Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The MUMPSorceress posted:

The un banned informant they're referring to is The Iron Rose, who went and shared a bunch of other trans goons Facebook info with kiwi farms because she got pissed at me using the term "microaggression" for some weird sociopathic reason. Afaik she is still not permabanned which upsets me a bit since she sicced those assholes on me, but I know she gets banned semi regularly in the d&d purges.

They were really fixated on me for a while to the point that they got poo poo like my home address and birth certificate, but then the most they could work up the courage to do was send me pms on SA with Google maps links to fast food restaurants near my house. At the end of the day kf is just a bunch of really sad weirdos who try to boost their self worth by maintaining their pathetic little burn book website and the writing manifestos about how they're fighting for free speech or something.

I was catching up and what the gently caress. I see that person constantly. Why are they still here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I looked into The Iron Rose's posts in the threads in which The MUMPSorceress remembered her having confessed to doxxing. I couldn't find anything to support that.

Same here. That's what truly baffled me :shrug:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I mean, certainly yes, but the post they are responding to also explicitly genders her.

unless specifically said by the person I'm referring to, I try to stay gender neutral and not to take pronouns from 3rd parties.

which...is ironic since I was probably too credible about the OP's claims otherwise. In terms of sagas, I think they were probably referring to Jenner.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

professor metis posted:

What's the story with Jenner?

amazingly, there is nothing in the SAcylopedia.

basically, the original canary in a coalmine for the forums trans doxxing problem. she made a thread about getting harassed, was called crazy and overreacting by a bunch of people, and somehow Lowtax got the impression that she was actually permabanned poster stomper58 because he lacks object permanence, and permabanned her temporarily.

then, that weird thread Mumps linked, had the KF poster claiming that Jenner was secretly trying to get harrassed by going to KF or something, so she could "be a martyr".

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

it's been a bit but if I remember correctly somewhere they made a post where they said/admitted they were that poster, although I'm pretty sure it was a joke that was immediately taken at face value.

yeah, it's in the thread I linked. it' s poorly worded, but I don't know how you can take it as anything other then a joke.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pick posted:

Jenner is a real person and wasn't lying about their life at all, so... maybe don't listen to weird offsites.

no one is.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

no it's weird shrill nonsense that only gained traction because of that Charlie Brown video and nobody in Outkast has ever had a healthy stable relationship

so brave, and yet so wrong

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

Was it here where someone announced they were having a Zelda-themed wedding, then a bunch of people said not to do it, then they did it?

Edit: yup, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2493560
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2566121

It's pretty funny how the goon fear of being seen as a nerd translates to a bizarrely puritanical idea of what a wedding should be.

they're dorks, but that was a pretty tasteful nerd wedding all things considered.

edit: jesus that thread is bad

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 10, 2020

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

it's kind of wild in an "american accent is closer to traditional english than current british accents" sort of way but old SA was a feral bitch palace basically indistinguishable from current day KF or 4chan, it's just that everyone who stuck around figured out how to socialize, while everyone too embittered on their own ugliness to get along began pidgeonholing themselves into smaller and smaller communities of indistinguishable miserable turd-goblins.

to them, we're the normies.

I can give some slack, because 13 years is a long time for growing up, but the idea that some of those people were late 20s or older back then is pretty bonechilling.

I joined SA right around the beginning of the shift to its current culture, and it has been really interesting to see the toxic weirdos slowly get squeezed out. The fact that the FYAD drama just now happened, after the last of the authentic irony vanished, is reflective of that

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 10, 2020

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

is cinemasins a goon saga because who cares

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pick posted:

I don't think you should sexually harass people even if you're dating them.

lmfao what a big brain take

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Ahaha noooooo! The PI goons found out someone suspiciously similar to that lady trying to give away her maremma on another site after it started becoming aggressive.

Don't be a tease now. Delusional pet owners are my most/least favorite thing

I wish I still had the link, but there was another thread with some rear end in a top hat giving away his dog because he "didn't have time".

His WoW guildmate dropped in to say how upsetting this was, considering said rear end in a top hat liked to raid 12 hours a day.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Daikloktos posted:

The leak from the Eve Goon guild discussing having operatives determine whether any of the developers were "usefully gay" for honeypotting

They did, by the way, out a rival commander as being gay by posting his dating profile in a forum slapfight. Thankfully, the universal reaction was disgust at their action, and laughter, because he had been out for years.

The operative in question was a real life private investigator, and would use his professional tools to dig up personal information on people who joined the guild. Because they could steal pixels, you see.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

this deserves to not be buried, this is a hilarious mini-saga.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I really really love any fact telling about the nazi's idiot dumb decisions. anything to deflate the myths about their invincibility and evil power. fascism is such a (literally) degenerative death cult philosophy, and the Nazi's really embodied how it saps a country of real strength.

the only thing they did well was to murder innocent civilians, and even those non-militarized innocent civilians gave them quite a few black eyes.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

purple death ray posted:

I was telling my wife how goons love to donate money to stuff and I ended up trying to explain doobies dog house and well we should all probably try to do less weird things in the future

that poo poo was hilarious...until right around the 2 year mark when it got truly creepy

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

pentyne posted:

More like the 2 week mark starting with the long effort post by someone who said they returned their wife's christmas presents so they could donate $6k to a racist white redneck with fantasies of being a restaurant mogul.

It just descended from there as goons got so hyped on their own farts they started insisting Doobie embrace a bunch of SA specific stuff like make a "frog-dog" and start getting really testy when it wasn't happening fast enough.

