Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Jesus, he was way worse than I remembered

so this guy wants to gently caress monkeys or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

dragon age: poo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

have you considered that your posting might just be bad, Guy Mann

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Now, this relationship was toxic to begin with and doomed to fail regardless, 

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

that video about cinemasins is good, actually

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEAsGoP-5I&t=106s here's the dang video since yall can't be bothered to take two seconds to look it up

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

EVE is the game where a russian corp physically cut their rivals' power lines, isn't it?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

I love that even now when hating the police has never been more accepted goons are still taking an article based entirely around the anecdotes of a few cops as 100% factually correct criminal profiling.

so do you prefer Janeway or Archer

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

pentyne posted:

yeah its from a chat exchange between lowtax and zdr(?) about trying to fix the radium code and when they tried to change some of the language usage it starting glitching out and causing problems so they had to revert it and leave it alone.

No, it's from the previous incarnation of this thread.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lowtax change it so that unregistered users can't list forums in the panel. Some piece of logic in the code decided that not being able to list forums means it should show the banned page. The banned page shows your username - it'd say something like "CONGRATULATIONS fishmech!!!". However, logged in users do not have a username, and get set to a default one. Thanks to literally radium, this default was "Unregistered human being".

I turned off the "logged out users can't see forums" setting for now, and pushed this patch to remove the slurs:
code:
commit 077765fc017446469f9f51025de87b78ec3d3f79
Author: Jeffrey of YOSPOS <JeffreyOfYOSPOS@gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Jan 1 16:32:41 2020 -0600

remove radium slurs from code

diff --git a/include/authbbuser.php b/include/authbbuser.php
index ca6c718..eca9c16 100644
--- a/include/authbbuser.php
+++ b/include/authbbuser.php
@@ -84,7 +84,7 @@ function bbuser_init($bbuserid, $bbpassword, $ip_address) {
        // if we didn't get a user above, make a guest (yes, this is still required)
        if(!($bbuserinfo[usergroupid])) {
                $bbuserinfo['userid'] = 0;
-               $bbuserinfo['username'] = 'Unregistered human being';
+               $bbuserinfo['username'] = 'Unregistered User';
                $bbuserinfo['daysprune'] = -1;
                $bbuserinfo['timezoneoffset'] = $bbuserinfo['showvbcode'] = 0;
                $bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] = $bbuserinfo['showsmilies'] = $bbuserinfo['showsignatures'] = $bbuserinfo['showavatars'] = $bbuserinfo['showimages'] = 1;
diff --git a/include/global.php b/include/global.php
index 245385d..9ddcf0f 100644
--- a/include/global.php
+++ b/include/global.php
@@ -207,7 +207,7 @@ if ($is_dev_mode && in_array($bbuserinfo['usergroupid'], array(6)) && isset($_GE
                $g = 1;
                $bbuserinfo = array(
                        'userid' => 0,
-                       'username' => 'Unregistered human being',
+                       'username' => 'Unregistered User',
                        'daysprune' => -1,
                        'timezoneoffset' => 0,
                        'showvbcode' => 0,

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

careful that's a load-bearing slur

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

didn't he put his wallpaper up upside down

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

for gently caress's sake

these forums are good and lowtax whether he's a piece of poo poo or not has had gently caress all to do with that for years

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

this is, unequivocally, the best community on the internet. it would be insanely stupid for that to die over the broken spine man's personal crimes

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

where the gently caress are you going to run to? twitter? reddit? yet another gbs offsite that gets mismanaged into the dirt and overrun by "ironic" neo nazis? loving discord?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

this is the last big place on the internet you can find real moderation done by real people, not fuckassed algorithms or anonymous white supremacists or self appointed supercops. gently caress you, this place isn't on life support. the internet died a long time ago and this place is the life support.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think they're all going in expecting it to be a forum

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This is our Tess. We've had her for the better part of ten years. She's a grump most of the time, but every so often she goes looking for a lap to sit on - she especially loves my dad.

This is Tibby, my grandma's cat who's been living with us since my grandma went into a nursing home. Underneath the fluff she's all skin and bone, and tends to vomit all over whatever room she's kept in, and she needs steroid injections every few weeks or she starts to fade away, but aside from that she seems happy enough, and that's all we can really ask for. She's almost completely deaf, but very loving, if there's a hand anywhere near her she'll home in on it and make sure you know you should be petting her. Has a weird aversion to laps and legs in general though, she won't touch a leg by choice. If she has to get past you she'll daintily hop over you rather than step on you.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Heath posted:

What is the little thing in the :blessed: icon anyway?

Blob emoji, don't know what it's doing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sir Not Appearing posted:

FYAD is to forums as "nazi" is to people who you don't agree with irl.

you know, I've noticed this weird trend about people who complain that the word Nazi is overused

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't know what the hell a catlady is supposed to be but everyone I've seen complaining about them seems pretty insufferable

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Don Gato posted:

I mean what's the worst that could happen, they deny a genocide or two?

We regret to inform you the tankie was a genocide denier.

R. Guyovich was not a genocide denier.

He was a genocide explainer.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hope this deal goes through soon so I never have to hear about dick "I don't pay my taxes" kyanka ever again

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bloom posted:

I don't know who sleeveless is or why everyone is making GBS threads on them but they're right that "sex pest" is a dumb and vague term

guy mann rereg

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

man I only signed up for the lets' plays, things have really escalated

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

to be fair

it does said in the op it is exactly what it looks like and everyone sees pink when anime comes up!!!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

BlueTide posted:

"it's too crazy to be true" is boiled into the process. i legit thought i was losing my entire sense of reality for months before crazy coincidence after crazy coincidence after crazy coincidence piled up and i started to think, okay...these can't be coincidences??

i really don't know what i expected from this lmao

it sounds like the obvious craziness of this story is only acting as further proof that it's true to you. I hope you'll come to your senses and seek help, but it looks to me like you're just gonna keep on down this crazy, crazy path, so goonspeed to you and good luck. try not to kill anyone when you're fighting imaginary gangstalkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

this one time after I played a bunch of half life 2 i saw a pallet outside a neighbour's house and I just wanted to smash that poo poo. just grab my crowbar and go to town. was a weird thing to catch myself thinking