Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

ground floor baby

My favorite saga has to be the gamecube mod challenge. I joined to read Let's Plays just in time to watch a guy send himself to the hostpital.

Wasn't the "lost fingat" found to be fake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah turns out all the poo poo about "hahaha you fools, no one cares if the dice are random. You think we QA for randomness? " may be bad for a company that designs accessories for games of chance...

But they're not the ones manufacturing the dice right? I thought they were just "customizing" them and putting them in bags to sell at a mark up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Also, remember the occasional pilondial cyst threads?

I remember in one of the bachelor threads (I think) someone talked about how they would run their finger over one of these to "dry it off" and then smear it on the same spot on his wall or headboard or something and he posted a pic of the smear stain it was, maybe, one of the worst/funniest/grossest things I've ever seen.

In fact the bachelor threads in general are a pretty great saga.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You mention that and not the scalpel/wet vac self-surgery in one of those?

I still don't believe that one was real.

edit:
Obviously the post was real, but I don't think it happened.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pentyne posted:

Off the heels of the recent spree of bans and permabans its a great time to mention the other historic mass bans and permas.

2003-the original culling of adtrw that led to the creation of 4chan (allegedly) where dozens of outright pedo defenders and apologists were banned in quick succession

2010/11- Another mass ban of pedos who started outing themselves in adtrw for the sake of "art"

2019- mass ban of pedos from adtrw for arguing that sexualized kids in manga is no different from Renaissance paintings of cherubs.

Any others? I know the banhammer means something but I assumed it was a D&D or old LF thing.

I'm not sure if this came from Shark Week or before, but there used to be weeks were it was incredibly easy to get banned for absolutely no reason. Shark Week itself is probably one of those sagas that hasn't aged well at all.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Who was that poster that wrote detailed stories about him or others having their anal muscle ripped during sex and them making GBS threads everywhere?

Also what ever happened to A/T mod siege?

Are you talking about GE Cafe? The goon who hosed his own rear end so hard some of it fell out in the toilet?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=1882534

or the goon that claimed he would anally surprise sex his paralyzed partner in their sleep and they couldn't figure out why they were making GBS threads themselves all the time?

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Jan 11, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Grassy Knowles posted:

I donít know if this counts as a saga but this gimmick is so spot on it always gets me

I always laugh at these. Every single time.

Also forgot this video from that dump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1jZi7OmRsA

surprised it doesn't get used more often

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

I like this one too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

New kitchen looks like it doesn't have a microwave. Don't like that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The great Entenmann's pastry groves of the Northeastern US.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wait, so is KF gone now?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ariong posted:

I vaguely remember a story about a man who was eating a whole pizza while sitting on a park bench, saw a small group of young black men walking in his direction (presumably because the bench was right next to a sidewalk), and being so terrified that he threw the pizza in their general direction and ran away. I do not remember if it was a story that somebody here told, or one from somewhere else that was simply discussed here. Does anyone remember this more concretely?

Wasn't this an episode of The IT Crowd?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tashilicious posted:

people still defend that one anime about the twelve year old who draws hentai and wants to gently caress her brother.

I mean, that should earn them a ban. I think the tiny little cleanup of ADTRW wasn't enough.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wait, is that what scissoring is?!?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

What in the hell is that?

He didn't make it to the bathroom.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's still funnier to think that his embarrassing moment was being caught in a gravitational anomaly causing him to be plastered to the ceiling while peeing and pooping himself.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

More like could acquaint less?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What LP did he do?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's amazing.Now I can enjoy Keyboard Goop in all the majesty as it was originally intended.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I deliberately waited to register so I would be and not .

First year to get one!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought the hotdog bun penis thing was Thorpe.

edit: Yup, https://www.somethingawful.com/news/my-genitals/1/
I think it originally got posted in a "Post Your First Sexual Experience" or "Most Embarrassing Sexual Experience" thread, and it was just an amazing show stopper.

edit edit:
Was that long story guy the one that told the super long story where it turned out he was Nedry from Jurassic Park?

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Jan 23, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

there isn't a prenup is there

Sweet As Sin posted:

He does have $ and there's no prenup

It's not like he didn't have a life or anything. He didn't even have my name and thought I was from Spain or Italy or Eastern Europe, so it was an impossible cause lol. But we run in similar esoteric circles .and to find me the way he did he had to know the right people and the right games/practices, so, as bad as the idea of marrying a rando goes, for me this was the right rando.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's always been a dream of mine to have a woman come up to me in a bar and ask me to marry her. I wish all the luck and happiness in the world to that goon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I miss the news feed side of GBS a lot to be honest. They really should allow or set up a sub forum just for stuff like that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The hell is Tane?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Finally getting the attention it deserves!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hallelujah posted:

i never saw the final outcome, but he bit straight into the middle like a hamburger

I do the bite then unroll sometimes too. It's rare, but it happens.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Some of the Sheep posted:

The sausage was deep inside a baguette-style roll, so a bun-only bite was exactly what he got!

Ooooooh! I thought it was a cinnamon roll. Never mind, forget that weirdo. His victory will turn to ash in his mouth and he will rule over nothing!

Now let's all talk about the best way to eat a cinnamon roll.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't remember the "Hot Underage Females You Would Like to Sex" thread. Seems like a bad thread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BRB, gonna go register youngblissful.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BiggerJ posted:

Completely unrelated to everything ever, but it needs to be enshrined here: I thought it was lost forever, but lookie what I found...

Awful Fantasy III, the 2003 FF3/6 romhack chronicling early SA Forums history (backed up on Mediafire by Rutibex, their post about it)

Modified version with gameplay improvements (saved from Geocities by Oocities, page with info and guide to beating Fragmaster here)

Original SA article with origins and info (see how it looked back in the day here)

Let's Play by Road, archived on LP Archive

I've got a long weekend, my lady friend is out of town, and I have two big bags of gummies and several bottles of whiskey. Looks like I just got my plans in order!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Swap.avi really is one of the bigger sagas the forum has ever had. Sometimes when you stare into the puke filled butthole, the puke filled butthole stares into you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Was anyone asking you about it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hey guys, please stop talking about how good at sex I am and how pleasurable and girthy my penis is. It's a little embarrassing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Haha

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is performance art isn't it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's just permaban him before we get the video of him cutting his arms with razor blades or threatening to kill someone on the forums . Cause I feel like that's coming in the next month or two with this guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

xcheopis posted:

The family was being fed a lot of lies by some right-wing religious group.
Didn't it turn out they had given the girl some food she wasn't supposed to have, which may have precipitated her crisis? If so, there may be a hefty dose of guilt and regret feeding that denial.

I think one of the things the hospital was saying was that they fed her a hamburger or something right after the surgery and that's what reopened the wounds. The family says they didn't do that. Gonna be one of those things we'll never know the truth about.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Giving the dog to a better family if you're a poo poo bird playing video games all day instead of walking/playing with it is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trevor Hale posted:

Some Dino-Riders erasure here.

Dino-Riders were legit awesome. Probably one of favorite toys as a kid. Those and the Playskool dinosaurs were the best dinosaur toys.

«4 »