Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yep, and the other guy got a 5000 dollar grand piano. For his fifth floor walk up.

Benzos are GABA agonists, so they tell your brain to slow its roll. It’s like alcohol, except instead of eventually passing out or yarping everywhere, you just black out and lose your inhibitions and memories.

And if you spend enough time on them, your body starts making more glutamate, which makes your brain speed up. On the low end, you have a bad headache and the shakes. On the high end, you have hallucinations, and seizures, and die. Which is why the TCC benzo thread had a guy at the 2300ish page mark asking for help about smuggling benzos into SAUDI loving ARIABIA so he could function there. They, uh, execute people for drug smuggling there.

He didn't actually buy the piano... he just bid on it, but the reserve was $50k, and he didn't meet it.

While that thread was hilarious, at least a couple of people ended up dying (Brewkakke was actually selling Da Joose, and had a moose as the website logo, and I can't remember the other guy, but there was at least one other), and that sucks.

I also remember the thread where someone thought they had a copy of the first Super Hornio Bros, so they went through all this effort to digitize it, but it turned out that the video was just a mislabeled copy of the second one.

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Kerbtree posted:

Anyone remember goons corresponding with Nicky Pacione? A very bad writer who didn’t take being rejected at all well.

I don't think it was done by a goon, but there was some video review where someone took one of his books, put it in a urinal, and just flushed it a bunch.

I first heard "Jesus is my Friend" by Sonseed in a video autoaim.cfg made for that thread.