Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FishBowlRobot posted:

A man of the people

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

i'm an extremely experienced artist why would you ask

you may say is not a ufc fighter but i say, how do you know???
very nice nik lentz

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

As far as I could get before Instagram crashed on me.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

I don't watch much UFC but Amanda Nunes is great so I tried drawing her

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's loving awesome!

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I did two.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:swoon:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lucasar posted:

I did two.

Good poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Lucasar posted:

I did two.

Holy poo poo, somebody tweet this to Adesanya.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
rip

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo.

Also sorry for delaying the winner announcement. I'll do that this weekend, and announce the winners plus ask Jerusalem to give those who posted pics a gang tag.

Please keep in mind these are all subjective to my own tastes but all of these pics are fantastic and I want to keep this thread going for a good while after.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy loving poo poo these pictures are glorious

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
No one has drawn the LHW champ yet

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lol these are great guys

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
some more cause it's fun

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

These are grotesque and I love them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

T. Honda is great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what is the gang tag. I don't know if I want it, but I might want to have it. I'm not sure for now because I don't have enough information. back when they were giving out the lebron lakers gang tag i could have easily received it. I was reading that thread at the time, but I decided not to ask for it. Just letting you know

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry for taking a week longer than planned to post the results.

I want to thank everyone for drawing such great drawings, even thsoe who submitted them past the deadline I had put in (I put it in so we can have a winner declared). I would love for people to continue to contribute despite the lack of "competition" as an incentive.

So, keep in mind these are my own personal picks and choices. Everyone did a fantastic amount of drawing but I wanted to highlight 3 people in particular who stood out.

1st Place

This was pretty hard but I feel like there are a lot of people who could have won this. Some of the ones were for people who weren't champions at the time of the competition but they were still great. However I did ask for specific UFC Champions as part of the requirements, and thus it helped narrow things down.

Nag wins first place with their drawing of Amanda Nunes which is so realistic but also cartoony its fantastic.

NAG posted:

I don't watch much UFC but Amanda Nunes is great so I tried drawing her

They get a new avatar + forum upgrade of their choice.

2nd Place

This nearly won and would have easily been 1st had it not been for Nag's drawing coming in late.

Lucasar gave us a great drawing (on paper!) of Stipe & Israel Adesanya in a wonderful art style that I would love to see more of.

Lucasar posted:

I did two.

They get a new avatar.

3rd Place

FishBowlRobot drew our muttering fireman hero Stipe in such a great style basing it off that great photo Stipe posted.

FishBowlRobot posted:

A man of the people

They get a new avatar.

4th Place
Despite not being much of an MMA poster, Cavauro provided one of the best and probably most goony images of Kamaru Usman early on and it made me laugh pretty hard.

Cavauro posted:

bullied on here once again.

this champion is named camauro usman

They get a new avatar.

Honorable Mentions

Macksy could have won had they not submitted their Jorge Masvidal drawing after the Feb 10 deadline. They are incredibly talented.

Please hit me up via PM with what you want for your prizes or in the thread and I'll hook it up ASAP.

Thank you all so much for making this dumb idea work. I would really like to see more drawings done as the year goes on if anyone wishes to continue this.

Edit - Here's the gang tag. Jerusalem please give this to all who posted their drawings.

Macksy
Dell_Zincht
CommonShore
Jerusalem
Cavauro
Awesomeolion
FishBowlRobot
piratepilates
Punch McLightning
kimbo305
NAG
Lucasar

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Feb 23, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Good gravy!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All the art was wonderful and thank you to everybody who took part :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

All the art was wonderful and thank you to everybody who took part :)

Can you check the bottom of the most recent post of mine where i listed the people who submitted work and the gang tag they all deserve?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I didn't mean to post this post. I'd already posted earlier, and forgot, even though it was a few minutes ago. if you eat a lot of tuna i've heard it can mess up your memory because of the mercury

decided this post can be recycled and used to approve the gang tag that proves I am extremely good at drawing

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 23, 2020

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Please hit me up via PM with what you want for your prizes or in the thread and I'll hook it up ASAP.

Thank you all so much for making this dumb idea work. I would really like to see more drawings done as the year goes on if anyone wishes to continue this.

Thanks for puttin this poo poo together. Haven’t come up with a solid idea for an avatar, is it cool if you just PM me an avatar certificate code?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i sent a pm about that but just realized maybe it was a deal with jerusalem about the avatars. If that's the case then i'm good and maybe someone else could have mine, or just scrub it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

i sent a pm about that but just realized maybe it was a deal with jerusalem about the avatars. If that's the case then i'm good and maybe someone else could have mine, or just scrub it

Nah no deal with Jerusalem. Buying avatars myself and I'll get you wat you had requested once everyone provides their requests in.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Wow, I won! Thank you. Mekchu I'll PM you in a few days with a new avatar, but I have all the forum upgrades I need already, so I'd be happy to give my upgrade prize to one of the runners-up.

This was a fun thread and I hope there's more throughout the forums.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Oh, I forgot to mention, since it likely needs it, my drawing is of Volkanovski with emphasis on his quads.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Mekchu posted:

Macksy could have won had they not submitted their Jorge Masvidal drawing after the Feb 10 deadline. They are incredibly talented.
Deciding to make an entry for a drawing contest after the deadline is something that I must have done a couple dozen times in my life by now, if not more. Congrats to the winners! My favorite is Lucasar's Stipe drawing that captures his essence of "is a large white man."

I like drawing and mma so Ill be posting new ones from time to time hopefully others will too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please God never stop :allears:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Nah no deal with Jerusalem. Buying avatars myself and I'll get you wat you had requested once everyone provides their requests in.

Got mine figured out, made this:

I've never hosed with avatars. Does it come with text, too? If so, slap on:

I've just been dying to know, where do you get your ideas from?

Or if you don't want to worry with it, you can PM me a certificate code. Whatever's more convenient for you. Thanks again!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

lmao thanks for the gang tag for my incredibly pathetic attempt at MSPaint on a mobile phone :)

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

been thinking about an mma version of punchout lately, for some reason

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good Lord :stare:

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my loving God never ever stop ever :lol:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NAG, enjoy your new avatar
FishBowlRobot, enjoy your new avatar
Cavauro, please check your PMs for your gift code you requested

Lucasar is the only user I haven't seen post with what they want as an avatar and I can't PM them so if anyone sees them posting elsewhere please let them know they have a prize they can claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

today, you have whooped every rear end there is to whoop. Bask in the glory of the whoopings you did