That was at least funny in hindsight. Once the gas ran out on the Kickstarter mock and it became "hey let's harass this man on Facebook" is when it got terrible.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I still think about the love affair held in a hidden unlocked subforum

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

not quite a saga, but I remembered the rotten severed leg post from the charceturie thread, which led to a pretty funny derail for a while

:nms: :nms: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438423&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post432200869 :nms: :nms:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lol if you dont shoplift from large chains and pirate tbh

sorry just formulating my most derail worthy thought. let me know if i need to workshop

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Des Moines is a pretty incredible midwestern city with a vibrant local arts scene and wonderful lgbtq+ community so it's a goddamn shame it's name was ruined by such a piece of poo poo.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

They were basically milking as much :10bux: as they could from that guy

no all of gbs was like that. anyone remember the burst pipes meme.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

Regarding food sagas: it just came up a few pages before this started, but the guy who was trying to cure his own leg of ham and posted pictures of the most disgusting rotted pig leg asking if any of it was salvageable was pretty great, both because lol of course it's not salvageable, but the leg also looked alarmingly like a human limb and that only heightened the horror of it all.

im still not convinced it wasnt a human

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

this is minnie. she's a grumpy gus around other dogs but is a total lap warmer most of the time

I do love this goof

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 1, 2020

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Len posted:

That led me to the lepers colony, anyone know the thread that led to the permaban of Tashalicious?

It's technically offsite discord poo poo but from what I've seen it's legit :(

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

To this day there's still like three posters in the Better Call Saul thread who think they're comedy geniuses for dropping references to a single misheard line from a post in the Breaking Bad thread seven years ago after every single episode and it's just the most exhausting thing.

What's the line

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Zore posted:

The game starts off with Duke sleeping with very thinly veiled expys of the Olson twins. They later get impregnated by the alien invaders and killed.

Its about exactly as hosed up as you think

that whole "countdown until Mary Kate and Ashley turn 18" thing gives me such douchechills to this day

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

is that the game developer? :magical:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

purple death ray posted:

Care to share for those of us who live a Twitter free life

it was discovered that twitter may have a button to hellban people, something they've denied for years.

because they are too cowardly to just ban nazis.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Goons mocking Dashcon is funny as poo poo because for all it's myriad failings there's nothing approaching the vileness and patheticness of the average gooncon. Like I don't recall a single obese man projectile vomiting or group sex happing in front of the entire group through a thin piece of fabric or a dude lying about meeting celebrities on the Vegas strip because nobody wanted to hang out with him, and at least the Tumblr people had the excuse of mostly being literal children and not 30 year-old computer janitors.

sleeveless,,,

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I've always come up with a logical schema for my passwords that follow a similar but obscure pattern and I've never had issues remembering 16 char passwords.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

these last few days have really sucked poo poo. I don't get why so many people are unable to see the human behind the keyboard. sometimes I wonder if the reason these boards can get so nasty is because a wifebeating narcissist helped build the culture, and ever since the taint of that has stayed here.

I've had many good interactions with goons, and have made lifelong friendships here, but lately it honestly feels like that is "in spite of" rather then "because of"

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TheArchimage posted:

By the context of the rest of the message it sounds like she meant "I would also like to apologize" and typoed it because it's not a pristine form letter passed through the hands of a dozen lawyers and editors. As long as we're nitpicking words, notice the word "again" in LAB's first message? I was told this is a continuation of a discussion/apology from the mod board, but of course I'm not able to view those boards so I can't confirm that. And I didn't bring this up before because you all clearly decided you hated KM years ago (and also because, you know, I can't prove it, which seems a pretty reasonable excuse to not bring it up).

Also, *I* asked *KM* whether I could post these, she didn't tell me to do it and didn't even suggest doing so. So poo poo on me all you want for posting the receipts you asked for, but trying to gin this up into yet another reason to continue your crusade is kinda hosed up.

Km did the healthy thing by disengaging, as did LAB. Don't be a flying monkey and exacerbate this poo poo.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

loving hate gaslighting flying monkeys kramering in here and sealioning, really wish the mods would do something about it

It's a useful term to describe this weird henchmen behavior :shrug:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Flying Monkeying is a new and good phrase to describe what people are doing and I look forward to using it a lot in the next few months, often improperly.

what have I done

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ArfJason posted:

the only other strip from that webcomic ive seen is this one

it doesnt sound like a bad idea at all

My coworker would crush them up, drop in some lime juice and Taijin until the cheetos became a goopy stew, then eat it with chopsticks

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I want a sit-down interview with everyone who used that copypaste template seriously.

I'm not even joking, it'd be a fascinating documentary to see where they ended up.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

this poo poo sucks, but is also hilarious.

sorry to fyads I may have been a dick too. I still dont dig your forum but the current users are pretty ok.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

oh, i remember now. this is the guy that we groomed to post in fyad then bullied until he had multiple emotional breakdowns and nearly attempted suicide, then hacked his phone and his computer and made sure his neighbors knew about him trying to post in fyad and set up some funny trolls at his job and also did some numerology magic to make him unable to tell the difference between five and twelve. we also did a lot of groundwork to make this impossible to prove

Man, don't gently caress with someone having an obvious psychotic break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

unlimited shrimp posted:

I don't know if it's cool or uncool to post offsite screencaps ITT at this point but let's just say KM is approaching alcoholic parent levels of non-apology.

I'd rather not. Had too much of this.