Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Spinz posted:

Eh, you guys just aren't quite old enough.
Like 10 year reunions were a bitch to bartend; everyone is still in their marriage and rat race etc...

While 20 year reunions were awesome-- everyone is glad to be alive and ready to get f7cked up and party with ANYONE.

If SA still around in 10 years stories may get wilder again imo

SomethingAwful has already been around for 20 years though. It started in 1999 :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

So the Down the Rabbit Hole guy put up a podcast-esque thing on his second channel about Groverhaus,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7PLRddEJH0

Only watched a few minutes but I'm curious to see how accurate he gets the story. He species Grover was an admin, but I always thought he was just a mod of GiP?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Pick posted:

She needed the second laptop because she didnt know you could just switch tabs lol

:pusheen:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

Wait. What actual nazis? Am I old or something? I'm feeling out of touch here, people.

There was a specific poster who had an avatar of Susie from Deltarune that was really aggressive and a lot of people didn't like her. Someone (Pick I guess) made a comment saying their avatar looked like Barney, because the character is a purple reptilian looking girl. So it became a joke in FYAD to refer to that poster as 'Barney'. The poster was also trans.

This was then/also/??? used by Kiwifarms, an offsite forum meant for harassing, stalking, and doxxing people, and is inhabited by self-proclaimed nazis, as a slur to refer to all transfolk.