Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

I wouldn't really say SA developed or refined 4chan, since it came out of a purge of the worst elements of ADTRW. It started out with a similar kind of irreverent/edgy comedy tone to it but rapidly moved in a totally different direction.

This is definitely a misconception if I ever heard one. Moot had a thread about 4chan on ADTRW for a while after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

There isn't a specific thread I can point to, it's just fishmech liked to smugly sign off posts with "hth" and that got filtered to "I'm a loving idiot"

Wasn't it "I'm a huge prick" actually? Idk why I remember this, but it's funnier since hth is just about the most condescending prick thing you could add to your post, whereas idiot is just a generic insult

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

ArfJason posted:

ctr is the best kart racer from that era and its not even close

I don't even care what the hell else is going on in this thread but this is the absolute fuckin truth right here

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

SA is finally after all these years living up to the premise of a "comedy forum"

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

KM tried to drill into people's heads that any criticism of her or her actions was racism. If you're still (somehow) holding water for her, that's the conclusion you'd come to.

It's unfortunate, especially since it's just another facet of her wannabe grifter bullshit. There's no doubt gonna be more gullible fools caping for her both on the forums and off and probably giving her power and money over it.

But oh well, can't force people to changer their minds, so I'll just keep lmaoing at this absolute gem of a thread. Two nights now I've went to bed laughing like a maniac after reading this fuckin' thread and thinking about the brilliant sockpuppet posts KM made. This is the funniest goddamn saga, full stop