Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Crocoswine posted:

it's impressive that I completely glazed over the relevant post, jesus christ

It's charming to immediately admit fault so don't sweat it. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Solice Kirsk posted:

I miss the news feed side of GBS a lot to be honest. They really should allow or set up a sub forum just for stuff like that.

This

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

JacquelineDempsey posted:

"itt we are a cat litter box" nonsense.

Just my two cents.

Stealing, ty Jackie

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

oldpainless posted:

Which religion is worst and why is it catholicism?

Sorry its Christian Science actually

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

RFC2324 posted:

why bother with that when we got archived by the Library of Congress?

https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0009701/

Guess I can't run for office :(

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

The Everest threads are peak SA to me, informative, fascinating, with edgy humor yes but that's what SA is

:shrug:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I hope Gnarly is ok

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

VanSandman posted:

Yeah the days of Something Awful being a truly anarchic place where people would just.... do wild poo poo and post about it are done, because the forums have shrunk and we who stayed got old.

Eh, you guys just aren't quite old enough.
Like 10 year reunions were a bitch to bartend; everyone is still in their marriage and rat race etc...

While 20 year reunions were awesome-- everyone is glad to be alive and ready to get f7cked up and party with ANYONE.

If SA still around in 10 years stories may get wilder again imo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

no one has guessed it yet but whoever does will get a Forums Gift as reward. instead of clogging this thread with guesses please take it to PM/email/my twitter which is linked on my Front Page ARticles.

Caganer was one of your names

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Huntersoninski posted:

She said she didn't think "one slap" in a relationship is that big a deal and implied that people who find it to be a dealbreaker must just not ever have been that frustrated or passionate.

Oh

Well that is someone who has never been hit by a man and/or never watched their mother get hit

Edit: argh tho, sorry for derail contribution

Spinz fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 13, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Zero One posted:

It started with the removal of the structural integrity of the house.

The terrible finished room is just the cherry on top.

I am surprised a :biojoists: smilie wasn't crafted at the time

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

If you are a famous irl goon please pm me, thank you

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Literally a Bird was so classy and mature for such a young woman. She had to ban me for an outrageous drunken thread I posted (I lol about it now, haven't drank since) and she was SO GRACIOUS. She pmed me saying she had struggled herself and words of encouragement and asked me to rereg immediately.

Such a pro. Frankly, her actions helped me shake it off.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=403#post506007031

Important^

Literally a Bird is the best as you all knew. I sent her a pm asking her opinion on what goons should do going forward- I love and need SA but don't want to aid Lowtax. If the pyf mod or anyone in contact with her finds out her opinion down the road I know I sure would value it greatly.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Moo the cow posted:

I'm done.

With this and everything. No new home to go to and no people to pretend are my friends. I can't see there being a replacement place for me anywhere.

I've met some nice people such as yourself and that is what I will miss most of all. From my heart: take care and I hope you all have happy lives.

Yes
I wish to hell you had plat. I'm completely alone irl too, please post again here PLEASE

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

ChubbyChecker posted:

she helped to silence the people who called lowtax out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911852&userid=128920

no wonder she ran away

Hey you who are you

She made up for it if that happened, I'm busy rn, buy helping LOGAN PERSONALLY as I linked above so shut the gently caress up

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Thank you so much!
:same: with all my heart

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Moo the cow posted:

Oh christ, I don't mean that I am going to play blindfold-hopscotch on the freeway, or anything like that.

It's sadness that this place has died and that there's a bunch of people I am weirdly-fond of that I won't get to interact with anymore.

(but I really do appreciate the concern. Which just highlights it even more because you wouldn't see stuff like that on Reddit or in the YouTube comments)

(I also posted this in the other thread that Spinz tracked me down to)

Oh thank God

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Four-Eyes posted:

Helping Logan is noble, but there was no sign of that compassion when Lowtax's ex-wife was on his chopping block.

I can only speak for myself; I was personally unaware of the situation that definitely exists--- before I incorrectly dismissed it as an acrimonious divorce. MY BAD I WAS WRONG TO DO SO

I think others did as well.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not that Bird and Jeff aren't awesome for the things they've done, but I think maybe we should hold off on deifying posters for a bit, what with that being the main reason Lowtax got away with everything for so long.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

The BEST PETS these last few pages :love: I'm in awe

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

:haw:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Fyad open now

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I have like at least 3 old accounts because I lost the password and couldn't ever reset it. I thought that was purposeful to suck more money out of unorganized goons

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's probably some significant reasons for that outside of your first assumptions, including that a lot of people who watched it just flat out died

Lol yup

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Elise the Great is the Greatest Goon ever imo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

This was a horrible mess and it continues to be handled poorly.

Edit: literally a bird was incredibly classy to me, but her pain caused her to make a long post, the majority of which served no purpose but to create more drama, and Jeffrey let it happen.

Walk away, say no more except FYAD not all nazis and go forward. That should have been done.

Spinz fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 21, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There’s basically no good way to handle it, either they name names and people will be at risk of getting harassed about it, or they don’t and there’s a ton of gossip and people can’t be sure what really happened.

I added to my post. It's worse now than before, the gossip.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

pentyne posted:

Coming from the same people screaming that the silence of the mods is a problem, a mod makes a careful statement trying to lay everything on the table, wants everyone to move on past it and face a new paradigm.

"YOU MADE IT WORSE YOU FUCKERS!"

They made it worse. Talking about this huge coup attempt, massively slamming this horrible group of people but not saying if in power still, leaving random POSTERS to say who did what

Smh

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Now, still, just make a stickied statement about FYAD not being Nazis, and some stuff about doing better in future.

And that's it. No more huge threads in QCS.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Pick posted:

that's Logan, dude

Why are you bringing her into qcs and pyf?

It's just more loving drama. There is NO WAY it's the right call, none.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Spinz has a forums vendetta against FYAD because her previous account got chain probated years ago.

Hello you have some kind of vendetta against me. Me saying not to bring in Logan had nothing to do with Fyad you absolute weird dude.

I accept that fyad is back and have moved on. Can you ever calm down?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Necros posted:

yeaaah i feel bad now. sorry spins. im sure there are plenty of people who consider you a good gbs superstar. just maybe chill out a lil please. i dont think pick wasnt trying to start anything.

It's fine, Mrs. Magoo is a tough ol bird :)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Stop all this right now

What the gently caress is wrong with everyone?

I don't gaf if an apology was or wasn't made a bloo bloo

A young woman who absolutely may have done some henious poo poo who has already been thoroughly doxxed by bad actors doesn't need continuously piled on here.

This is shameful. Women don't do this to other women. You could be endangering her. I do not know anyone involved. Please stop this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

So on her way out the door with a permaban Jeffrey outed her alt for our amusement?