Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Did the same when I was younger. Loved everyone I worked with. Had some OK regulars. Almost everyone from outta town, or just dropping in from off the street were universally terrible though. I was able to deescalate pretty well, so avoided most potential fights. But I felt like I was a preschool teacher most days rather than person dealing with other adults. Booze + sex + the entitlement of someone throwing out money = toxic. The most annoying patrons were the "rich" white collar guys, and the wanna be gang banger fuckers. If you dare make them behave all of the white collar guys are best friends with the governor, the mayor, or your boss. And all the gang guys are soon to be famous rappers, high ranking hell's angles, or totally run the bloods up on the east side, and they are all coming back to get you, so "watch your back mother fucker!"

When I left that job it was bitter sweet, made a lot of good friends. At the time it seemed like harmless fun, and almost a dream job. We were all making money hand over fist, and the party life style that came with it almost made you feel like a rockstar. Time has really soured me on that whole experience though. Looking back now its just sad and depressing. A lot of my friends from those days are dead. Quite a few of the girls died from drugs, suicide, or in two cases hooking up with shithead who murdered them. Of all of the girls I've kept in touch with only one of them had a real good happy ending, the rest are all living in poverty, in prison, or still bouncing around clubs in their 40s. It was an experience to be sure, but not one I'm sure I'd have wanted if I knew going into it what I know now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU