remember how when the fast food subforum was created some profoundly paranoid posters got upset because it was clearly a secret clubhouse for FYAD to plot dastardly deeds and couldn't understand that no, it was just a place for fat goons to discuss fatty foods? Because that actually happened.

reminder that in a previous iteration of this very thread i asked about a neopets saga and this prompted pages long discussions about how neopets was being used as a dogwhistle and/or diversion tactic, which also prompted List Guys to spring into action like swat breach teams

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
on that note, id like it if anyone could corroborate if that neopets saga happened.

ArfJason posted:

Anyway a friend told me of a saga where ppl reopened their 10 year dormant neopets accounts qnd it devolved into people trying to game writing contests for kids...anyone know what that is?

ArfJason posted:

going back to my friend who talked about a neopets saga, she said this about it:

"ugggh i just remembered something that annoys me a lot
on SA there was a neopets nostalgia thread and that was fine
we were all logging into our 15-year dormant accounts and fussing over our dying akaras and poo poo
but then all these 30yo women started taking it really seriously bc goons are terrible
that neednt have been so bad, a lil odd but not super weird
but then they started posting all the best ways to min-max ur neopoints and how to get the TOP TIER ACCESSORIES and it turns out the fastest way to get them is entering competitions for like, art or short stories
but it's a kids' game, so the judges aren't going to just give the top prizes to ppl who are obviously adults, so they were posting all these fuckin strategies for drawing/writing to seem like a child
so they could basically steal the dumb neopet digital toys from the actual kids who used the site"

lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i played a *shitton* of hasee bounce

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Reminder that the same people who did this, when making GBS threads up another thread or forum, were the same people who would post things like "if you don't like my posts then ignore them or scroll past them". lol

I've never played NeoPets but I hope all of your pets are alive and well :)

what

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ulex minor posted:

i've forgotten his name, but that guy who made comics about a giant floating skull that i think was also a pirate?

he had a big popular thread in GBS and then after some rule changes ended up getting ripped apart. does that thread still exist on the forums anywhere? archives?

as soon as gbs became rules free i called his comic awful cringey sub maddox tier poo poo and he told me if i drew a comic of myself getting prisonraped he'd stop posting forever so i did that and when everyone liked it more than his poo poo he left in a hissy fit lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The destruction of Hellbastard is one of the best things that happened in GBS 2.0. Here's the exact page where it happened.

lol i might have remembered pretty much everrything wrong after so long. apologies for any and all inaccuracies

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

it's sort of hard to empathize with FYAD posters when they appear to constantly search the forums for mentions of FYAD, which they then take as an invitation to start making GBS threads up the thread for pages because FYAD Did Nothing Wrong

it's like some kind of really irritating internet version of Beetlejuice

Some of us were talking about hellbastard before you gray forums friedbrains made it about fyad.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pick posted:

the greatest saga is ArfJason's fake entries in the yospos thread that are actually all somehow inherently loving hilarious

qnqnx posted:

Fake? They're the most sincere.

bell jar posted:

incredible

Antivehicular posted:

ArfJason's posts in that thread have the highest "outrage about alleged trolling"-to-"intensity and disruptive effect of troll posts" ratio I can think of on SA. OH NO WE HAVE TO CHAIN-PROBATE THE VILE TROLL OR HE MIGHT POST "DONALD PENTIUM" AGAIN

Pick posted:

"donald pentium" is so immediately funny, I don't know what the gently caress

:tipshat:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Patrick Spens posted:

Eh, "donald pentium" isn't that funny. Getting probed for it is friggin hilarious.

everybody's a critic!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

She got a free gaming PC out of the deal. I think she's come out further ahead than most of us have.

ill repeat what i said the time the whole thing came to light; I believe she absolutely did it for the right reasons and had her heart in the right place, but it really had all the appearance of a con, and that was deeply hilarious.

its really cool giving the benefit of the doubt to people and then they do their best to smear you as a transphobic doxxer hitler youth lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

its very sad what happened to bird, who i have always considered an ally and friend of mine... she didnt deserve this -- especially that she worked overtime to help logan escape from lowtax. the hero of somethingawful imo.

yeah, that sounds rough. hope this helped her get some closure and a load off her back

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
im not gonna read that post and by the formatting it looks like some severe gbs poo poo

this is the real lol post

HolePisser1982 posted:

A new day, and a new lol at the moderator antifa ops team ziplining at truly dangerous speeds past various pepe honkler guys and emptying all of their bullets into my beloved anime tractor instead

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

quote and share this post if you are under 30 still

sup

Heath posted:

"Barney" was in reference to the avatar that someone had of an Undertale character who is a purple dinosaur. I don't think it ever meant "trans people" except incidentally because the poster who had it was very prominent in the goings-on and was trans. "Barney" referred to people in the perceived clique around that poster.

it is absolutely insane that people got probated for saying barney and the reason being "usage of an intended slur". the mods are some of thed umbest motherfuckers on the planet i swear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Didn't the guy that started it get chased out within like a week by the very same psychos involved in the FYAD stuff? Also there's been some speculation that at least 5/7 of their mods/admins are predators.

in short:
-smarxist got tired with SA due to perceived right wing sentiments. i think it had to do with dickeye getting perma'd, mostly.
-started bnr, made a huge post asking to be permabanned and directing ppl to bnr.
-this coincided perfectly with the resentment left over from the tgrs/fyad debacle
-a bunch of tgrs ppl self banned or left to bnr
-week or so later, smarxist came back because the people chosen to run bnr decided he wasnt good for it (Tidus_laugh.mp4)
-time passes, i dont remember who did what exactly, but two bnr mods, tash-something and zyla were revealed to have been sending bad poo poo to ppl on goon adjacent discords. I think one of them sent dick pics and the other was lusting over a member, whose boyfriend was present. for transparency's sake; I wasnt in either place and i heard all of this second hand from people who apparently were in those spaces, so grain of salt, might have been goon telephone'd.